Argyle by far the best team in 4a

TCU44

16 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Hey Hotshot........for your information Carthage and Argyle have only faced each other twice in football.......with one win and one loss each.  Unfortunately, Carthage falls in Region 3, and some years when Argyle played in the SC game for about FIVE yrs in a row.......Carthage didn't make it to the title game, Okay Hotshot???  OR.....they made it in Division 1 when Argyle was in Division 2.  So that's the real story between these two schools in football.  In every other sport Argyle kicks Carthage all over the carpet.  So go #### some eggs, Egghead.

Since 2008, Carthage missed the state championship game in 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015.

All those years they did make it they won the trophy:

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2017.

You are correct, Argyle and Carthage weren’t always in the same division.

Please remind us which years Argyle has made it to the title game.

16 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Hey Hotshot........for your information Carthage and Argyle have only faced each other twice in football.......with one win and one loss each.  Unfortunately, Carthage falls in Region 3, and some years when Argyle played in the SC game for about FIVE yrs in a row.......Carthage didn't make it to the title game, Okay Hotshot???  OR.....they made it in Division 1 when Argyle was in Division 2.  So that's the real story between these two schools in football.  In every other sport Argyle kicks Carthage all over the carpet.  So go #### some eggs, Egghead.

Dang carpet burns hurt!

• LOL! 1

Just now, HearEmaGrowlin said:

Since 2008, Carthage missed the state championship game in 2011, 2012, 2014 and 2015.

All those years they did make it they the trophy:

2008, 2009, 2010, 2013, 2016 and 2017.

You are correct, Argyle and Carthage weren’t always in the same division.

Please remind us which years Argyle has made it to the title game.

11’, 13’, 14’, & 15’. 1-3 in those games.

7 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Carthage has played in 7 state championships and won 6. 

Remind me again how many Argyle has played in and how many they won. 

You said Argyle played in five in a row, how is that possible. If Argyle played in five in a row that means You would have played Carthage in at least one of them and we know that did not happen. 

The only time Argyle beat Carthage was in an overtime game at Rose stadium. Carthage entire offensive line were sophomores. If I remember right it was 21 to 0 in the first quarter Carthage leading. 

Now I have always been an Argyle fan but Argyle has been beat by the same teams that Carthage beat to be the champs. 

11 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

The only time Argyle beat Carthage was in an overtime game at Rose stadium. Carthage entire offensive line were sophomores.

Just about the whole team was sophomores. Bogie, Pipkin, all those guys that won in 2013. Ed Pope was a senior that year. Besides him, it was a very young team. I think it was 2 OT if I remember correctly. I think Surratt went for 2 after scoring a TD. But I honestly can’t remember.

Edit: It was a missed extra point in the 2nd OT. I think Carthage only lost like 5 starters that year. 

https://www.news-journal.com/etvarsity/three-time-defending-champ-carthage-bows-out-to-argyle/article_a20457bc-205a-59a3-874f-71ecc604d955.html

7 minutes ago, cowboyandchrist said:

Carthage has played in 7 state championships and won 6. 

Remind me again how many Argyle has played in and how many they won. 

You said Argyle played in five in a row, how is that possible. If Argyle played in five in a row that means You would have played Carthage in at least one of them and we know that did not happen. 

The only time Argyle beat Carthage was in an overtime game at Rose stadium. Carthage entire offensive line were sophomores. If I remember right it was 21 to 0 in the first quarter Carthage leading. 

Now I have always been an Argyle fan but Argyle has been beat by the same teams that Carthage beat to be the champs. 

Argonauts beat us in Mansfield and we beat them at Rose, but you are correct we had a nice lead and let it slip away. I believe that year Argyle had their best player ever who went to TTU and Ed Pope had that terrible personal foul called on him after a big hit caused an incompletion on 3rd and long for Argyle giving them an automatic first down. Had that flag not been thrown (and it shouldn’t have) Carthage would’ve won that game too. The call was taunting, terrible call.

6 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

Until Carthage gets knocked off they’re the best. Looks like they’ll be getting their 7th title in 11 years. 

We sure hope you’re right about Carthage winning its 7th title in 11 years. There’s a ton of football left to be played this season and lots of really good teams to beat to win that trophy!

5 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

They’re the champs till someone knocks them off. I like the fact they’ve had a couple of hard fought games where the starters had to go all out the entire game. Blowouts are terrible for a teams conditioning. All the guys your going to be counting on deep in the playoffs won’t be in game shape if they set the second half of every game. It’s also great they are challenged mentally before the playoffs. It’s good to have to come from behind or hold on to a small lead. That PG win to me is priceless. Your fellas benefited from that 10x more than if they had blown them out. 

I agree 100%! We need tough games and need the boys to struggle some, figure out how to deal with it and win. I said here on Smoaky after the PG win I thought there had to be true celebration in the locker room after the game, because they were on the ropes, taken to the brink and found a way to win; great game and experience for the Dawgs.

2 hours ago, regaleagle said:

Greatness 

7 hours ago, TCU44 said:

Greatness 

6-1 all time in state championship appearances versus 1-3 all time in state championship appearances. 

More titles won (6) than playoff game losses (5) since 2007.

Dawgs have been pretty great and we’ve been truly fortunate to be a part of it as fans supporting them along the way. 

Go Dawgs!!!!!!!

On 10/13/2018 at 3:06 PM, regaleagle said:

Against the competiton they faced......And don't forget about lowly Region 4 as your Semifinal opponent either.

Still beat the champ of region 1/2 in the Final. So we beat the best those regions had to offer. Your argument is dumb. We aren’t talking about finals appearances. We are talking about Championships.

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 12:37 PM, DawgNation2015 said:

I guess we will just have to keep playing and see how things shake out once pressure is applied.  LV already proved they can play with Argyle.  If they get another shot down the line they can win.

Agree completely, You have to remember that LV didn't even have their starting RB or DT, against argyle this year. It's a completely different game if he plays.  It would be like Carthage playing without Dixon this year, when 17 isn't in the game.  

• Like 1

On 10/13/2018 at 1:59 PM, regaleagle said:

I wonder what the coaches of Allen, Lake Travis, Westlake, Highland Park, and many others would think about that statement......

I'm pretty sure more than one of them have tried to hire Surratt in the last decade, so they must agree to some extent. jmho.