Kilgore @ Van

Vandalman

Kilgore @ Van  

48 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

I think the rain made Kilgore pass shy last night. Witt threw the ball 13 times, but most of those were late in the game. They have been throwing a little more than last year. At their current pace, they should pass last year's total passes attempted (including playoff games) late in the game Van game or early against Palestine. Drier weather should = more passing from Kilgore.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KildogDad said:

I think the rain made Kilgore pass shy last night. Witt threw the ball 13 times, but most of those were late in the game. They have been throwing a little more than last year. At their current pace, they should pass last year's total passes attempted (including playoff games) late in the game Van game or early against Palestine. Drier weather should = more passing from Kilgore.

It didn’t phase Chill last night... They completed more passes than Carthage...

I think Van should win this but every team in this district is good when you compare  to a lot of other districts, so anything could happen. Van had better be prepared and not come out flat like the offense did last night. We seem to be notorious for slow starts. Of course the rain can take some of the credit yesterday because it was obvious Pali was struggling some early on also, just not as much. Van pulled it together in the second half and I'm hoping figured a couple things out for this game. Also hoping for dry weather the next few Fridays. Van has a good defense and the offense can put up some points through the air and on the ground when they're firing on all cylinders. Hard to really predict some of these games. It's been so long since some of these teams have played each other it's hard to know how they'll match up. 

High-scoring game definitely favors the Vandals.

If there are any stops to pull for Kilgore, this is the game to do it. The Bulldogs are averaging around 12 passing attempts a game, I'm hoping to see them put it in the air at least 15 times to keep the Vandal defense guessing.

Looks like a great night for football weather-wise, though.

I say it could go either way but hasn't seen the Vandals but heard they have a good Defense, if Kilgore can stop there air attack and less turn overs then could have a game, just interesting to see how good of a defense Van has?? Or we looking at a Van team looks identical to Henderson are what.

1 hour ago, LionKing12172920 said:

I say it could go either way but hasn't seen the Vandals but heard they have a good Defense, if Kilgore can stop there air attack and less turn overs then could have a game, just interesting to see how good of a defense Van has?? Or we looking at a Van team looks identical to Henderson are what.

I agree and who knows? Kind of a mystery how Van matches up with Kilgore, Chill and Henderson. It's been a long time since we've played each other. Just watching video I like our chances. I'm thinking Henderson will be the next biggest hurdle for Van.

13 minutes ago, Vandalman said:

I agree and who knows? Kind of a mystery how Van matches up with Kilgore, Chill and Henderson. It's been a long time since we've played each other. Just watching video I like our chances. I'm thinking Henderson will be the next biggest hurdle for Van.

Henderson would be Van toughest assignment as well as Carthage y'all already faced. But if Van D. Can stop Kilgore option runs then Van could blow Kilgore out, but if Van can't stop Kilgore run game it will be tough. Better beat Kilgore while they down, next year and two they will be tough again, there jv and 8th grade class or really good, so take advantage as you can, word of advise lol 😂 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WhoamI97539 said:

Well Kilgore high school has cancelled school today and I don't know about tomorrow yet. There were some serious threats towards students 

I hadn't considered how that would affect football. Are 9th and JV still playing tonight?