NBA Regular Season 2018-19

MrBuddyGarrity

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Big news from the G League. President Malcolm Turner tells ESPN they are implementing a “professional path” for would-be one and done players. They're offering $125k contracts, as well as access to NBA infrastructure and development tools. ESPN News Story: https://t.co/pjsJgt4GSE

I'd take the $80-90k from Kansas, Arizona, or whatever other college that is tax free over the $125k to play in the G-League with no visibility...

"I worked my whole life to get out of there, and I was back. Just … trapped. Carrying my gun with me everywhere. Couldn’t sleep. Couldn’t escape my own head. Couldn’t find any peace."

Darius Miles' story on The @PlayersTribune is a must read: https://t.co/6hLY7YkGvi https://t.co/VTMUZkRYFs

Wow!! 

20 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

"I worked my whole life to get out of there, and I was back. Just … trapped. Carrying my gun with me everywhere. Couldn’t sleep. Couldn’t escape my own head. Couldn’t find any peace."

Darius Miles' story on The @PlayersTribune is a must read: https://t.co/6hLY7YkGvi https://t.co/VTMUZkRYFs

Wow!! 

Read that yesterday. A really good read. 

A lot of stuff on the Players Tribune has come out outstanding.

• Like 1

My thoughts on the Mavs after 6 games:  

1.  They def hit a homerun in the draft. 
2.  They made massive improvements in the off-season, yet...
3.   They still may not even be a legit #8 team in the west this year.

Defense seems to be a thing of the past and if they Mavs continue to have games where they jack up 30 3s and only hit 20% of them, we are going to have a long season.

Doncic may be a rookie all-star selection...

• Like 1

On 10/25/2018 at 11:36 PM, MrBuddyGarrity said:

C's win a close one versus OKC tonight, going off behind the arc 2nd half. 

Anyone hear about Morey trying to get Jimmy Butler again and what he's willing to give up to get him?? 

It sounds like a Tillman Fertitta move, not a Morey move...Waaay too much to give up...

On ‎10‎/‎27‎/‎2018 at 9:26 AM, MavGrad99 said:

My thoughts on the Mavs after 6 games:  

1.  They def hit a homerun in the draft. 
2.  They made massive improvements in the off-season, yet...
3.   They still may not even be a legit #8 team in the west this year.

Defense seems to be a thing of the past and if they Mavs continue to have games where they jack up 30 3s and only hit 20% of them, we are going to have a long season.

Doncic may be a rookie all-star selection...

Defense is pretty much non-existent in the NBA. Just look at the scores. Heck, the Warriors dropped 90+ in the first half.

The Mavs have really improved by adding Doncic and Jordan. Sadly, the super teams are just too much for them. It's hard for me to fully invest in the Mavs because I know they won't go anywhere in the playoffs, even if they make it.

• 2 weeks later...

Mavs are definitely fun to watch and when they are playing at home, every team has to watch out at this point. Luka makes such a difference on the team. They keep saying Dirk will be back in the next week. I'm worried that he will not help things...where the heck is he gonna fit in the mix for 20 or so minutes a game? He won't hustle and fly up the floor with that 2nd team. Who are you taking off the starters - Luka, Barnes? They'd have to be out of their mind. If I took those 2nd string guys on an individual basis, then yes Dirk is head and shoulders better but for what those guys bring to the group then unless he replaces Finney-Smith in both places (when he starts, which infuriates me...or on 2nd string...I just don't like the way Finney-Smith plays --> I don't think he brings much to the table).

4 hours ago, CoachPelvisPresley said:

Mavs are definitely fun to watch and when they are playing at home, every team has to watch out at this point. Luka makes such a difference on the team. They keep saying Dirk will be back in the next week. I'm worried that he will not help things...where the heck is he gonna fit in the mix for 20 or so minutes a game? He won't hustle and fly up the floor with that 2nd team. Who are you taking off the starters - Luka, Barnes? They'd have to be out of their mind. If I took those 2nd string guys on an individual basis, then yes Dirk is head and shoulders better but for what those guys bring to the group then unless he replaces Finney-Smith in both places (when he starts, which infuriates me...or on 2nd string...I just don't like the way Finney-Smith plays --> I don't think he brings much to the table).

Mavericks insiders are saying that he will play very limited minutes be savior mode... a big to stretch the floor and make some big shots.  They don't want him to be a superstar anymore, but they still want him to be a part of what is happening over the next 2 seasons.