Most underrated 2A-D1 team in east/central Texas

upullinmychain

Is there a team flying under the radar or coming into their own that's being missed? Is there a sleeper that will explode into the scene and upset some folks that aren't paying close attention? Or is it playing out along the lines that everyone expected? This week could be the turning point in some districts that upsets some apple carts.. Anybody care to hazard a guess? 

48 minutes ago, Easttxmaniac said:

As of now I think Carlisle has to be the fav. Then Garrison. Tenaha/SA are young and will only get better. One of these imo will win region. 

I think Carlisle Teneha SA and Garrison was ranked all along. 'Under the radar' strikes me as somebody expected to do squat.

1 minute ago, Doomer said:

I think Carlisle Teneha SA and Garrison was ranked all along. 'Under the radar' strikes me as somebody expected to do squat.

Yep you are rite about that, that's why I am curious about somebody who may have struggled early trying to find their identity and seem to maybe coming to the front later in dist. Timpson could claim that distinction if the take  down their opponent this week. Or maybe some one who just started to peak at the present time. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, upullinmychain said:

Yep you are rite about that, that's why I am curious about somebody who may have struggled early trying to find their identity and seem to maybe coming to the front later in dist. Timpson could claim that distinction if the take  down their opponent this week. Or maybe some one who just started to peak at the present time. 

Sheblyville is coming on lately too!

1 hour ago, Easttxmaniac said:

As of now I think Carlisle has to be the fav. Then Garrison. Tenaha/SA are young and will only get better. One of these imo will win region. 

My honest assessment agrees with you ... I think Garrison/Tennyha are a toss up depending on many factors to be decided Friday night ... SA/Timpson could be dangerous ... Alto, LK, Beckville who knows

Carlisle looks to be the favorite right now ... 

11 minutes ago, ATLFalcons said:

I think, as a whole, 2A-D1 is down this year in this region with the PC Injuns being the favorite. 

I'm not so much sure that it's down as I am that there is some parity.. Teams are learning what works and how to play each other more competitively.. True, some teams that are perennial power teams could be faltering but as a whole teams that annually seem to be cellar dwellers are stepping up their game, be it by athletes or new coaching blood.. Jmho 

11 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I'm not so much sure that it's down as I am that there is some parity.. Teams are learning what works and how to play each other more competitively.. True, some teams that are perennial power teams could be faltering but as a whole teams that annually seem to be cellar dwellers are stepping up their game, be it by athletes or new coaching blood.. Jmho 

I think overall, it's the strongest region ... I see some teams ranked in the top 10 in other regions in some polls that I question their ranking.  I don't think there are as many good teams outside of our region as we have, thus you get teams ranked because they are the best in their regions but maybe haven't faced many other top teams .... that scenario seems to play out most years ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

4 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

I think overall, it's the strongest region ... I see some teams ranked in the top 10 in other regions in some polls that I question their ranking.  I don't think there are as many good teams outside of our region as we have, thus you get teams ranked because they are the best in their regions but maybe haven't faced many other top teams .... that scenario seems to play out most years ...

True.. Some of those teams are questionable and some are rock solid almost every year ie. Mason, Shiner rugo, Mart when they were D1.. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DawgPound73 said:

Lots of good teams in region 3.  District 9 is not getting any love,  I know Centerville has given us an early exit in the past.   It is all playing out right now,  know more about  it this Friday. 

CV had a lot of seniors last year that won a bunch of games In their 4 years. I’m sure you give them a year or so and they will be back.

This district doesn’t have a team that can compete with any of the top teams in the region. 

1 hour ago, Lion1996 said:

CV had a lot of seniors last year that won a bunch of games In their 4 years. I’m sure you give them a year or so and they will be back.

This district doesn’t have a team that can compete with any of the top teams in the region. 

Centerville doesnt have anything at all.  We had a bad game and still beat them 20-0.

1 hour ago, Greezychef said:

Before the season began district 11 2aD1 was listed as the toughest in the state.  Region 1&2 nowhere near as good as region 3.  Region 4 is only 2 or 3 teams.  Stop hating on region 3, we tryin.

The AP and other knucklehead polls like Lone Star Gridiron are always going to throw teams from every region in their top 10, deserving or not.  Dave Campbell's even does it pre season I believe to sell magazines ... Over half of their top 10 teams always fall by the wayside early in the playoffs because they never were worthy of their early rankings .... many were just "place holder" rankings to represent all regions ... 

Edited by KirtFalcon

1 hour ago, Greezychef said:

Before the season began district 11 2aD1 was listed as the toughest in the state.  Region 1&2 nowhere near as good as region 3.  Region 4 is only 2 or 3 teams.  Stop hating on region 3, we tryin.

I aint hating, its just my opinion based on the fact that there is no clear cut favorite.  Maybe chain is right, instead of everyone being down maybe all the teams are better for the most part.  I know Tenaha moving up only strengthened the region.

In my opinion, which doesn’t amount to much, after playing Garrison and Carlisle, Carlisle is the clear favorite between those two. If Garrison hangs tough in the Tenaha or beats them, then Carlisle is the favorite for this region. Carlisle is very good, and well coached. I think Garrison is good, but Carlisle could get to play at Jerry’s World. Their #5 at Q.b may be the best Athlete I’ve seen in a long time, and the rest of the team ain’t bad either.