Van @ Palestine

Vandalman

Van @ Palestine  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

Palestine played well, they beat a underfeated Crandall at that time who has Kennedale i believe in there District An still maybe has that only loss at that time. Palestine just couldn't get it together due from the Defense Henderson has, I seen that Henderson do have a lights out run Defense. If Van D. Just as good then Van wins easy but if Van D. Is lesser then Palestine can win. Crandall has a good defense but not a better run D. Then Hendo, has to look at that.

Well, this is two teams that under performed last week. Both trying to get back into the playoff picture needing a win. Cats are at home. I will take them in a close one. I can not imagine Palestine playing as flat as they did in Henderson this past week. I know it is early but this is the DOD and it is a must win for both teams.

5 hours ago, phswildcatsfan said:

Well, this is two teams that under performed last week. Both trying to get back into the playoff picture needing a win. Cats are at home. I will take them in a close one. I can not imagine Palestine playing as flat as they did in Henderson this past week. I know it is early but this is the DOD and it is a must win for both teams.

I agree, it is a must win for both. 

9 hours ago, phswildcatsfan said:

Palestine played good, it was Henderson defense had a lot to do with that, in my eyes Palestine didn't play flat.

9 hours ago, phswildcatsfan said:

If Palestine plays Van like the Crandall game, then they could pull it off are upset are whatever 

16 hours ago, phswildcatsfan said:

How can you play that flat coming off the win against Crandall and also being the first game in district play?  To me it makes zero sense. There is some major issues if you ask me.  Carthage is just good and can probably hang 60 on Palestine if they want.

Palestine lost their QB (a three year starter) to a knee injury and it totally changed the dynamic of the team.  He was the emotional leader and a game changer with his legs and the scheme of the offense changed dramatically by losing him.  His replacement hasn't started a game of that magnitude so he was a little shell shocked at the pressure that was being placed on him by a great Henderson defense.  Now I am with you all on the post that they were extremely flat and there is no excuse for that going into the first game of district!  Some adjustments will be made and they will go out there Friday and complete against Van to the best of the abilities! 

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 10/14/2018 at 2:38 PM, LionKing12172920 said:

Palestine played well, they beat a underfeated Crandall at that time who has Kennedale i believe in there District An still maybe has that only loss at that time. Palestine just couldn't get it together due from the Defense Henderson has, I seen that Henderson do have a lights out run Defense. If Van D. Just as good then Van wins easy but if Van D. Is lesser then Palestine can win. Crandall has a good defense but not a better run D. Then Hendo, has to look at that.

Van has a decent Defense against the run. If Pali can throw it well, they might pull off a win at home.

On 10/15/2018 at 4:25 PM, Vandalman said:

If my weather app sticks with the current forecast, it might be a cool wet night in Palestine Friday. Currently predicting a 70% chance of rain by kickoff with the temps in the 50's accompanied by a 5mph north breeze. Sounds nice lol.

Well, for now at least, it's getting slightly better. Currently saying 50% chance, temps in the upper 50's and only 2mph N breeze. 

Rain was obviously hindering both teams. More so for Van offense the first half. Did a good job adjusting the second half. Would've updated on here more but the rain was hindering the spectators too. Hard to hold umbrella and type one handed lol. Sure hope we all have dry Fridays the rest of the season...

1 minute ago, Vandalman said:

Rain was obviously hindering both teams. More so for Van offense the first half. Did a good job adjusting the second half. Would've updated on here more but the rain was hindering the spectators too. Hard to hold umbrella and type one handed lol. Sure hope we all have dry Fridays the rest of the season...

I think it’s been something like 5 of 8 weeks have had significant rain to deal with. I know of 1 team who has had either a delay of some kind or a wet track every week but week 1.

Just now, villagegenius said:

I think it’s been something like 5 of 8 weeks have had significant rain to deal with. I know of 1 team who has had either a delay of some kind or a wet track every week but week 1.

Yeah, just about the wettest season I can remember. At least we didn't have the lightning in Palestine tonight.