• Clemson
    • Michigan
    • Texas
    • Georgia
    • Florida
    • Oklahoma
    • Central Florida

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/27/2018 at 04:00 PM

Kansas used to be a team where you didn't even have to practice the week before and you still would win playing blindfolded. They aren't like that anymore. They aren't good, but if you sleep on them they will give you a good test if you're not careful. TCU had a rough week, that goes for outside of football as well. I feel bad for that fan base a little bit. The Mrs. Is a tcu grad so we try to make it to some games. This year has not been fun to say the least  

1 hour ago, trueblue82 said:

For some reason I thought of Mav when I saw this. 

"Oh come one guys, none of us are gonna be playing in the Birmingham Bowl this season!" 

:lol: Literally LOL'd. That's awesome. 

Breaking: The Maryland Board of Regents recommends that Maryland retain football coach DJ Durkin and AD Damon Evans following an investigation, sources tell ESPN. https://t.co/wf72w7VoPz https://t.co/jv7VpnWlso

Rutgers football player charged in attempted double-murder plot https://t.co/ng3oXybJKp

Wow! Big Ten doesn't shy away from being in the news. 

On 10/24/2018 at 4:39 PM, MavGrad99 said:

It's raining in Mineral Wells today so I had time to look at the teams and come up with my own top 10:

1. Alabama-  to date, its a no brainer.  I've heard the arguments about their weaker schedule than the ones below them, but the facts of this story is that they haven't just been winning, they've been destroying teams.

2. Notre Dame- just to clarify... my poll is based on the most deserving to date.  Notre Dame has knocked off a surging Michigan team, a solid Stanford team, and a good to above average Virginia Tech team.  I am not sure this position will hold for me, but as of right now they are worthy of it.

3. Clemson- they are undefeated with 2 ranked wins.  Unfortunately for them, their schedule and conference is pretty weak.  They can't help that, but it is what it is.

4. LSU- We've discussed it before.  LSU's loss was a bad loss in my mind... I don't think Florida is that wonderful.  But they have possibly the best looking wins in the NCAA so far this year.  With Alabama looming in 2 weeks

5. Texas- Also shouldn't be a surprise if I am rewarding wins right?  Big wins over OU, TCU, and USC (no matter how down those teams are) lands them at a shaky #5 ranking.

6. Florida- This one would shock some folks since I am so down on them... but they beat LSU and they have beaten Mississippi State (who has now been exposed twice by good defenses).  Those 2 wins are better than some of the more talented teams, and their only loss is to 1 loss Kentucky.

7. Michigan- wins over Wisconsin and Michigan State with possibly the best loss in my top 10 to Notre Dame lands Michigan here.

8. Ohio State- Listen, it hurt me to put them here.  But they have 2 solid top 25 wins despite their awful blowout loss to Purdue.  I honestly hope this season burns in a fiery hell and they play in Shreveport... but right now, this is where they belong.

9. Kentucky- How do I reward Michigan for good wins and a decent loss and not do the team for possibly one of the least talented top 20 teams in the country?  Their only loss is to Texas A&M with wins over Florida and Mississippi State.

10. Washington State- I really wanted OU or Georgia here... but look at the schedules to date.... they are awful on paper.  Washington State has a nice win over Oregon and seemed to be the most deserving team in my top 10 based on the criteria set... I wanted to show some bias in this poll, but since its my first real one this year that I put some thought in to.... I thought I'd play fair.

This is what I expect tonight:

1. Alabama-

2. Notre Dame-

3. Clemson

4. LSU

5. Michigan

6. Ohio State

7. Kentucky

8. Washington State

9. Oklahoma

10. UCF 

College Football Playoff Rankings, Oct. 30

1. Alabama (8-0)
  2. Clemson (8-0)
  3. LSU (7-1)
  4. Notre Dame (8-0)
  5. Michigan (7-1)
  6. Georgia (7-1)
  7. Oklahoma (7-1)
  8. Washington State (7-1)
  9. Kentucky (7-1)
  10. Ohio State (7-1)
  11. Florida (6-2)
  12. UCF (7-0)
  13. West Virginia (6-1)
  14. Penn State (6-2)
  15. Utah (6-2)
  16. Iowa (6-2)
  17. Texas (6-2)
  18. Mississippi State (5-3)
  19. Syracuse (6-2)
  20. Texas A&M (5-3)
  21. NC State (5-2)
  22. Boston College (6-2)
  23. Fresno State (7-1)
  24. Iowa State (4-3)
  25. Virginia (6-2)

No real surprises here, at least as far as the Top 4 are concerned.

'Bama will beat LSU, which opens the door one of the one-lossers. Likely to be Michigan/Georgia. 

The only real chaos that I think is "probable" would be someone upsetting a Tua-less 'Bama in the SEC game, which would put Clemson at #1, Notre Dame (who will almost certainly win out) at #2, followed by whichever SEC team upset 'Bama at #3, and then the Tide rounding out the field. 

That would give you a semifinal of 1) Clemson vs. 4) Alabama, and 2) Notre Dame vs. 3) SEC champ. 

1 hour ago, MrBuddyGarrity said:

Maryland has fired football coach DJ Durkin, a school spokeswoman confirmed. Durkin just told the team, according to a source. https://t.co/Sxa3hW3NZ4

This firing means nothing. The BoR voted to reinstate. That says enough to me. Firing him came about to quiet public outcry and avoid further lawsuits...

• Thanks 1