MavGrad's NCAA Week 8 Preview (2018)

Coach Rab

Best Defense in the NCAA this year?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Which Team has the best Defense this year?

• Alabama
    • Texas
    • LSU
    • Clemson
    • Miami
    • Michigan
    • Georgia
    • Oklahoma
    • Texas A&M

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/21/2018 at 04:59 AM

1 hour ago, AKA said:

I honestly have no idea. Real talk. I'm not poor mouthing. I really and truly have no idea how to call this one. 

Mike is gone (praise Jeezus) but I have no idea what that means for us.

Is it a good thing? I hope so. I mean, c'mon, it couldn't be worse right?  <gulp>  R-r-right?

Well Texas and Texas Tech held TCU under 20 points, so if Oklahoma can hold them under 30 I will call it a good day lol.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Well Texas and Texas Tech held TCU under 20 points, so if Oklahoma can hold them under 30 I will call it a good day lol.

TCU's QB held the frogs under 20 points and probably gave Texas at least 10...

• Thanks 2

37 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

TCU's QB held the frogs under 20 points and probably gave Texas at least 10...

Zing!

22 minutes ago, Valhalla said:

Well the normal trend would be that he has the best game of his life against Oklahoma.

U5R0gPU.gif

3 hours ago, TxFight said:

Oh i'm with you. The article I was reading was praising Jimbo's temp and how it has helped the offense. Complimenting him on doing exactly what he needed to do with an undermanned roster (for his style); controlling the time of possession and the ball and limiting how many snaps the defense had to play. If the ratio holds out the rest of the year...the defense will have played basically 3 entire games worth of snaps less than last years unit.

I’ve read the same article. That to me speaks a lot of just how bad A&Ms defense was before also. This entire team is just different. Even if they lose 2 or 3 more games and only win 7 or 8 games, it’s easy to see when you watch just how far this team has come. The stats are one thing, the eyeball test is another. Especially on defense... 

1 hour ago, Lobo97 said:

I think Clemson is on big time upset alert this week. I'm taking Clemson in our pickem, because it's the safer pick, but I will not be surprised at all to see NC State with the upset this week.

I think Clemson has survived its upset weeks already. But I do think this will be a close game with NC state. 

25 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’ve read the same article. That to me speaks a lot of just how bad A&Ms defense was before also. This entire team is just different. Even if they lose 2 or 3 more games and only win 7 or 8 games, it’s easy to see when you watch just how far this team has come. The stats are one thing, the eyeball test is another. Especially on defense... 

There is no doubt that Fisher is doing a very good job coaching this team. 

5 hours ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

LSU will emerge Saturday night from the Tiger Stadium chute in specially designed uniforms that salute the past and pay homage to heroes. #LSU125 https://t.co/GA8L5HSVsf

Uniforms designed for the future that pay respect to the past. #LSU125 https://t.co/qmOmdRPlAF

Nice, the story behind the uniforms is awesome. 

21 hours ago, JustAFan11 said:

Looking at Bamas schedule It’s very similar to what Washington has played. 

Right now Bamas best wins is vs 5-2 ATM and 5-2 Ole Miss.  Other than that it’s 1-6 Arkansas, 2-5 Louisville, 2-4 ULL, 3-3 Missouri, 3-3 Arkansas State. 

I don't disagree, but I don't think Peterson has any right to criticize Bama's schedule when they play basically the same competition.

Tua has left 3 straight games shaken up... Does Bama let him sit some and make sure he’s good to go for the playoffs? Or will saban keep playing in with 30 point leads taking shots like he did today? Guy might win the heisman averaging only a half of football per game? 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, WETSU said:

Tua has left 3 straight games shaken up... Does Bama let him sit some and make sure he’s good to go for the playoffs? Or will saban keep playing in with 30 point leads taking shots like he did today? Guy might win the heisman averaging only a half of football per game? 

I didn't think he was gonna get up from the hit he took on the last TD throw, he got rocked. 

18 minutes ago, WETSU said:

I’m still at a loss how this is the same LSU team that beat Georgia... 

Next weeks A&M vs Miss St game might be a 7-6 game. I don’t see either team doing much of anything. 

I don’t know, but they need to find that magic one more time next week.