Argyle by far the best team in 4a

TCU44

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

But that doesn't mean that Carthage was necessarily the very best team all of those years cumulatively.......they just had an easier road in the playoffs.  Any real student of Texas High School football following the regional playoff games in that time frame(like Me, for example) could tell you that.

Are you still sure about this after being presented with the facts? I figured a real student of TXHSFB would have the data to back up his argument. Still lol at you trying to say R3 has been easy, and that’s the reason Carthage has been so successful. This is the post of the week for sure.

• Thumbs Down 1

3 hours ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The Dawgs and coaching staff is the only high school football team that gets better every game. They will be better in game 16 than they were in 15. Most teams are as good as they are going to be by week 10. Carthage runs so many formations and such a complicated system that the team gets better every week. Coach Surratt, Preston, and staff are the best in Texas. More state championships than playoff losses. 

Lets Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

God Bless coaches, players, and fans. 

A lot of coaches would look real good  with the talent Carthage has had for the last 10 years 

11 hours ago, TCU44 said:

Argyle is by far the best team in 4a!Its not even close!

Seen both Argyle and Carthage. It would be a great matchup. I will say this, Carthage has class, Argyle has none. Why do you throw a pass on the final play of the game with a 63-13 lead. You say it wasn't supposed to go for a touchdown. that's bull! You take a knee in that situation every time. I repeat, Argyle has no class.

• Like 2
  • LOL! 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

8 hours ago, TCU44 said:

A lot of coaches would look real good  with the talent Carthage has had for the last 10 years 

No no!! And yes a lot of coaches would look good with Carthage talent but Carthage wouldn't win so many States if it wasn't with the best coaches and staff in Texas. Great coaches brings out the team in tight situations, but a Great coaches with a lot of talent as Carthage makes the team explosive.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 68Hornet said:

Seen both Argyle and Carthage. It would be a great matchup. I will say this, Carthage has class, Argyle has none. Why do you throw a pass on the final play of the game with a 63-13 lead. You say it wasn't supposed to go for a touchdown. that's bull! You take a knee in that situation every time. I repeat, Argyle has no class.

Argyle has a great coaching Staff as well as a Carthage and that would be a Great match-up.

19 hours ago, TCU44 said:

Argyle is by far the best team in 4a!Its not even close!

On being the best team I’ll say time will tell. On not even being close I’ll say false. 

I do hope you show back up on here if Argyle does not win state but I highly doubt you will.  People that make that kind of comments are a dime a dozen. They come and go if you know what I mean.  

You are talking both divisions total.....I'm talking about Carthage in whatever division it was in each year. Division 1 does not play Division 2 in the playoffs.  It's difficult to track and discombobulated at the very least because of schools moving up and down according to enrollment and alignment for each alignment term.  You cannot compare your path to the SC title game from Region 3 D-1 with what the path was for Region 3 D-2 in any year.......they don't play each other or the same teams.

• Stinks 1

37 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

You are talking both divisions total.....I'm talking about Carthage in whatever division it was in each year. Division 1 does not play Division 2 in the playoffs.  It's difficult to track and discombobulated at the very least because of schools moving up and down according to enrollment and alignment for each alignment term.  You cannot compare your path to the SC title game from Region 3 D-1 with what the path was for Region 3 D-2 in any year.......they don't play each other or the same teams.

Ok. Whatever you say. You didn’t have the facts, and they were presented to you. Now you are saying whatever division Carthage was in, was easy? I honestly don’t even know what you are trying saying.

Good luck to Argyle. They have a great program. I’m sure they will make another deep playoff run.

Okay.......you think Region 3 total is better in both divisions and I say it varies with the years depending on who was in that Division for that year......whether it be Division 1 or Division 2. Carthage has been in both Divisions and Region 2 and 3.......so it's difficult to track it all.  They keep moving teams in out of the regions too with the alignments.  Argyle was moved to Region 1 two years ago, and now they are back in Region 2 again this season.......see what I mean.  Now this alignment, they moved LV and Stephenville into Region 2.

6 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Okay.......you think Region 3 total is better in both divisions and I say it varies with the years depending on who was in that Division for that year......whether it be Division 1 or Division 2. Carthage has been in both Divisions and Region 2 and 3.......so it's difficult to track it all.  They keep moving teams in out of the regions too with the alignments.  Argyle was moved to Region 1 two years ago, and now they are back in Region 2 again this season.......see what I mean.  Now this alignment, they moved LV and Stephenville into Region 2.

We are just going in circles now. Basically you were way off base with your initial post. It’s all good. R3 has owned old 3a / new 4a the last 10 years. End of story.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 4:30 PM, dean1345 said:

When Argyle defeats the best (Carthage) then they can lay claim as the best. I don’t think the Dawgs are to afraid.

Hey Hotshot........for your information Carthage and Argyle have only faced each other twice in football.......with one win and one loss each.  Unfortunately, Carthage falls in Region 3, and some years when Argyle played in the SC game for about FIVE yrs in a row.......Carthage didn't make it to the title game, Okay Hotshot???  OR.....they made it in Division 1 when Argyle was in Division 2.  So that's the real story between these two schools in football.  In every other sport Argyle kicks Carthage all over the carpet.  So go #### some eggs, Egghead.

• Thumbs Down 1
  • Stinks 1

12 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Hey Hotshot........for your information Carthage and Argyle have only faced each other twice in football.......with one win and one loss each.  Unfortunately, Carthage falls in Region 3, and some years when Argyle played in the SC game for about FIVE yrs in a row.......Carthage didn't make it to the title game, Okay Hotshot???  OR.....they made it in Division 1 when Argyle was in Division 2.  So that's the real story between these two schools in football.  In every other sport Argyle kicks Carthage all over the carpet.  So go #### some eggs, Egghead.

Argyle went to the championship 5 years in a row? Or 3? I’m confused. 

What other sport has Carthage played Argyle? Volleyball?