Who can I watch?

Destry

1 hour ago, playactionpass39 said:

If the Spread is not "Smash Mouth" football then neither is the Triple Option!!!

Smash Mouth football is "Power, Counter and Buck," regardless of what formation you line up in.

In my humble opinion.

Triple option is a play that can be run out of various formations.  Flex-bone is a formation & if you look at the midline plays in the flex-bone (along with other formations), you would definitely state that it is smash mouth in my opinion.  My two cents of course.

20 minutes ago, PGHawkfan said:

Triple option is a play that can be run out of various formations.  Flex-bone is a formation & if you look at the midline plays in the flex-bone (along with other formations), you would definitely state that it is smash mouth in my opinion.  My two cents of course.

Not trying to start an argument, that is for sure.

But, mid-line (which can also be run out of a variety of formations, including spread+Pistol) is still a read option play.

Yes, mid-line is slightly more down hill than zone read, and the QB run option is basically ISO, which makes it a little more "down hill" but it is not Power, Counter or Buck.

34 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

Not trying to start an argument, that is for sure.

But, mid-line (which can also be run out of a variety of formations, including spread+Pistol) is still a read option play.

Yes, mid-line is slightly more down hill than zone read, and the QB run option is basically ISO, which makes it a little more "down hill" but it is not Power, Counter or Buck.

I get where you are coming from. Yes Midline is an option but; it hits quick (which makes it somewhat deceptive) & can be considered power as well.  Good discussion on this one.

7 minutes ago, PGHawkfan said:

I get where you are coming from. Yes Midline is an option but; it hits quick (which makes it somewhat deceptive) & can be considered power as well.  Good discussion on this one.

I love mid-line. If you have a physical QB then it is a great play. It can be run from the Bone (any bone), I formation, Pistol or any formation with a RB directly behind the QB. 

I just laugh at those people who don't think you can be a "down hill" or "smash moth" running team from a spread formation. As long as you have an H-Back, FB or a TE then you can do it all.

13 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I love mid-line. If you have a physical QB then it is a great play. It can be run from the Bone (any bone), I formation, Pistol or any formation with a RB directly behind the QB. 

I just laugh at those people who don't think you can be a "down hill" or "smash moth" running team from a spread formation. As long as you have an H-Back, FB or a TE then you can do it all.

Would you consider La Vega smash mouth? 

18 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

2 minutes ago, playactionpass39 said:

I would consider La Vega VERY PHYSICAL!!

Key example to prove your point.  

You guys are hilarious! How quickly things can get off track! For real though, you guys can teach me a lot about formations and all that stuff. I don't know all of them, and not going to pretend I do. I just love watching the games! All the poor guy wants to know is where to see some good old fashion football tomorrow night!😛

12 hours ago, Anxiety said:

You guys are hilarious! How quickly things can get off track! For real though, you guys can teach me a lot about formations and all that stuff. I don't know all of them, and not going to pretend I do. I just love watching the games! All the poor guy wants to know is where to see some good old fashion football tomorrow night!😛

Sorry the ADD kicks in sometime.