Jax vs Hallsville

Jets

I honestly don’t know who to pick in this game. 

Hallsville had flashes of brilliance offensively. But mostly against our bench. They didn’t do much against the starters.   They are pretty much a one trick pony. 

Jacksonville... I’ve seen twice.  Their offense was gifted a lot of really good field position Vs Nac and really didn’t need a ton of offense to stay in that game. 

Then they exploded Vs PT.  

Their offensive ineptitude last week was a little shocking.   Especially after how they performed Vs PT.  Granted the rain made for miserable conditions.  But I expected a much closer and copetitive game. 

If the PT version of Jax shows up... Indians win easy.  If the Marshall version shows up... Hallsville wins. 

Helter skelter. 

On 10/24/2018 at 12:39 PM, Mavchamp said:

I honestly don’t know who to pick in this game. 

Hallsville had flashes of brilliance offensively. But mostly against our bench. They didn’t do much against the starters.   They are pretty much a one trick pony. 

Jacksonville... I’ve seen twice.  Their offense was gifted a lot of really good field position Vs Nac and really didn’t need a ton of offense to stay in that game. 

Then they exploded Vs PT.  

Their offensive ineptitude last week was a little shocking.   Especially after how they performed Vs PT.  Granted the rain made for miserable conditions.  But I expected a much closer and copetitive game. 

If the PT version of Jax shows up... Indians win easy.  If the Marshall version shows up... Hallsville wins. 

Helter skelter. 

Marshall was the reason for a lot of that last week. Bull rushed us continually. I thought our defense played well given the field position they were put in. 

We got beat by the same rushing play more than 90% of the time. I'm not sure how many yards qb and rb  had. I bet over 300. Mccuin didn't touch the ball more than 5 times. He took one to the house. His dad was not happy at all. 

Matt gives us the sideline view

15 hours ago, Cat51993 said:

We got beat by the same rushing play more than 90% of the time. I'm not sure how many yards qb and rb  had. I bet over 300. Mccuin didn't touch the ball more than 5 times. He took one to the house. His dad was not happy at all. 

Matt gives us the sideline view

Pathetic

3 hours ago, Cat51993 said:

Not a football coach but if I was Mccuin would touch the 20 to 30 times a game. But he could still be tender to his last injury don't know. Coach cant tackle either for players. Put the best we had on line with not much improvement.  

In a must win game hes got to get the ball a ton. Jax should have easily made the playoffs in this district,  somethings wrong in Jax. 

We are a playoff team. See if the players won't it. I saw 1 player finally last week step up in the 4th at lb. Unless you're not real savvy you had to know the play. To me that is not coaching that is not having pride as a player.  After 40 times you know it's coming. 

9 minutes ago, Cat51993 said:

We are a playoff team. See if the players won't it. I saw 1 player finally last week step up in the 4th at lb. Unless you're not real savvy you had to know the play. To me that is not coaching that is not having pride as a player.  After 40 times you know it's coming. 

Time for a coaching change,  this is Colemans 4th yr and he just isnt getting it done

6 drops, 1 drop, wide open, would have tied it at 37, missed tackles, players in position, just not making plays. Players make plays, not coaches. 

Yes, I am up close as you can get, right on the field. Im not blind. But I’ve never seen a coach tackle, catch a pass, or block. That’s what beat us, not McCuin not getting the ball. He had 9 touches btw, yes, wish he would have had more. You know he plays defense the whole time, right? We aren’t WH or Marshall or Nac with 45-50 players. We play at least 7-8 players both ways for 60-65 Snaps.

Hallsville had 1-2. Marshall? I didn’t see any, maybe 1. We have lost several games in the 4th quarter. We need MORE players. Any ideas on how to get more out so we don’t have 25 on the 9th grade and JV? This problem started 10 years ago and it’s getting worse. Ask Mt Pleasant. Lindale has less population than Jax — they don’t have that problem you say? Different demographic!! There, I said it, OK? 

Not making excuses. We should have won. Coaches can only put players in position.... and if they don’t execute, you don’t win. Bill Belechick knows that. Nick Saban knows that. 

A coaching change will not fix our issues. I know our issues and I really can’t discuss them here. 

Coleman knows what he’s doing. So do the Canady’s. You think they came from Gilmer where they won state championships and suddenly can’t coach? Really? 

I know y’all are frustrated. I get it. So am I. I do expect us to bring it these last two games. We made too many mistakes against Hallsville. 

Same ol’, same ol’ —- players don’t make plays, people blame coaches. It’s sports. It happens at all levels. 

13 hours ago, Matt said:

6 drops, 1 drop, wide open, would have tied it at 37, missed tackles, players in position, just not making plays. Players make plays, not coaches. 

Yes, I am up close as you can get, right on the field. Im not blind. But I’ve never seen a coach tackle, catch a pass, or block. That’s what beat us, not McCuin not getting the ball. He had 9 touches btw, yes, wish he would have had more. You know he plays defense the whole time, right? We aren’t WH or Marshall or Nac with 45-50 players. We play at least 7-8 players both ways for 60-65 Snaps.

