NBA Regular Season 2018-19

MrBuddyGarrity

FINAL: Celtics 112, Nets 104

Boston sets a new season high with 16 blocked shots, including a season-best six from Al Horford. Jaylen Brown and Marcus Smart tie for the team high with 21 points apiece. Bounced back from the Warriors loss and have won 6 of their last 7 games. 

On 1/28/2019 at 6:39 AM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Anthony Davis has requested a trade and told the Pelicans he has no intention of signing an extension if offered, per @wojespn https://t.co/jyOyRD2B4n

https://amp.si.com/nba/2019/01/28/new-orleans-pelicans-anthony-davis-trade-request?__twitter_impression=true

The timing of this Anthony Davis news is not ideal for the Celtics. Pelicans don’t have to trade him now, of course. But the Celtics can’t acquire the superstar until this summer unless they move Kyrie Irving, and the point of landing Davis would be to pair him with Kyrie.

Lakers the likely destination. League wants the Lakers/Celtics rivalry back come playoff time so it makes sense. 

lord, I would so love for the Dallas Mavs to get involved in this somehow...I know it won't happen (Dennis Smith Jr. plus whatever and some draft picks of some future type I'm sure won't cut it). 

50 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

The Pelicans need to wait until the summer. They can get better stuff from Boston than they can from the Lakers.

Yup. And Ainge is willing to give, he loves AD. But AD is not going to sign long term so I would be surprised if it happened. 

3 minutes ago, lion70 said:

23-27 Mavs are currently in 12th place anyone expecting a playoff push? 

How many games back are they from the 8th seed & who is the current 8th seed?  Without looking at their schedule from after all-star break to the end of the season I have to say no. 

• Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

They shouldn’t try to make a push. 

I think they use this season to let Porzingas and Doncic mesh.  But they also want them both healthy next season when they try to make a few good FA signings.  

Kyrie to NY in the next few days?

The power structure in Western Conference is going to be much different next year. I don't think NY makes that trade if they didn't feel super confident about Durant this offseason...I mean they sold off easily their best player for pennies on the dollar. 

1 hour ago, topher805 said:

The power structure in Western Conference is going to be much different next year. I don't think NY makes that trade if they didn't feel super confident about Durant this offseason...I mean they sold off easily their best player for pennies on the dollar. 

You heard what Kyrie said today? It makes me think he's gone unless we get to the Finals. 

16 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

You heard what Kyrie said today? It makes me think he's gone unless we get to the Finals. 

I don't understand the kid. Amazing setup in Boston for long term success and he wants to bolt for NY and play for the worst owner in the NBA? Bill Simmons (Rightfully) skewered Kyrie on Twitter earlier...

13 minutes ago, topher805 said:

I don't understand the kid. Amazing setup in Boston for long term success and he wants to bolt for NY and play for the worst owner in the NBA? Bill Simmons (Rightfully) skewered Kyrie on Twitter earlier...

At this point im over it, if he stays then cool, if he leaves we have Rozier still. 

The media has made a mess of the situation ever since AD and his agent did what they did beginning of the week. 

27 minutes ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

At this point im over it, if he stays then cool, if he leaves we have Rozier still. 

The media has made a mess of the situation ever since AD and his agent did what they did beginning of the week. 

Gotta love ESPN..."The Worldwide Leader"

2 hours ago, topher805 said:

Would NY still want him after getting DSJ though? I mean Kyrie is the better player, but DSJ could be the guy you build around for years to come

26 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

Would NY still want him after getting DSJ though? I mean Kyrie is the better player, but DSJ could be the guy you build around for years to come

Porzingas was a guy they could build around for years to come. The whole trade has blown my mind. I think they honestly believe KD is theirs to lose. 

IF they tank...This could be their roster for next season...KD, Zion, Kyrie, DSJ, and DeAndre Jordan (If he isnt traded to Houston)

Not to mention guys like Wesley Matthews, Mitchell Robinson, and Frank Ntilikina coming off the bench