Argyle by far the best team in 4a

TCU44

Look, I came on this thread originally just thinking I would see if anyone disputed the "by far" part of the statement.  La Vega played them very tight and as noted were without some key guys.  I was going to give them the nod as being better than Carthage at this point in the season and let things play out.

But then I had to read the part about how basically most of Carthage's championships don't mean they are the best, just means they played in a weak region.

The goal is to win a state title.  You can claim to be the best or have the most D1's or whatever you want to claim.  In the end, its about who brings home the hardware.  I don't really care if you are tops in the polls for the whole season.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Hey Hotshot........for your information Carthage and Argyle have only faced each other twice in football.......with one win and one loss each.  Unfortunately, Carthage falls in Region 3, and some years when Argyle played in the SC game for about FIVE yrs in a row.......Carthage didn't make it to the title game, Okay Hotshot???  OR.....they made it in Division 1 when Argyle was in Division 2.  So that's the real story between these two schools in football.  In every other sport Argyle kicks Carthage all over the carpet.  So go #### some eggs, Egghead.

Been to the title game for about 5 years in a row?  How many titles you got to show for it?

23 hours ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Argyle went to the championship 5 years in a row? Or 3? I’m confused. 

What other sport has Carthage played Argyle? Volleyball?

Baseball, basketball, volleyball, football......maybe soccer?  Enough to be counted.  And that doesn't even count other UIL sanctioned events.  So back off of your Argyle bashing on this thread......there is no call for it.

• LOL! 1
  • Stinks 1

19 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Baseball, basketball, volleyball, football......maybe soccer?  Enough to be counted.  And that doesn't even count other UIL sanctioned events.  So back off of your Argyle bashing on this thread......there is no call for it.

Nobody bashed Argyle that I have seen. I think everybody has a lot of respect for Argyle. Everybody knows about the overall athletic program and academics Argyle has. They win the LSC every year. They should be very proud.

But you got on here and popped off about Carthage playing in an easy region, and some other things you don’t have a clue about. 

I’m pretty sure Carthage has never played Argyle in boys basketball or baseball. Definitely not soccer. I do think I remember Argyle beating Carthage in volleyball, but I’m not 100%.

So before you get on here spouting off, please have your facts correct. Btw this is a football season. Nothing else matters right now.

6 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

Nobody bashed Argyle that I have seen. I think everybody has a lot of respect for Argyle. Everybody knows about the overall athletic program and academics Argyle has. They win the LSC every year. They should be very proud.

But you got on here and popped off about Carthage playing in an easy region, and some other things you don’t have a clue about. 

I’m pretty sure Carthage has never played Argyle in boys basketball or baseball. Definitely not soccer. I do think I remember Argyle beating Carthage in volleyball, but I’m not 100%.

So before you get on here spouting off, please have your facts correct. Btw this is a football season. Nothing else matters right now.

On 10/14/2018 at 6:43 PM, UnclePigg said:

On 10/14/2018 at 6:43 PM, UnclePigg said:

6 minutes ago, BulldogBacker12 said:

We've definitely played Carthage in basketball AND volleyball thru the years.......I think in baseball too!  I would have to do some extensive research and so would you to determine that.  Sometimes in sports like basketball and baseball......they play each other in tournament action that is not recorded on MaxPreps.  But I do remember playing Carthage in basketball and I'm thinking we played them in baseball a couple of years ago......maybe it was in the playoffs.  I would not say it if I didn't think it happened.......but I cannot remember all the games of every sport for every single year that Argyle plays unless I do some crazy research.......and even then it is possible it would not show up.  We know Carthage is a Top Team in football.......that's not even debateable.  I didn't start this thread, but that Argyle bashing stuff started and what do you expect from me, Huh?  I'm not gonna sit idly by when I know for a fact Argyle can play WITH Carthage in many of those years that we didn't get that chance.......Just like THIS season, too!!  And so can some other teams in 4A.......not very many........but some each year!!  It just depends on the scheduling and the breaks........who plays who when and if there are some injuries or something else that happened.

4 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

We've definitely played Carthage in basketball AND volleyball thru the years.......I think in baseball too!  I would have to do some extensive research and so would you to determine that.  Sometimes in sports like basketball and baseball......they play each other in tournament action that is not recorded on MaxPreps.  But I do remember playing Carthage in basketball and I'm thinking we played them in baseball a couple of years ago......maybe it was in the playoffs.  I would not say it if I didn't think it happened.......but I cannot remember all the games of every sport for every single year that Argyle plays unless I do some crazy research.......and even then it is possible it would not show up.  We know Carthage is a Top Team in football.......that's not even debateable.  I didn't start this thread, but that Argyle bashing stuff started and what do you expect from me, Huh?  I'm not gonna sit idly by when I know for a fact Argyle can play WITH Carthage in many of those years that we didn't get that chance.......Just like THIS season, too!!  And so can some other teams in 4A.......not very many........but some each year!!  It just depends on the scheduling and the breaks........who plays who when and if there are some injuries or something else that happened.