Hallsville had 1-2. Marshall? I didn’t see any, maybe 1. We have lost several games in the 4th quarter. We need MORE players. Any ideas on how to get more out so we don’t have 25 on the 9th grade and JV? This problem started 10 years ago and it’s getting worse. Ask Mt Pleasant. Lindale has less population than Jax — they don’t have that problem you say? Different demographic!! There, I said it, OK? 

Not making excuses. We should have won. Coaches can only put players in position.... and if they don’t execute, you don’t win. Bill Belechick knows that. Nick Saban knows that. 

A coaching change will not fix our issues. I know our issues and I really can’t discuss them here. 

Coleman knows what he’s doing. So do the Canady’s. You think they came from Gilmer where they won state championships and suddenly can’t coach? Really? 

I know y’all are frustrated. I get it. So am I. I do expect us to bring it these last two games. We made too many mistakes against Hallsville. 

Same ol’, same ol’ —- players don’t make plays, people blame coaches. It’s sports. It happens at all levels. 

Coleman was a great hire,  just hasnt worked out,  it happens,  time to move on

I gotta be careful how I word this.... or else it's going to open a can of worms......

TBH..... Demographics are changing in most of East Texas' largest schools.  Outside of the "white flight" schools...... the Hispanic population is out growing the pace of the black and white students at 5A/6A schools.

Some of those demographics have really hurt some of the school's football programs.  I don't think anyone would deny it's effect on Mount Pleasant.  Maybe Jacksonville is suffering a similar fate thus far.

But other programs have done better of inclusion of the Hispanic students into football.  In spite of what some people want to believe.... Hispanic CAN and DO become good football players.  It's ridiculous to think otherwise IMHO.

Longview, Marshall, Lufkin, John Tyler..... have all done good jobs of making sure Hispanic participation in football is a priority.   All of them have sent Hispanic students to the next level. 

Communities, coaches, administrations of schools.... that ignore or underserve the Hispanic populations participation in football will suffer.  It's a fact. 

It would be wise for the pee wee, city league, junior high, etc football coaches of Jacksonville to start hustling the Hispanic athletes   in their town instead of just letting them drift to soccer and baseball. 

It's a disservice to all to allow that to happen.

JMHO 

34 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

I gotta be careful how I word this.... or else it's going to open a can of worms......

TBH..... Demographics are changing in most of East Texas' largest schools.  Outside of the "white flight" schools...... the Hispanic population is out growing the pace of the black and white students at 5A/6A schools.

Some of those demographics have really hurt some of the school's football programs.  I don't think anyone would deny it's effect on Mount Pleasant.  Maybe Jacksonville is suffering a similar fate thus far.

But other programs have done better of inclusion of the Hispanic students into football.  In spite of what some people want to believe.... Hispanic CAN and DO become good football players.  It's ridiculous to think otherwise IMHO.

Longview, Marshall, Lufkin, John Tyler..... have all done good jobs of making sure Hispanic participation in football is a priority.   All of them have sent Hispanic students to the next level. 

Communities, coaches, administrations of schools.... that ignore or underserve the Hispanic populations participation in football will suffer.  It's a fact. 

It would be wise for the pee wee, city league, junior high, etc football coaches of Jacksonville to start hustling the Hispanic athletes   in their town instead of just letting them drift to soccer and baseball. 

It's a disservice to all to allow that to happen.

JNHO

I disagree, fact is,  not many hispanics playing college ball,  much less nfl

2 minutes ago, Jets said:

I disagree, fact is,  not many hispanics playing college ball,  much less nfl

Because they aren’t being courted to play as pee wee players.  You can’t wait till junior high to get them started in the sport.  It’s too late by then in some cases.  

Start them when they are 6 years old like the black and white populations... and those Hispanic participation numbers will increase. 

I’d like to see the numbers.  

Hispanic kids are participating in football in Longview, Marshall, JT, Lufkin.  

Ignoring the fastest growing demographic of male students in your school is a sure fire way to bury a program.  

Jmho  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Mavchamp said:

Because they aren’t being courted to play as pee wee players.  You can’t wait till junior high to get them started in the sport.  It’s too late by then in some cases.  

Start them when they are 6 years old like the black and white populations... and those Hispanic participation numbers will increase. 

I’d like to see the numbers.  

Hispanic kids are participating in football in Longview, Marshall, JT, Lufkin.  

Ignoring the fastest growing demographic of male students in your school is a sure fire way to bury a program.  

Jmho  

JT don't have that many Hispanics in football. 100% of the time the one's who do play are the kicker, punter, and a couple who play on the o line. The only reason JT is not like Mt. Pleasant or Jacksonville is because they still have tier 1 talent. If it wasn't for that, they'll be just like the rest of the schools who are going through the same thing.