Week Nine: North Mesquite at Longview

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (7-0, 3-0) vs North Mesquite Stallions (3-3, 1-2)  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • North Mesquite in a close one
    • North Mesquite in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2018 at 12:30 AM

13 hours ago, gtee2 said:

I thought you liked North🤔

North what? North Longview......North Carolina......North Dakota........Northern lights.......North Pole? I like all those things! 

I never like North Mesquite and I seriously adamantly dislike North Tyler! Don't get it twisted!

Go Lobos!

• LOL! 1

1 hour ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

North what? North Longview......North Carolina......North Dakota........Northern lights.......North Pole? I like all those things! 

I never like North Mesquite and I seriously adamantly dislike North Tyler! Don't get it twisted!

Go Lobos!

Liess lol. 

• LOL! 1

15 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Hopefully Longview not rusty guess since they were in old 5a with hallsville, pine Tree, Marshall ect , I haven't seen this easier of a District in a long time . I hope they give the lobos some work .

It'll be over in first quarter.. King will finish with about 350 thru the air and run one in just because he can.. Lol 

35 minutes ago, Hlion said:

Hopefully Longview not rusty guess since they were in old 5a with hallsville, pine Tree, Marshall ect , I haven't seen this easier of a District in a long time . I hope they give the lobos some work .

I mean, it’s improved from last year.

Every single team other than Rockwall and Horn was beyond awful last season. This year, we have one really good opponent in Rockwall then two or three decent teams followed up by horrible teams at the bottom. Is what it is though. Lobos just have to keep improving as much as they can.

Longview controls it's own destiny.  I know any team can get beat on any given night, that's been proven to us way tooooooo many times.  That being said, Longview can beat anybody if we don't beat ourselves.  The comment from TFF,(Horn won district and look where it got them) can be said for a lot of teams every year in all divisions. If we play to our potential, limit turnovers and in-opportune penalties, we can beat ANYBODY!!!  Everybody knew this year's team had potential several years ago, but with Haynes driving the boat a SHIP might be in the near future!!  IF, IF  we- the Lobos don't let it go to their heads and play with a purpose like they did against Horn.    GO LOBOS beat North!!!!!  P.S. I will love the Lobos up to the day I leave this would, championship or no championship.  Love my Lobos!!!!!

• Like 6

There were a couple people asking about where King and Perry stood amongst East Texas leaders...

King sits 3rd in yards (1,800) and 2nd in TD passes (21). Marshall's JJ Green leads with 23 TD passes. Sumrow from White Oak leads in passing with 1,891. Both of those guys have quite a few more passing attempts than King.

In Sumrow's case, he's at 247 attempts while King is at 139. (Green is at 162). Even 2nd place in passing yards (Herrington from Whitehouse) has 190 attempts. Pretty impressive from King.

For Perry, he sits in 5th at receptions (42 for Perry while leader has 50). BUT, Perry is first in yardage (878). He sits 2nd in touchdown receptions (10 for Perry to 11 for Robinson from Van who is also reception leader). Perry is 56 yards ahead of 2nd place Robison.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

King gonna surpass Bivins Caraway single season passing record before regular season is even over. He'll probably pass his season total for last year this week.

Perry gonna get to 1,000 possibly this week. Having seen North Mesquite this year, they don't have DB that can come close to covering him. 

Running game effective as always, and it'll be even harder to stop once Meredith is really unleashed. 

We're truly witnessing history offensively folks...something I saw happening a while ago.

Defense has switched to a more complexed 3-4/3-3 scheme instead of the 4-2-5 and we've been better on that side of the ball ever since. We finally have a kicker who isn't just good a kickoffs and punts..hopefully that continues. Fun times.

21 minutes ago, ANTI said:

King gonna surpass Bivins Caraway single season passing record before regular season is even over. He'll probably pass his season total for last year this week.

Perry gonna get to 1,000 possibly this week. Having seen North Mesquite this year, they don't have DB that can come close to covering him. 

King would have to have to a near 500 yard day to surpass his total from last year. But he is just 622 yards from BREAKING the passing record. 

Perry is 118 yards from breaking the record for receiving yards in a season.

7 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

King would have to have to a near 500 yard day to surpass his total from last year. But he is just 622 yards from BREAKING the passing record. 

Perry is 118 yards from breaking the record for receiving yards in a season.

I thought he had 2107 passing yards last year? He's at 1800 now.

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Running game effective as always, and it'll be even harder to stop once Meredith is really unleashed. 

We're truly witnessing history offensively folks...something I saw happening a while ago.

Defense has switched to a more complexed 3-4/3-3 scheme instead of the 4-2-5 and we've been better on that side of the ball ever since. We finally have a kicker who isn't just good a kickoffs and punts..hopefully that continues. Fun times.

I like the sophmore better than the senior starter...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gtee2 said:

I like the sophmore better than the senior starter...

Two different running styles but yeah, Meredith is the man. 

Meredith is a homerun threat any given play and is getting better which is scary. Williams is good in the sense that he can make something out of nothing. 

• Like 1