Ok. Whatever you say champ. It’s your story. 

It's cool to be proud of what your football program has accomplished......those titles and trophies are hard to come by......so many things can go wrong in a season or just one game to prevent a title.  But you will NEVER hear Argyle bragging and bashing other really good teams......or even competitive and bad teams......we just DON'T have any reason to do that.  But for some reason there are MANY Carthage posters here that think and feel they must let everyone know they are the best.  Fine......I'm done with hearing this kind of stuff. 

I'll be willing to leave this site if you don't want to deal with Region 2 teams in an upfront manner.  Otherwise.......why would I even want to post on this site, Huh?  There are some Gilmerite posters on the other site that won't even post here anymore.......they got so irritated with the posters on this site.  I don't post here much.....usually only when a game concerns Argyle in one way or another.  But if I'm not welcome, then just keep treating me like an unknowing yokel......of which I am not.  This site is full of unknowing Yokels......and that's a documented fact, Jack!!  Argyle does not need to apologize to anyone about anything UIL related.......or about any treatment given.  We have done nothing but raise the standard for every other school in this classification since we became a school......also well documented.  And done it through hard work and class.  We win with class and lose with class.......the fans and community that supports Argyle is very ingratiating to all our opponents......even when they are mistreated because of Argyle's success.  That's just the way it is when you have success......there are always those that will be envious and spiteful against your success......in all kinds of ways.

On 10/14/2018 at 8:10 PM, regaleagle said:

Hey Hotshot........for your information Carthage and Argyle have only faced each other twice in football.......with one win and one loss each.  Unfortunately, Carthage falls in Region 3, and some years when Argyle played in the SC game for about FIVE yrs in a row.......Carthage didn't make it to the title game, Okay Hotshot???  OR.....they made it in Division 1 when Argyle was in Division 2.  So that's the real story between these two schools in football.  In every other sport Argyle kicks Carthage all over the carpet.  So go #### some eggs, Egghead.

In every other sport Argyle kicks Carthage all over the carpet.......but you will never bash another team.........Got it. 

• LOL! 1

9 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

It's cool to be proud of what your football program has accomplished......those titles and trophies are hard to come by......so many things can go wrong in a season or just one game to prevent a title.  But you will NEVER hear Argyle bragging and bashing other really good teams......or even competitive and bad teams......we just DON'T have any reason to do that.  But for some reason there are MANY Carthage posters here that think and feel they must let everyone know they are the best.  Fine......I'm done with hearing this kind of stuff. 

Nobody bashed Argyle. 

Only thing anybody said was about Argyle throwing a TD pass on the last play of the game when up by 50. That’s something that wouldn’t happen at Carthage, no matter what the situation was. That was the only thing said. 

You brought all the other stuff on yourself about talking about weak regions. When Argyle has historically played in much weaker regions. I mean come’on. Argyle was in R1 for 2 years!

5 minutes ago, cotton84 said:

In every other sport Argyle kicks Carthage all over the carpet.......but you will never bash another team.........Got it. 

They haven’t even played in other sports that I know of. This guy has gone off his rocker. Why would they play in basketball or baseball? They are in different regions. Only time they were in the same region was 2010 and 2011. So if it didn’t happen those years it didn’t happen.

Btw, I’m not disputing Argyle would not “kick Carthage all over the carpet” in other sports. They have a heck of a program. I guess we can revisit this during basketball or baseball season. Then he will have an argument. But right now it’s football season. 

Look you hard-headed numbskull......I've explained what happened in that early game of the season and gave a plausible reason for it.  Do you know how many times Argyle has taken a knee thru the years, Huh?  Coach Rodgers has always taken a knee.......this was a rare exception probably by the OC in an early season game when the pass was caught and it turned into a TD........it was not done to demean the opponent or score more points. IF you really think that way......I'll call you what you are......an idiot.  If you are not an idiot, then just let it go because you realize it was not intended for that purpose and you know from past history Argyle always took the knee.  Otherwise.....just be an idiot about it or shut up.

Hey Bulldog Backer......I can see that you do not represent Carthage to its highest level.......so I"ve decided to no longer pay any attention to your posts.  They are not honest, true representations of what I said or what Carthage represents and demeaning to its fanbase and supporters.  Good luck with all those posts......what you say and what really is are two different things altogether.......apparently.

All you boys need to calm down, all my Carthage boys and you too Regal.

This is going to sound crazy, but I personally went to Argyle after the Eagles defeated the Bulldogs to meet Coach Rodgers. Rodgers and a few assistants welcomed my wife and I. I told him congratulations on beating Carthage and wished he and the Eagles luck in their pursuit of a championship.

We talked for a while and we gave him a poster that said congratulations and good luck from fans of the Carthage Bulldogs. I asked Rodgers to give it to the players. Rodgers was very gracious and accommodating ( no matter how odd it must’ve felt for him).....

