Cowboys Get Amari Cooper For A 1st Rounder

22 hours ago, Red90fly said:

What he really meant to say is Red and the boys' bout' to run the table.

Why am I having flashbacks to this,  is your name really Larry, and Doomer is Daryl  and where is that other brother Daryl.  Funny thing is I thought the dark haired one looked like Glenn Danzig and the blonde one as Harpo Marx.  

• 1 month later...

OK we have to ask ourselves this question again   Did the cowboys give up to much to get Cooper?  Maybe so like Troy said you would have liked to have got him for a second rounder   But would Dallas be in the position they are in right now without him?  I don’t think so. Another good thing is he is only six months older than Ridley.  I guess this question can only be answered years down the road but as of right now it looks like it was a good move 

Dallas has had a great run on picking first round talent since 2010. The only busts being Mo Claiborne and Taco Charlton. So the argument is Dallas could have found value if they kept their pick. Now Cooper had shown flashes of being a legit WR1 his first two years in the league. Struggles the past two years led to this trade. Dallas got a WR1 for a low first round pick. Most rookie WRs never produce the first year like Amari has in his first games in Dallas. Dallas should re-sign him to a contract. Depending on your view of Dak, Dallas could have a legit Big 3 for the future.

On 10/31/2018 at 6:04 PM, DaveTV1 said:

Why am I having flashbacks to this,  is your name really Larry, and Doomer is Daryl  and where is that other brother Daryl.  Funny thing is I thought the dark haired one looked like Glenn Danzig and the blonde one as Harpo Marx.  

Thankx

1 hour ago, Stoney said:

Dallas has had a great run on picking first round talent since 2010. The only busts being Mo Claiborne and Taco Charlton. So the argument is Dallas could have found value if they kept their pick. Now Cooper had shown flashes of being a legit WR1 his first two years in the league. Struggles the past two years led to this trade. Dallas got a WR1 for a low first round pick. Most rookie WRs never produce the first year like Amari has in his first games in Dallas. Dallas should re-sign him to a contract. Depending on your view of Dak, Dallas could have a legit Big 3 for the future.

im having a tough time viewing Dak as one of a Big 3. he does a lot of good things but has a hard time protecting the ball and making all the throws top NFL QB's need to make

11 minutes ago, ClawNAntler said:

im having a tough time viewing Dak as one of a Big 3. he does a lot of good things but has a hard time protecting the ball and making all the throws top NFL QB's need to make

Me either. We all saw how bad he looked yesterday. You just look at his stats and makes you wonder how the score was 29-23. 455 yards passing. 100+ QB rating. It just shows stats don’t show the whole picture. Dak ain’t Romo. Romo could elevate the play of those around him. Miles Austin? Dak can’t do that. He doesn’t have the arm or the ability in some cases. You have to surround Dak with first round talent for him to succeed. Dallas can’t afford to pay him $20m plus and shortchange a position or two to pay that contract. Jerry wants to go cheap around $14/15m. That might be more manageable. But your gonna get what you pay for. Dak ain’t Brees or Brady. Your not gonna because of him but you sure might lose because he holds the ball a little long in the pocket, isn’t accurate on anything over 20 yards downfield.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AKA said:

Reckon it'll be kinda like the Herschel Walker trade?

Like, maybe the results won't be fully understood until some time passes. 

Gil Brandt called it a better trade than the Tony Dorsett trade. I’m not going that far.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Stoney said:

I'm happy with the trade unlike Joey Galloway and Roy Williams.  Neither had a 1000 yard season with the Cowboys, and we gave up 2 first round picks for Galloway, and a one, a three, and a 6th round pick for Roy.  I would say even the Raghib Ismael signing for what we paid him wasn't worth it, because he only had two 1000 yard seasons but nothing over 1100.  Cooper has already won two games for us in my opinion.  I think we'd be behind Philly if we wouldn't have traded for him.  I'd pay him in the top 10, but not sure about the top 5, unless you count incentives.  Why NFL teams don't do that more often is beyond me, because if they don't perform they don't get paid.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Stoney said:

Gil Brandt called it a better trade than the Tony Dorsett trade. I’m not going that far.

I can't say that yet, but only the future will tell.  We traded first round picks, and gave them three second round picks.  However they traded two of those back for Duke Ferguson who never amounted to anything with Seattle or Buffalo.  So basically we got Tony Dorsett for Clint Longley, because it was San Diego's first round pick and a second rounder.  Depending on who the Raiders take with that number 1 pick will determine also to me if it was good.  I still say the Dorsett trade was a steal, but the Herschel trade was far better with the draft picks that were used, but not the sorry players.  If I remember right Jack Del Rio was the only player that amounted to anything with the Cowboys.  

