Pleasant Grove vs Gilmer

BIGTEX1972

2 hours ago, blackflag79 said:

It's not Tea, it's Tra.null  Yes, the injury bug has hit us hard this season.  That doesn't excuse the fact that we haven't executed consistently in any facet of the game.  The talent level is not down that much.  It's the execution.  If we could clean up our game we can play with anybody, in my opinion.  We haven't shown that ability yet.  Hopefully, we can at least show up against a good PG team Friday.

I disagree, talent level is down quite a bit. That’s the reason there are so many sophomores and Freshmen playing.  No excuse for lack of discipline though 

15 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

It's not Tea, it's Tra.null  Yes, the injury bug has hit us hard this season.  That doesn't excuse the fact that we haven't executed consistently in any facet of the game.  The talent level is not down that much.  It's the execution.  If we could clean up our game we can play with anybody, in my opinion.  We haven't shown that ability yet.  Hopefully, we can at least show up against a good PG team Friday.

Are there rumblings of "change" needing to be made in Gilmer?

46 minutes ago, CallMeDaddy said:

I disagree, talent level is down quite a bit. That’s the reason there are so many sophomores and Jr’s playing.  No excuse for lack of discipline though 

PG only has 13 seniors.  We play a lot of sophmores & Juniors.

I don’t think Coach Gibson will overlook Gilmer even if they were playing all freshman. He prepares his team and tries to get them focused on assignments no matter who they are playing. 

If the boys are focused and don’t turn the ball over, based on common opponents PG should roll. 

1 hour ago, CallMeDaddy said:

I disagree, talent level is down quite a bit. That’s the reason there are so many sophomores and Jr’s playing.  No excuse for lack of discipline though 

Yes, talent level is down "some" compared to most years, but I've seen the Buckeyes play better with less talent than what they have now.  Experience at the varsity level is more of a problem than lack of talent.  The lack of discipline is on the coaches.  I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but that lack of experience is not as valid an excuse this late in the season.  In the past, the Buckeyes continued to get better as the season progressed.  Not so this season....yet.

2 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

Yes, talent level is down "some" compared to most years, but I've seen the Buckeyes play better with less talent than what they have now.  Experience at the varsity level is more of a problem than lack of talent.  The lack of discipline is on the coaches.  I'm not ready to throw in the towel yet, but that lack of experience is not as valid an excuse this late in the season.  In the past, the Buckeyes continued to get better as the season progressed.  Not so this season....yet.

Totally agree. I also think the Freshmen are playing because of the injury situation. I know that's the case with regards to the Freshman center. Look, Gilmer has played a crazy tough schedule with still the toughest portion of their district schedule remaining. I thought before the season they would be 5-2 at this point, but considering all the injuries and younger players with no varsity experience starting, I think they have done a pretty decent job. Friday will be tough no doubt, but you continue to play your schedule. If they need to bring up more players from the JV to fill some roles and get playing time, so be it. That's part of the game. If #7 would get healthy and play, that would be a big boost because he's their best overall player.

13 minutes ago, SHillBuckeye said:

Totally agree. I also think the Freshmen are playing because of the injury situation. I know that's the case with regards to the Freshman center. Look, Gilmer has played a crazy tough schedule with still the toughest portion of their district schedule remaining. I thought before the season they would be 5-2 at this point, but considering all the injuries and younger players with no varsity experience starting, I think they have done a pretty decent job. Friday will be tough no doubt, but you continue to play your schedule. If they need to bring up more players from the JV to fill some roles and get playing time, so be it. That's part of the game. If #7 would get healthy and play, that would be a big boost because he's their best overall player.

#7 is really chomping at the bit on the sideline.  He only got in on 3 plays Friday night.  Not sure how effective he can be on offense, with all the other injuries, but he plays DB as well and we all know we can use all the help and experience we can get on that side of the ball.

26 minutes ago, blackflag79 said:

I can agree with that. I agree those sophomores are talented just not as experienced and mature.

Well said 

1 minute ago, MoveTheChain said:

#7 is really chomping at the bit on the sideline.  He only got in on 3 plays Friday night.  Not sure how effective he can be on offense, with all the other injuries, but he plays DB as well and we all know we can use all the help and experience we can get on that side of the ball.

#7 is ready mentally. His injury just won’t get right and may not get right. Hate to see such a great athlete not get to get to play. Great kid great ball player 

On 10/16/2018 at 7:47 AM, CallMeDaddy said:

Gilmer will have  7 starters out!  Take it ez on us!

That's unfortunate these kids can't play, they work hard all year.  I'm having a hard time believing that Gilmer has 7 or close to 1/3 of their starters out this week. Our kids are preparing for a war.

1 hour ago, BIGTEX1972 said:

No fake news. Gilmer has been banged up all year. That is why so many young kids have been playing. We will give it all we got but the facts are we are dealing with a lot of injuries but that’s no excuse. The young kids must step up

I will believe they are banged up.....everybody is.  Won't believe 7 starters are out and the sky is falling.

Either way....Gilmer will show up big for this one.  It will be a good battle.

32 minutes ago, Hawk20 said:

I will believe they are banged up.....everybody is.  Won't believe 7 starters are out and the sky is falling.

Either way....Gilmer will show up big for this one.  It will be a good battle.

It won’t mayter either way. PG is focused and ready for Gilmer. 

Gilmer has owned PG for a while. They have played some close games but Gilmer is way ahead in wins vs PG. Given this history, I know that PG will not play down to the level that critics believe Gilmer to be. To win back to back in Gilmers house in District would not have even been thought of in the past +Decade. Lord knows Gilmer has done it to the grove routinely.