I’ve never told anyone I did this. The reason I did is there were some pretty heated discussions on SDC between Carthage and Argyle fans leading up to both games we played each other in the playoffs and because Argyle earned the win.

God’s honest truth, Carthage is not a bunch of punks full of ourselves and we know Argyle isn’t either. Regal, please don’t leave Smoaky over this thread that you didn’t even start.

P.S.

I like the long distance rivalry we have and hope we meet at Jerry World for all the marbles this December.

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

Thread’s off the rails.

Argyle is a great team and school. I wish them continued success.

Both teams have a lot to do to see who is better this season. Anything said before then is just speculation. We have seen many times that across this great state, there are a lot of proud programs who support their kids. That’s what it’s all about. We show up on Fridays and cheer for our kids.

We also know that this “game” provides a lot of valuable lessons to our kids. Let’s try to keep some perspective here boys.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Thread’s off the rails.

Argyle is a great team and school. I wish them continued success.

Both teams have a lot to do to see who is better this season. Anything said before then is just speculation. We have seen many times that across this great state, there are a lot of proud programs who support their kids. That’s what it’s all about. We show up on Fridays and cheer for our kids.

We also know that this “game” provides a lot of valuable lessons to our kids. Let’s try to keep some perspective here boys.

👏

16 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Hey Bulldog Backer......I can see that you do not represent Carthage to its highest level.......so I"ve decided to no longer pay any attention to your posts.  They are not honest, true representations of what I said or what Carthage represents and demeaning to its fanbase and supporters.  Good luck with all those posts......what you say and what really is are two different things altogether.......apparently.

FWIW... In my stroke damaged memory, I seem to recall attending a Carthage/Argyle baseball playoff game somewhere, sometime a few years ago; Don’t recall outcome, score or anything else but feel pretty sure it took place at a neutral site. Both Argyle and Carthage have excellent teams, coaching, & facilities... I really am tired of this P—-ing Contest off a bridge; IF &/or When these two programs meet, the outcome of THAT contest will determined by those who PLAY the game! Nothing else matters.🙄

• Like 1

1 hour ago, regaleagle said:

Haha. I haven’t said anything untrue to anybody. Definitley didn’t say a bad word about Argyle. I simply provided some facts to your post. But then you got your feelings hurt. This board is for talking football, but seems like you don’t want to do that without getting your feelings hurt.

This site is for entertainment, and this thread has provided that.

Good luck to Argyle. I have no doubt they are one of the top teams in the state, as they always are.

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Look you hard-headed numbskull......I've explained what happened in that early game of the season and gave a plausible reason for it.  Do you know how many times Argyle has taken a knee thru the years, Huh?  Coach Rodgers has always taken a knee.......this was a rare exception probably by the OC in an early season game when the pass was caught and it turned into a TD........it was not done to demean the opponent or score more points. IF you really think that way......I'll call you what you are......an idiot.  If you are not an idiot, then just let it go because you realize it was not intended for that purpose and you know from past history Argyle always took the knee.  Otherwise.....just be an idiot about it or shut up.

I'm no idiot, and your explanation doesn't work. If it was your offensive coordinator, he's classless. I will retract what I said about Argyle not having any class, because if was just one or a few that were classless. I've watched Argyle play for years and Coach Rodgers' teams performed exceptionally well and acted like champions. L-E deserves a big apology for what happened at the end of their game this year.

8 hours ago, TheTrueKing said:

Carthage

08: 14-2

09: 16-0

10: 14-2

11: 9-4

12: 11-3

13: 15-1

14: 6-6

15: 12-3

16: 13-2

17: 16-0

Overall Record: 126-23

Total playoff wins: 45

State Championship appearances: 6

State Championship Wins: 6

Aledo

08: 11-1

09: 15-1

10: 16-0

11: 14-2

12: 10-2

13: 16-0

14: 15-1

15: 13-2

16: 16-0

17: 15-1

Overall record: 141-10

Total playoff wins: 48

State Championship appearances: 7

State Championship Wins: 6

I didnt realize how close the playoff comparison was. Aledo has a better regular season win percentage and a couple more playoff wins. Either way, impressive for both programs. 

Here is my source for the research  https://www.texashighschoolfootballhistory.com/won-loss_records.html

Carthage has 46 playoff wins(6,6,6,2,3,6,1,4,6,6) if that site has their info correct. 

6 minutes ago, TheTrueKing said:

@cotton84 I counted only 5 playoff wins in 2016. They finished with a 13-2 record. Did Carthage only play 9 regular season games? 

Gladewater was the first game of the season, and it was cancelled(in the 2nd quarter if memory serves me correctly) because of a power failure

But...……….as far as the link/site that you gave on your previous post ---------go to Playoff Scores C-E...…………..they have all 6 victories listed for Carthage for 2016...…..actually they list all playoff games