Argyle by far the best team in 4a

TCU44

7 minutes ago, DawgNation2015 said:

I guess we will just have to keep playing and see how things shake out once pressure is applied.  LV already proved they can play with Argyle.  If they get another shot down the line they can win.

You know the old saying. Hard to beat a great team twice. We could see a repeat of 2016 Carthage vs Henderson series. I’d have to go with LV based on averages. Seems like those 2 teams are evenly matched. 

TCU44 was already bigtime wrong about Celina last night.  He was touting a 45-17 win for the Bobcats over Paris......almost exactly opposite of the way it turned out.  Believe me.......those connected closely with the Argyle program already know how difficult it will be just to win our district this season......much less winning the Region 2 D-1 title.  Enuff said on that subject.

• Like 1

Most very good football teams will continue to improve in the playoffs.........unless the team suffers the loss of a key or more than one key player to injury.  I totally expect LV, Stephenville, Paris, Melissa, and Argyle to all improve as the postseason gets here.  Even Celina, China Spring, Midlothian Heritage, and others.  Did you see where Wichita Falls Hirschi lost last night to Decatur???  Case in point.  We are just getting into the meat and potatoes of some serious weekly football now that the playoff spots are materializing.

22 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

I think carthage is the best team and hands down the best coach in Texas. It not only shows with his varsity team. All of carthage teams are fundamental and disciplined. Hell Dallas ought to hire him.

I saw where Nate Newton and few Cowboys where at the Carthage game

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

Most very good football teams will continue to improve in the playoffs.........unless the team suffers the loss of a key or more than one key player to injury.  I totally expect LV, Stephenville, Paris, Melissa, and Argyle to all improve as the postseason gets here.  Even Celina, China Spring, Midlothian Heritage, and others.  Did you see where Wichita Falls Hirschi lost last night to Decatur???  Case in point.  We are just getting into the meat and potatoes of some serious weekly football now that the playoff spots are materializing.

Agreed.

7 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

And you certainly cannot look at the winning margins of these games without first looking at the opponents' records you are winning against.  Margin of victory means zippo in the playoffs.......just win Baby........just win and advance.

I'm going to try to make the game Friday since my team plays Thursday night. Would love to chat football with you. 

I usually sit in one of the few non-reserved seats about 3 rows up from the 50 yd line on the Argyle side.  You have to get there about 6 pm to get one of those seats......otherwise you will be sitting on about  the 20 or worse on the Argyle side.  Our district voted to start all district games this season at 7 pm......not 7:30.

14 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

I usually sit in one of the few non-reserved seats about 3 rows up from the 50 yd line on the Argyle side.  You have to get there about 6 pm to get one of those seats......otherwise you will be sitting on about  the 20 or worse on the Argyle side.  Our district voted to start all district games this season at 7 pm......not 7:30.

Cool. My gf is having dental surgery earlier that day and it's supposedly painless but if it's not, I'll have to stay home and watch her.

The Dawgs and coaching staff is the only high school football team that gets better every game. They will be better in game 16 than they were in 15. Most teams are as good as they are going to be by week 10. Carthage runs so many formations and such a complicated system that the team gets better every week. Coach Surratt, Preston, and staff are the best in Texas. More state championships than playoff losses. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

• Stinks 1

3 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The Dawgs and coaching staff is the only high school football team that gets better every game. They will be better in game 16 than they were in 15. Most teams are as good as they are going to be by week 10. Carthage runs so many formations and such a complicated system that the team gets better every week. Coach Surratt, Preston, and staff are the best in Texas. More state championships than playoff losses. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

I wonder what the coaches of Allen, Lake Travis, Westlake, Highland Park, and many others would think about that statement......

4 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Maybe not......but some of them have more playoff wins in 10 yrs than Carthage does.

Is that true or did you just say it? I’m not sure. Would be good info. I have a hard time believing that, but it could very well be accurate. Might hurt in 2014 Carthage was 1-1 in the playoffs.