Garrison vs Beckville

Ilovefootball2

31 minutes ago, grinder said:

garrison junior high and jv moved to beckville thursday . junior high 1 game starting at 5 jv after

Do they think Beckville is going to be any dryer?  .... lol ...

Does Beckville have artificial turf? ....

Edited by KirtFalcon

42 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

Do they think Beckville is going to be any dryer?  .... lol ...

Does Beckville have artificial turf? ....

I’m guessing the Garrison coaches would rather not tear their field up any more than they have to. Yes, Beckville has had turf for about 8 years, and just replaced it last summer. 

52 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

I’m guessing the Garrison coaches would rather not tear their field up any more than they have to. Yes, Beckville has had turf for about 8 years, and just replaced it last summer. 

We haven't played on turf so far this year I don't believe ... I like muddy and sloppy games ...

1 minute ago, KirtFalcon said:

We haven't played on turf so far this year I don't believe ... I like muddy and sloppy games ...

Schools playing on turf this week are really helping their bands out. UIL Marching contest is Saturday at SFA. Some bands may not get in that last performance before they go to what is essentially their playoff. I have serious doubts about bands like ours, Timpson’s, Harleton and Tenaha even being able to march Friday. 

On 10/15/2018 at 11:00 AM, KirtFalcon said:

Has anyone else noticed the officials don't seem to be calling illegal motion on running backs taking a step forward before the snap this year?  I have see play after play in our games this season where one of the running backs is moving forward, sometimes a full step before the snap.  I have even seen a few times Garrison should have been flagged for this, but the referee doesn't seem to be paying attention to it at all ... just one of my pet peeves ...

Kinder softer gentler generation....don’t want to hurt anybody’s feelings now days 😒

1 hour ago, Ilovefootball2 said:

Sure wish Garrison had turf so the little dogs could play!!  oh well maybe one day the school board and the people that have a couple  acres of land will realize that’s what garrison needs!  And make the press box a little bigger 

Real men can play on grass or turf and aren't afraid to get down and dirty ....

Edited by KirtFalcon