Worst undefeated team in 4A

TCU44

16 minutes ago, regaleagle said:

Try a few of these:  Sweeny(6-0), Jasper(6-0), Sealy(7-0), Canyon(7-0), Argyle(6-0), and Carthage(6-0).  

Now make your pick.

I know you're big on Canyon but that's who'll i'll pick now. They remind me of past Van teams. Jasper, Carthage and Argyle are the real deal.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 10/13/2018 at 3:30 PM, ctown81 said:

I know you're big on Canyon but that's who'll i'll pick now. They remind me of past Van teams. Jasper, Carthage and Argyle are the real deal.

I have no idea about these teams.  haven't been following them.  But based upon past years, I would certainly agree with your post.  For the most under ranked team, clearly it is Jasper.  AP still does not even have them in the top ten, while Campbell has them #1 in Division 2.  Don't know if it is true, but I read somewhere that MaxPrep has Jasper #2 in Division 2.  I saw Jasper play WOS.  Yes, Jasper is the real deal IMO.  I think Carthage and Argyle are both in Division 1?

On 10/13/2018 at 12:30 PM, TCU44 said:

What undefeated team in 4a is not near as good as there record says?

Carthage has struggled at times, usually in the rain with ball control... Maybe not “as good” as their record might indicate, but the “not near” portion of your comment is a stretch.

12 minutes ago, CarthDawg77 said:

Carthage has struggled at times, usually in the rain with ball control... Maybe not “as good” as their record might indicate, but the “not near” portion of your comment is a stretch.

Carthage has only put it together for 4 quarters a couple times this season. The team that played first half against CHill last night was not good. I know the rain was bad, but it didn’t affect the yellow dogs nearly as much. The first Fumble was a bad exchange, weather didn’t cause it.

4 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Carthage has only put it together for 4 quarters a couple times this season. The team that played first half against CHill last night was not good. I know the rain was bad, but it didn’t affect the yellow dogs nearly as much. The first Fumble was a bad exchange, weather didn’t cause it.

The first xp attempt failure was due to a poor (high) snap... also not due to the rain. The kicking game HAS been lackluster all year, however.

But the thing that impresses me the most, is Carthage can have a bad game and still find a way to win. You can hate their success all you want but you have to respect their success. In my opinion Carthage #1 Argyle #2 Liberty Hill #3 and this one may shock you but I have Paris in the number #4 spot. But most overrated, I can’t name one. They are all good teams that work their tails off every week. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 10/20/2018 at 4:39 PM, Skeptic said:

I have no idea about these teams.  haven't been following them.  But based upon past years, I would certainly agree with your post.  For the most under ranked team, clearly it is Jasper.  AP still does not even have them in the top ten, while Campbell has them #1 in Division 2.  Don't know if it is true, but I read somewhere that MaxPrep has Jasper #2 in Division 2.  I saw Jasper play WOS.  Yes, Jasper is the real deal IMO.  I think Carthage and Argyle are both in Division 1?

For what little it is worth, AP finally has picked up Jasper at 8-0 to enter the top 10 in the number 9 spot!  I guess better late than never.  This is meaningless for the actual games, and the playoffs, but it is still good for the kids to get some recognition for their hard work.

On 10/20/2018 at 10:34 PM, Argyle2014 said:

But the thing that impresses me the most, is Carthage can have a bad game and still find a way to win. You can hate their success all you want but you have to respect their success. In my opinion Carthage #1 Argyle #2 Liberty Hill #3 and this one may shock you but I have Paris in the number #4 spot. But most overrated, I can’t name one. They are all good teams that work their tails off every week. 

I appreciate your respect for Carthage but if i'm going to be totally honest based on how teams are playing CURRENTLY

1. Argyle

2. Liberty Hill

3a. Carthage

3b. Lavega

4. Paris