Most underrated 2A-D1 team in east/central Texas

upullinmychain

5 minutes ago, Alto44 said:

In my opinion, which doesn’t amount to much, after playing Garrison and Carlisle, Carlisle is the clear favorite between those two. If Garrison hangs tough in the Tenaha or beats them, then Carlisle is the favorite for this region. Carlisle is very good, and well coached. I think Garrison is good, but Carlisle could get to play at Jerry’s World. Their #5 at Q.b may be the best Athlete I’ve seen in a long time, and the rest of the team ain’t bad either.

#5 for Carlisle is a game changer ... By far the best QB I have seen this year .... we would have our hands full with him ... Alto's defense looked like they were in slow motion chasing him around the field.  He looked like he was just toying with their defense ... I do believe we would have to play ball control and keep him off the field if we do happen to meet up down the road ...

Edited by KirtFalcon

8 minutes ago, KirtFalcon said:

#5 for Carlisle is a game changer ... By far the best QB I have seen this year .... we would have our hands full with him ... Alto's defense looked like they were in slow motion chasing him around the field.  He looked like he was just toying with their defense ... I do believe we would have to play ball control and keep him off the field if we do happen to meet up down the road ...

We aren’t playing very good right now, but Carlisle plays more like old school football and old school mentality. Garrison is a good football team and #22 is a stud, but the overall team speed for Carlisle is very hard to match up with. You never know what can happen in the playoffs, but if #5 for Carlisle stays healthy they are a very hard out.

I agree with Greezy....Our district is brutal and will beat up on each other. There are 6 teams worthy of a playoff spot. If you don't bring your "A" game every Friday nite you could leave with an "L". While Carlisle may or may not be the class of this region there are plenty of quality teams.

14 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Is there a team flying under the radar or coming into their own that's being missed? Is there a sleeper that will explode into the scene and upset some folks that aren't paying close attention? Or is it playing out along the lines that everyone expected? This week could be the turning point in some districts that upsets some apple carts.. Anybody care to hazard a guess? 

I think Cushing is a team flying under the radar and having a better-than-expected season. Now, I really don’t expect them to make a deep run in the playoffs, BUT I think they will make the playoffs which is a win in itself. And Alto is NOT sleeping on them this week because they are 5-1, motivated, and hoping to build on their first district win since 2011. So anyway, back to the idea of the “sleeper”......maybe more of a DISTRICT sleeper than a Region 3 sleeper. Lol

5 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

The AP and other knucklehead polls like Lone Star Gridiron are always going to throw teams from every region in their top 10, deserving or not.  Dave Campbell's even does it pre season I believe to sell magazines ... Over half of their top 10 teams always fall by the wayside early in the playoffs because they never were worthy of their early rankings .... many were just "place holder" rankings to represent all regions ... 

Agreed!

11 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

I think Cushing is a team flying under the radar and having a better-than-expected season. Now, I really don’t expect them to make a deep run in the playoffs, BUT I think they will make the playoffs which is a win in itself. And Alto is NOT sleeping on them this week because they are 5-1, motivated, and hoping to build on their first district win since 2011. So anyway, back to the idea of the “sleeper”......maybe more of a DISTRICT sleeper than a Region 3 sleeper. Lol

They are only making the playoffs because it's not a stacked district. 

15 hours ago, KirtFalcon said:

A couple have tried that, Troup came closest but took shot up field and scored too fast, then drove down to go ahead and try to put it out of reach when (the fumble) happened. Timing was everything and they mistimed it a little bit. We returned it for six and then they had to air it out and Jamion got the pick to allow us to kill the clock. But it almost worked.. Lol 

43 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

A couple have tried that, Troup came closest but took shot up field and scored too fast, then drove down to go ahead and try to put it out of reach when (the fumble) happened. Timing was everything and they mistimed it a little bit. We returned it for six and then they had to air it out and Jamion got the pick to allow us to kill the clock. But it almost worked.. Lol 

When playing a really good team, a legitimate chance to win in the fourth quarter is what you are looking for sometimes.

6 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Your only hope to beat Carlisle is to control the ball for long drives, no turnovers, pray for them to give you an extra possession, and keep their offense off the field as much as possible. Hope you have the ball last and score leaving them no time lol. Pretty simple 😂

Well hell, the secrets out of the bag now.. Lol or if you play ol school smash mouth football and have a great defensive linebacker corps and a very good good secondary.. You can try to just beat us down.. Has worked in the past.. Lol 

4 hours ago, hunter92 said:

When playing a really good team, a legitimate chance to win in the fourth quarter is what you are looking for sometimes.

That and hoping your defense makes a couple stops or forces a couple turnovers.. That would be gooder than bisquits and gravey.. Lol 

3 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

And lovelady. It’s like we aren’t even in region 3. On Fox they already have Muenster and Mart playing in regional  finals. 

Grapeland vs mart I think will be a good game. Grapeland is a balanced team. With size and speed. 

34 minutes ago, SwarmingOnEm said:

Love some ET teams. But Mart is on a whole diff level. They’ll handle anything we have easy 

You are most likely right but I do think grapeland will play them a good game. 

I do think lovelady has a better chance to upset Muenster. They had 15 seniors last year. That’s hard to replace in these small schools. 

10 minutes ago, Lion1996 said:

You are most likely right but I do think grapeland will play them a good game. 

I do think lovelady has a better chance to upset Muenster. They had 15 seniors last year. That’s hard to replace in these small schools. 

If there’s an “upset” I agree, I see LL over Muenster before I see Grapeland over Mart.