Attention 4A D-1

TCU44

1 minute ago, cowboyandchrist said:

They get 7 turnovers and win by 8 against Paris, we will see how they do when they play an East Texas team that can run and pass equally well and don't turn it over. 

How many times do you think we Carthage Dawg fans have heard that mess before. 

Don’t fall for it C&C! 

The way Argyle is playing I would definitely hate to have to face them. They have now knocked off 4 top 10 ranked teams. Can Carthage say that? I went to the Argyle/ Mellisa game thinking I would see an upset. Poor Mellisa had no answer of stopping Argyles potent offense. It will be interesting to see if Argyle can make a run and meet Carthage at Jerry World. 

2 minutes ago, Argyle2014 said:

We’re not talking about the past here. I have the upmost respect for what Carthage has done and their team now. I just don’t think they can win against Argyle or LaVega right now. Just my opinion.

This isn’t the playoff edition Dawgs; That will be a different animal altogether....

• Thanks 1

Some people enjoy stirring up a hornet's nest while others like crying wolf.  I've seen every season of every single Argyle team and what happened in each year.  I understand their history, their community, their philosophy in regards to the different schemes they may employ, and how they slot their players for their greatest advantage.  Argyle is all about total commitment to success, but not at the expense of unfair play or cheating.  I seriously doubt that Coach Rodgers would EVER say the Eagles are the best team in 4A and should win out this year.  He knows better just like I do and many others do.  I prefer to cry wolf, LOL......I will err on the side of pessimism and be happy if I'm wrong. I'm fairly certain Coach Rodgers would never say such a thing to his team in the locker room at this stage of the season......until perhaps a semifinal game at halftime.......if he did it at all.  I don't want the viewers here to get the wrong idea about Argyle and Argyle supporters.......arrogance is not part of the culture there.  Arrogance does not get you very far in any highly competitive situation in life......it's almost a certain recipe for failure.

• Like 2

ooo this looks like fun!

Argyle wouldn't make it out of 4a div II and Div II is waaaaaay down from last year, no way they take it all in 4a div I. They beat Melissa lol. Who hasn't? Who else they beat? Those city boys won't know what hits them when they play a real beast Texas team.

• LOL! 1

We won't know til we know.  Every year there are unbeatable teams that don't make it to the championship game or lose once they get there.  You have to win game number 16 to be the champ, don't matter if you go 15-0.  Goliath is not undefeated.  Been plenty of Davids that found the right stone.  If they win it all, then my hat is off to them.  It isn't easy.  Superior talent doesn't always do it.  Superior coaching doesn't always do it.  The biggest heart doesn't always do it.

Any group of kids that can do it deserve to be celebrated.  If that is Argyle this year, that won't be the worst thing that's ever happened.  Just know, they are going to get a bunch of teams' best shot in the coming weeks.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nonothing said:

ooo this looks like fun!

Argyle wouldn't make it out of 4a div II and Div II is waaaaaay down from last year, no way they take it all in 4a div I. They beat Melissa lol. Who hasn't? Who else they beat? Those city boys won't know what hits them when they play a real beast Texas team.

They’ve beaten 4 top 10 D-1 teams this year. I’m not saying they are gonna win it all, but don’t overlook Argyle either.