Cowboys Get Amari Cooper For A 1st Rounder

Jerry Jones is so ornery because he has all these players, and no quarterback...

Jerry Jones is so ornery because he has all these players, and no coach...

The list goes on...Now they are going to be cranky because they have all these losses and no first round pick...

27 minutes ago, Doomer said:

This kid has only struggled during the season Gruden decided not to throw down field. Good to see him come to a team where Red an Dak can have his back!

About to run the table no doubt.  I'd hate to be the Redskins when they have to roll into Arlington later this year.  Red wont show no mercy, be worse than that Jacksonville beat down.

• Like 1

When this was a rumor, I was not a fan of it. Now that it's reality, I do not agree with this trade. I hope I'm proven wrong. 

Its halfway thru the season. Cooper is currently injured (concussion protocol). He's costing a first round pick. And on top of that, alot of cap space. Who they gonna cut to put him on the roster? 

I've moved on from him, but I'd rather the Cowboys had brought back Dez than to have made this trade. 

Somebody please talk some trade sense into me!! 

AnotherHastyAmericanindianhorse-size_restricted.gif

6CYs2F2.gif

50 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

When this was a rumor, I was not a fan of it. Now that it's reality, I do not agree with this trade. I hope I'm proven wrong. 

Its halfway thru the season. Cooper is currently injured (concussion protocol). He's costing a first round pick. And on top of that, alot of cap space. Who they gonna cut to put him on the roster? 

I've moved on from him, but I'd rather the Cowboys had brought back Dez than to have made this trade. 

Somebody please talk some trade sense into me!! 

AnotherHastyAmericanindianhorse-size_restricted.gif

6CYs2F2.gif

Take a deep breath and relax. Jerry is in control

2 hours ago, Red90fly said:

About to run the table no doubt.  I'd hate to be the Redskins when they have to roll into Arlington later this year.  Red wont show no mercy, be worse than that Jacksonville beat down.

Truuuu-ThattttT!

Dumb move ... I wouldn't have given a 3rd round draft pick for him, much less a 1st round pick ... what a waste ....

If they were getting a Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins or a A.J.Green, I could see it .... Cooper isn't worth a #1 draft pick ....

Edited by KirtFalcon

The Jerry/Stephen/McClay spin: Dallas spent a 1st rounder on a WR who is 24, been a Pro Bowler and is a better prospect than any reciever in the 2019 draft. Hopefully draws double teams and forces teams to not go with 8 men boxes for Zeke.

The reality. Cooper has 70 catches for 960 yard over his last 20 games. That’s 3.5 catches for 48 yards on average. Is that because Carr and the Raiders didn’t feature him? Will Dallas be able to feature him after all the offseason y’all of not needing a WR1 due to the depth of the wide outs? 

The stick. Philly was offering a 2nd rounder. Other teams were offering a 3. Dallas basically bid against themselves and spent a 1. Dallas tried to sign Sammy Watkins in free agency to be the WR1. He turned them down for Mahomes and KC. Dallas could have traded for Earl Thomas. 

47 minutes ago, Stoney said:

The Jerry/Stephen/McClay spin: Dallas spent a 1st rounder on a WR who is 24, been a Pro Bowler and is a better prospect than any reciever in the 2019 draft. Hopefully draws double teams and forces teams to not go with 8 men boxes for Zeke.

The reality. Cooper has 70 catches for 960 yard over his last 20 games. That’s 3.5 catches for 48 yards on average. Is that because Carr and the Raiders didn’t feature him? Will Dallas be able to feature him after all the offseason y’all of not needing a WR1 due to the depth of the wide outs? 

The stick. Philly was offering a 2nd rounder. Other teams were offering a 3. Dallas basically bid against themselves and spent a 1. Dallas tried to sign Sammy Watkins in free agency to be the WR1. He turned them down for Mahomes and KC. Dallas could have traded for Earl Thomas. 

Jerrah thinks red is a top tier coach too ... the cowgirls are good at developing mediocre talent into mediocre talent .... the way they have been passing over top WRs in the draft, Cooper is probably as good as anybody they would draft in 2019 anyway .... Jerrah loves to pass on the top talent for them jewels in the mid to later rounds ... lol ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

Heaven help us. I’ve got flashbacks of Joey Galloway and Roy Williams (the bad one) now.

Exactly what I thought.  He's been down the past two seasons, and I don't think he's the answer.  He's going to be a bust this season, because he has to learn the offense.  He's cheap this year, but he skyrockets next year with his salary.  https://overthecap.com/player/amari-cooper/3852  .  He's going to be around next season, so that will the true telling point if he's worth a 1st rounder.  Right now, I wouldn't have traded that pick for him.  I still think we should have drafted two receivers in the first and second rounds.  

• Like 1

And another thing I don’t think a lot of Cowboys realize? His rookie contract is almost up. He’s fixing to get paid. He’s making $400,000 on his rookie contract. That balloons to $13m next year. Then he’s gonna want his big second contract. Dallas better take the next 22 games before giving him that deal. If he proves he’s worth it.

12 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Dumb move ... I wouldn't have given a 3rd round draft pick for him, much less a 1st round pick ... what a waste ....

If they were getting a Julio Jones, DeAndre Hopkins or a A.J.Green, I could see it .... Cooper isn't worth a #1 draft pick ....

Oh come on now  if Roy Williams was worth a 1st, 3rd and 6th rd pick and Galloway worth two 1st surely Cooper is worth one 1st rd pick. 😄

• LOL! 1

4 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

I have my concerns about this trade but it is a done deal now so all I’m going to do is say time will tell if it was worth it or not  I would like to think Dallas had two first round picks next year but I don’t think they do 

Even if they did, Jerruh would find a way to parlay it into more mediocre talent for Red to develop ... 

He was worth a 2 maybe?

3 certainly NO way worth the 1 I would have offered a 3rd and 6th ( if there really was competition for the trade)

Jerry loves Red Clapper and knows that 8-8 or worse he has to pull the trigger and fire him.

Trying to avoid that by reaching and overpaying for Cooper hoping they can 7-2 over the stretch and win the division at 10-6

Having not commented yet on Sundays loss is there any worse end of game manager than the Red Clapper? Romo analysis was spot on