Argyle by far the best team in 4a

TCU44

I just looked at LT and Allen. Allen has 41. LT has 44. Carthage has 46. These numbers are from MaxPreps, so might not be 100% accurate.

I know LT had multiple coaches. Pretty sure Allen has had more than 1 coach in the last 10 years also. 

But Allen and LT did it at higher levels than Carthage. So it is what it is.

This is why I think Surratt is the best. I promise you, if you look it up, over 90% of the teams who win state are undefeated. That rarely happens for us. Most teams you know very early if they're going to win it or not. Heck in 2010, I still don't know how he pulled that off as horrible as we looked in the preseason. He's taken teams that were not ready to win state and turned them into teams who were. Just look at 2016. Other can Carthage, what team has won state without being undefeated? Bet it's not many.

8 minutes ago, ctown81 said:

This is why I think Surratt is the best. I promise you, if you look it up, over 90% of the teams who win state are undefeated. That rarely happens for us. Most teams you know very early if they're going to win it or not. Heck in 2010, I still don't know how he pulled that off as horrible as we looked in the preseason. He's taken teams that were not ready to win state and turned them into teams who were. Just look at 2016. Other can Carthage, what team has won state without being undefeated? Bet it's not many.

Totally agree. 

It has so much to do with being in Region 3 those years.......and your playoff opponents.  You cannot just assume because you have won so many SC titles that you played a tougher schedule of opponents to get there......that's just not the case.  For many, many years in this time frame Regions I and II had more competitive playoff teams week to week.  It's nice to be able to say you have won all those titles.......congrats.  But that doesn't mean that Carthage was necessarily the very best team all of those years cumulatively.......they just had an easier road in the playoffs.  Any real student of Texas High School football following the regional playoff games in that time frame(like Me, for example) could tell you that.

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

1 minute ago, regaleagle said:

It has so much to do with being in Region 3 those years.......and your playoff opponents.  You cannot just assume because you have won so many SC titles that you played a tougher schedule of opponents to get there......that's just not the case.  For many, many years in this time frame Regions I and II had more competitive playoff teams week to week.  It's nice to be able to say you have won all those titles.......congrats.  But that doesn't mean that Carthage was necessarily the very best team all of those years cumulatively.......they just had an easier road in the playoffs.

What, so we beat the team that won its way to the title game, but we weren’t the best?

Maybe you did in a year and maybe you didn't in another year.......I'm just saying cumulatively you cannot simply say CARTHAGE is the best because of their record of titles.  There is more to consider than just the number of titles and how Carthage was able to capture so many.

Maybe you did in a year and maybe you didn't in another year.......I'm just saying cumulatively you cannot simply say CARTHAGE is the best because of their record of titles.

I understand what you’re saying, now are we talking about the best program in 4A over the last ten years or are we still talking about the best in any classification judged by success in each team’s respective classification?

5 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

It has so much to do with being in Region 3 those years.......and your playoff opponents.  You cannot just assume because you have won so many SC titles that you played a tougher schedule of opponents to get there......that's just not the case.  For many, many years in this time frame Regions I and II had more competitive playoff teams week to week.  It's nice to be able to say you have won all those titles.......congrats.  But that doesn't mean that Carthage was necessarily the very best team all of those years cumulatively.......they just had an easier road in the playoffs.  Any real student of Texas High School football following the regional playoff games in that time frame(like Me, for example) could tell you that.

Argument would be better if we had lost a couple of title games. R3 has been tough a few years. Especially when Sota was in their heyday and we were a real district of doom. This year 8 admit we have the easiest road. Heck we deserve a break.

Check your messages

24 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Dude you are way off. R3 has always been the toughest region in 3a/4a until the last couple years. You are reaching bad.

23 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Maybe you did in a year and maybe you didn't in another year.......I'm just saying cumulatively you cannot simply say CARTHAGE is the best because of their record of titles.  There is more to consider than just the number of titles and how Carthage was able to capture so many.

You and maybe 5 or 6 other people in the state of Texas believe that. But it is your right to believe it. 

Do you think it was pure coincidence that Liberty Hill was moved to Region 4 in this realignment for 4A-D1???  

LH stayed in the same region. They have been R4 since 2014. You are proving you don’t know what you are talking about. To insinuate R3 has been weak over the last 10 years is ridiculous. 

2008: Carthage R3 / Prosper R2. 2009: Carthage R3 / Gilmer R3. 2010: Carthage R2 / Hendo R2 (both in R3 now). 2011: CH R3 / Wimbo R4. 2012: Ville R1 / Sota R3. 2013: Carthage R3 / Argyle R2. 2014: Sota R3 / Gilmer R2. 2015: LV R4 / WOS R3. 2016: Carthage R3 / WOS R3. 2017 Carthage R3 / PG R2. 

Since 2008: R3 has 11 state champs. R2 has 6, with 2 of those being Carthage and Henderson who are R3 now, and will be in the future. R4 has 2. R1 has 1.

Like I said you are way off base. Historically R3 has been the toughest region at this level.