Cowboys Get Amari Cooper For A 1st Rounder

2 hours ago, Coach0001 said:

He was worth a 2 maybe?

3 certainly NO way worth the 1 I would have offered a 3rd and 6th ( if there really was competition for the trade)

Jerry loves Red Clapper and knows that 8-8 or worse he has to pull the trigger and fire him.

Trying to avoid that by reaching and overpaying for Cooper hoping they can 7-2 over the stretch and win the division at 10-6

Having not commented yet on Sundays loss is there any worse end of game manager than the Red Clapper? Romo analysis was spot on

Romo reminds me of a teenager trying to find something intelligent to say ... He is like a fish out of water trying to find his way in the booth ...

22 hours ago, Stoney said:

The Jerry/Stephen/McClay spin: Dallas spent a 1st rounder on a WR who is 24, been a Pro Bowler and is a better prospect than any reciever in the 2019 draft. Hopefully draws double teams and forces teams to not go with 8 men boxes for Zeke.

The reality. Cooper has 70 catches for 960 yard over his last 20 games. That’s 3.5 catches for 48 yards on average. Is that because Carr and the Raiders didn’t feature him? Will Dallas be able to feature him after all the offseason y’all of not needing a WR1 due to the depth of the wide outs? 

The stick. Philly was offering a 2nd rounder. Other teams were offering a 3. Dallas basically bid against themselves and spent a 1. Dallas tried to sign Sammy Watkins in free agency to be the WR1. He turned them down for Mahomes and KC. Dallas could have traded for Earl Thomas. 

Cooper has had exactly 2 good games this season...  How many have they played?  Did he quit on Oakland?  Will he quit on Dallas when Dak can't accurately throw him a deep ball?  Will he quit on this losing team?  Is he just not that good?  

Too many questions for a 1st round pick...  Why didn't you just draft a WR Jerrah?????? There were still good ones in the 2nd round Jerrah!!!!!  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Cooper has had exactly 2 good games this season...  How many have they played?  Did he quit on Oakland?  Will he quit on Dallas when Dak can't accurately throw him a deep ball?  Will he quit on this losing team?  Is he just not that good?  

Too many questions for a 1st round pick...  Why didn't you just draft a WR Jerrah?????? There were still good ones in the 2nd round Jerrah!!!!!  

They did ... they just waited until all of the best ones were already gone ... just like they did when they took a QB ... that's Jerruh's MO  ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

52 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

Time will tell. Maybe a change of scenery will be good for Cooper. He’s still only 24 yrs old. Ridley turns 24 in Dec None of those top receivers drafted in the first round this year were a sure thing.  Actually no draft pick is a sure thing so if he works out well then maybe it was worth the pick but like I said only time will tell 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Stoney said:

And another thing I don’t think a lot of Cowboys realize? His rookie contract is almost up. He’s fixing to get paid. He’s making $400,000 on his rookie contract. That balloons to $13m next year. Then he’s gonna want his big second contract. Dallas better take the next 22 games before giving him that deal. If he proves he’s worth it.

I agree, if he doesn't produce big number next year he's another Dez or Myles Austin.  He has the potential to be great, but right now I think he's a #2.  Will this prove that Dak is the quarterback ?  I don't know, but if he doesn't improve we might need one.  

I don’t see how a WR is gonna fix Dak’s pocket presence. I can’t see how he’s gonna fix Linehan’s playcalling or give Garrett some intestinal fortitude. 

I will say this. You’ve got a year and half to figure out if Prescott is the guy at QB. He’s got a solid defense behind him. A o-line that is playing below their talent level but has several big assets in place. You’ve got Zeke. You invested a 1st rounder in Cooper. This is Dak’s shot. If he misses, then a new coach  in 2019 or 2020 is gonna get a decent team to give the keys to a new QB.

I'm definitely not  a Jerry Jones fan, but this trade seems to make sense to me.  Our #1 priority is a WR.   I don't see any WRs as good as Cooper coming. This makes us better this year. The question is...…….what difference does it make???    

IMO the trade makes sense. Just don't think it is going to change anything.

5 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

I'm definitely not  a Jerry Jones fan, but this trade seems to make sense to me.  Our #1 priority is a WR.   I don't see any WRs as good as Cooper coming. This makes us better this year. The question is...…….what difference does it make???    

I agree receiver has been a big issue the whole season so far.  I just wish they could have done something at the start of the season instead of midway.  I know they wanted Sammy Watkins before the season started and did not get him but it seems like they just gave up after that I don’t know.  Yes they thought about drafting Ridley but if you think about it he’s only six months younger than Cooper.  I can’t have an honest opinion one way or the other but like I have been saying time will tell.  

I know it’s easy to be skeptical because they bombed on Galloway and Williams but just have to wait and see 

12 hours ago, Stoney said:

I don’t see how a WR is gonna fix Dak’s pocket presence. I can’t see how he’s gonna fix Linehan’s playcalling or give Garrett some intestinal fortitude. 

I will say this. You’ve got a year and half to figure out if Prescott is the guy at QB. He’s got a solid defense behind him. A o-line that is playing below their talent level but has several big assets in place. You’ve got Zeke. You invested a 1st rounder in Cooper. This is Dak’s shot. If he misses, then a new coach  in 2019 or 2020 is gonna get a decent team to give the keys to a new QB.

The big question will be does Jerruh give Prescott the big contract or fish for another mid round reach at QB ....

Kirt, we’ve seen good Dak for one year. This is two years of bad Dak. Any Cowboys fan with a brain ain’t paying Dak until he proves it before this contract runs out. Jerry? He could sign him to a $200m deal and extend Garrett/Linehan while he’s at it.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

Romo reminds me of a teenager trying to find something intelligent to say ... He is like a fish out of water trying to find his way in the booth ...

Negative Romo nailed the last part of the game spike the ball at 12 run one more pass play call time out get 10-12 more yards for the fg 

48 minutes ago, Stoney said:

Kirt, we’ve seen good Dak for one year. This is two years of bad Dak. Any Cowboys fan with a brain ain’t paying Dak until he proves it before this contract runs out. Jerry? He could sign him to a $200m deal and extend Garrett/Linehan while he’s at it.

I'm thinking that's what Jerruh has on his mind .... that ain't funny! ....  :rofl:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Coach0001 said:

Negative Romo nailed the last part of the game spike the ball at 12 run one more pass play call time out get 10-12 more yards for the fg 

I was talking about overall ... he's not a natural commentator ... he's actually boring most of the time ....

18 hours ago, THSfanatic said:

I don't think he's going to make a difference this year.  He has to learn the offense, get in rhythm with Dak, and who knows if he still has concussion symptoms.  It's like Carlos Hyde that was traded to the Jags.  He's not going to make an immediate difference with them.    He might have a couple of big games this year, but only time will tell.  We still need another solid receiver.  

On 10/25/2018 at 2:06 PM, Stoney said:

That’s another thing that hasn’t been brought up a lot, the new OL coach. New coach, new blocking scheme, same bad results when he coached less talented players in Cincinnati.

Cowboys fire Paul Alexander. Marc Colombo is the new OL coach.

34 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

And they're bring in Hudson Houck also. As a special consultant/advisor. 

Huge upgrade. Should see a return to form from Tyron. Connor and La’el should really benefit from this move.

• Thanks 1