• Like 1

^ Amari is on the hook next year for $13.9m. That still gives Dallas $55m in cap room next offseason. You gotta pay Tank Lawrence. Are you paying Tavon Austin another $7m to be a gadget guy now? Do you bring back Cole Beasley? David Irving has talent but Uptownitis has him off the field as much as on it. Sean Lee is due $10m. Make him a June 1st cut and save another $7m. That’s your big market guys for the Cowboys this offseason. The rest are backups on the o-line, DT, backup LB. Dallas has another great draft set up for their needs. You want a TE? Which flavor do you want? Inline, slot you can get him. You want to finally get another inside presence on the DL. He’ll be there. Wanna edge rusher? They are there. And you’ll still have money to add a couple key pieces in free agency. You can add a Earl Thomas or Clinton-Dix to the secondary. 

8 minutes ago, DaveTV1 said:

I can't say that yet, but only the future will tell.  We traded first round picks, and gave them three second round picks.  However they traded two of those back for Duke Ferguson who never amounted to anything with Seattle or Buffalo.  So basically we got Tony Dorsett for Clint Longley, because it was San Diego's first round pick and a second rounder.  Depending on who the Raiders take with that number 1 pick will determine also to me if it was good.  I still say the Dorsett trade was a steal, but the Herschel trade was far better with the draft picks that were used, but not the sorry players.  If I remember right Jack Del Rio was the only player that amounted to anything with the Cowboys.  

Have you ever seen the ESPN 30 for 30 “The Great Trade Robbery” about the Walker trade? It’s amazing how different the NFL was then compared to now. That Minnesota gave Dallas the choice to keep the sorry players or drop them for draft picks blows my mind. I’d give that a 1A and Dorsett a 1B. One created a dynasty, one enhanced a dynasty.

26 minutes ago, Stoney said:

^ Amari is on the hook next year for $13.9m. That still gives Dallas $55m in cap room next offseason. You gotta pay Tank Lawrence. Are you paying Tavon Austin another $7m to be a gadget guy now? Do you bring back Cole Beasley? David Irving has talent but Uptownitis has him off the field as much as on it. Sean Lee is due $10m. Make him a June 1st cut and save another $7m. That’s your big market guys for the Cowboys this offseason. The rest are backups on the o-line, DT, backup LB. Dallas has another great draft set up for their needs. You want a TE? Which flavor do you want? Inline, slot you can get him. You want to finally get another inside presence on the DL. He’ll be there. Wanna edge rusher? They are there. And you’ll still have money to add a couple key pieces in free agency. You can add a Earl Thomas or Clinton-Dix to the secondary. 

Get rid of Austin, Hurd, and Terrance Williams ??? is he even on the team anymore.  Bring back Beasley he's an adequate #3.  Gallup has shown some spark, but not enough to be a #2.  I think it's time to part ways with Sean Lee he's getting too old and the injuries have kept him from playing a full season his entire career.  Our young corps of linebackers have shown they're good enough to handle the job.  I'm actually happy with the 5th best Defense in the league right now.  I'm not sure if we've our #1 TE with Blake Jarwin, but he looked good yesterday.  I want neither Earl Thomas or Clinton Ha Ha Dix.  For certain our picks next year are a 2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th, maybe 6th, and 7th.  I'm happy with Brett Maher.  I think we should draft a receiver with the #2 pick, OL with the #3, and try to fill holes with the rest.

• Like 1

Not sure of their contract status, but we have 7 talented offensive lineman now, WHEN HEALTHY. The five starters last night, Frederick and Connor Williams.

Sean Lee would be a great guy to keep for $2 million or so - keep being a mentor to 54 and 55 and replace each for a few (5-8) plays each game. But definitely not worth $10 million. 

This O-line has proven that you can’t go cheap on the backups. You gotta have a quality swing tackle because Tyron’s gonna miss games now. You gotta have a capable interior lineman. Now with Frederick’s health issue you might have to look at a possible long term answer to replace him. 

WR- Dallas needs another wideout to add to Amari and Gallup. TWill ain’t it and should be gone. You wanna bring Beasley back, okay. I’m not paying him a big contract when slot guys are a dime a dozen nowadays. Tavon is a gadget guy that Linehan doesn’t know how to use or even cares to use. He’s gone unless we get a new OC that can figure out 10 touches a game for him.

TE- Dallas needs a upgrade at TE. Swaim, Schultz, Jarwin are fine backup TEs. Dak needs a threat down the middle and a safety valve on third down. 

Thats the three biggest needs besides a new OC and a honest to goodness QB coach for Dak. Kellen Moore and Linehan ain’t it.

18 hours ago, Stoney said:

add Clinton Dix?? now that's funny HAHA!!

• Like 1
  • LOL! 1

On 12/10/2018 at 6:36 PM, Stoney said:

So cut Lee because of money and injuries but bring on earl Thomas who wants money and gets hurt a lot? 

On 12/16/2018 at 7:43 PM, JV_COACH said:

So cut Lee because of money and injuries but bring on earl Thomas who wants money and gets hurt a lot? 

If Dallas wanted to make a run at the Super Bowl on Dak’s rookie contract, I’d definitely think about it. 

• 4 weeks later...