Pleasant Grove vs Gilmer

BIGTEX1972

40 minutes ago, CDAWG68 said:

PG by 21+. Gilmer is down this year, never thought I would witness what happened at the Carthage/Gilmer game.

Why do y’all keep saying that the same thing happened to y’all in 2014 sometimes u just go against a team that u don’t Match up well Agaisnt 

53 minutes ago, Sportsguru02 said:

Why do y’all keep saying that the same thing happened to y’all in 2014 sometimes u just go against a team that u don’t Match up well Agaisnt 

You are correct, Gilmer was loaded in 2014. I always look forward to the Gilmer games, very good games over the years. No disrespect intended. 

There some big "ifs" in this one.  "If" the Buckeyes come out with fire in their bellies, this will be a good game and they have a puncher's chance.  "If" not, PG will run away with it.  I'm hoping for the former.  I certainly think they're capable.  Playing well defensively and on special teams are big "ifs", too.  Our defensive coordinator needs to do his homework in this one and have our guys in position.  We'll see.

1 hour ago, blackflag79 said:

There some big "ifs" in this one.  "If" the Buckeyes come out with fire in their bellies, this will be a good game and they have a puncher's chance.  "If" not, PG will run away with it.  I'm hoping for the former.  I certainly think they're capable.  Playing well defensively and on special teams are big "ifs", too.  Our defensive coordinator needs to do his homework in this one and have our guys in position.  We'll see.

I watched Gilmer for the first time this year against SH, and was pretty much disappointed with the overall effort. I know Gilmer doesn't like to play in the rain, but they were very lackluster. The QB just seemed a little average to me. Couldn't really throw the deep ball (The two INT's were lobbed in the air & both intercepted by the shortest player on the field). I think part of the problem was he wasn't allowed (or can't) run. The offense seemed very cautious. He just stood in the pocket. Why not bring up the Freshman, at least he can throw AND run if needed? I don't think Gilmer is a "bad" team, they just seem to be playing a lot of young kids and trying to get through the season. I say bring up the Freshman QB and open that offense up! What do you have to lose?