Week 9 John Tyler 🆚 McKinney North

cujoforlife

District 7 5a D1   

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

11 minutes ago, VonG said:

JT..... What can I say that hasn't been said about the defense. They just soft. 47 was dragging them all night. If it wasn't for that fumble they would have list.

true. I'm not letting the Def off the hook because they didn't play great in second half, but Off didn't do much in the second half to help them out either. Maybe some long drives, or another td or two, could have help the def out some. 

4 minutes ago, johntylerfan said:

JT will have to play better next week against Poteet to win district! SLOPPY 2nd HALF, but still a good win! JT is playoff bound!

maybe Poteet will have an off game and JT gets out of Mesquite with a win....lol.

I will point out that Street nor Warren played today, so that could explain why the Off struggled tonight.  Street should be back next week.

• Like 1

Just now, JTFAN99 said:

true. I'm not letting the Def off the hook because they didn't play great in second half, but Off didn't do much in the second half to help them out either. Maybe some long drives, or another td or two, could have help the def out some. 

JT just can't get out of JT's way. It seems as though the QB hasn't grasped the concept yet. I'm glad they have 4 quality running backs. 

1 minute ago, VonG said:

JT just can't get out of JT's way. It seems as though the QB hasn't grasped the concept yet. I'm glad they have 4 quality running backs. 

he threw a bad INT.  No sure what he saw on that, but no one was open. It was 3rd down, so I guess we could spin it and say it was like a long punt....lol

for some reason, I think they will be ready for Poteet or at least I hope.  Good news from tonight is that JT finally beat someone with a winning record this yr.

19 minutes ago, VonG said:

JT is a school known for having talent. I don't want to hear no excuses. It has always been next man up or am I'm tripping? 

I never been on the train of next man up, you could tell the passing game was severely impacted without your two best receivers out there. Not saying it would’ve helped them score but you could see with a blind eye the offense was compromised and limited by it. Sometimes you next man is not enough. 

• Like 1