Attention 4A D-1

TCU44

On 10/27/2018 at 7:29 AM, CarthDawg77 said:

This isn’t the playoff edition Dawgs; That will be a different animal altogether....

I have heard this over and over this year it is week 9 and in most years past Carthage is putting 35 on opponents in the first half.  Playoff are two weeks away, not that you will face a test until the fifth round, so you have a few more week to round in to form.  It looking more and more that this is who the Dawgs are this year. This week could be the teller whether or not Carthage can break this cycle,  but they will have a few more weeks before they will be tested again so the Dawgs will have time to straighten this out.  

There will be no more battle tested team then the team that comes out of Region 2.  A region that includes Stephenville, Argyle, Paris, La Vega, Celina, Melissa, and  Kennedale.  Like I said a few weeks ago there are 4 (2 in region 2, 1 in region 3 and 1 in region 4) really good teams in 4a-D1 this year with a few on the bubble and it wouldn't surprise me to see any of them win it all year.  

As for Argyle they will have to beat either La Vega or Paris again at a neutral site,  to make it to the State Semi-Finals.  I don't believe that will be an easy task. 

Don't hand the trophy out yet, lots of football left to be played.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, coachkells said:

I have heard this over and over this year it is week 9 and in most years past Carthage is putting 35 on opponents in the first half.  Playoff are two weeks away, not that you will face a test until the fifth round, so you have a few more week to round in to form.  It looking more and more that this is who the Dawgs are this year. This week could be the teller whether or not Carthage can break this cycle,  but they will have a few more weeks before they will be tested again so the Dawgs will have time to straighten this out.  

There will be no more battle tested team then the team that comes out of Region 2.  A region that includes Stephenville, Argyle, Paris, La Vega, Celina, Melissa, and  Kennedale.  Like I said a few weeks ago there are 4 (2 in region 2, 1 in region 3 and 1 in region 4) really good teams in 4a-D1 this year with a few on the bubble and it wouldn't surprise me to see any of them win it all year.  

As for Argyle they will have to beat either La Vega or Paris again at a neutral site,  to make it to the State Semi-Finals.  I don't believe that will be an easy task. 

Yeah, what the heck do we know.  Only seen Carthage to state semis or further 8 times in the last 10 seasons.  We are probably not sure what good football looks like.  Half those teams you listed are "good" because you say they are "good".  La Vega is great and so is Argyle.  The other teams you listed aren't any better than the teams in Region 3.  

16 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Yeah, what the heck do we know.  Only seen Carthage to state semis or further 8 times in the last 10 seasons.  We are probably not sure what good football looks like.  Half those teams you listed are "good" because you say they are "good".  La Vega is great and so is Argyle.  The other teams you listed aren't any better than the teams in Region 3.  

I never said you don't know good football looks like.  Those team aren't good cause I say they are good they are good because they play good football. What regions 2 teams have you seen live or on film and don't tell me you saw there hudl highlights.  By no stretch of anyone imagination is region 3 close to region 2 in the quality of good football teams, prove me wrong.  

35 minutes ago, coachkells said:

I never said you don't know good football looks like.  Those team aren't good cause I say they are good they are good because they play good football. What regions 2 teams have you seen live or on film and don't tell me you saw there hudl highlights.  By no stretch of anyone imagination is region 3 close to region 2 in the quality of good football teams, prove me wrong.  

Why do I have to prove you wrong?  Paris lost to PG by a worse score than Henderson and Liberty Eylau.  Stephenville lost to Midlothian Heritage, who I believe is in Region 3.  Oh yeah, Kennedale lost to them too... So how good are they?

In the words of the late Dennis Green (RIP) "If you wanna crown em, crown their @$$!"

Dennis Green, Cardinals head coach, Coors light commercial, rant dennis green GIF

1 hour ago, coachkells said:

Smh. I find it hilarious how you talk about tough schedules when Carthage wrote the book on that. Remember the team in 2016 that won it all, it didn't click for them until after the first round. We hear this year in and year out. You're new to this. Most years when we won state, we looked horrible at points during the year. 2010 and 2016 definitely. We were a 3rd place team that year and won state. Carthage is probably the only team who hasn't had to go undefeated in class 4a to win state. Question, can you give me a percentage of Lavega's playbook you have seen. I promise Carthage has only open theirs up about 50 percent.

39 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

Why do I have to prove you wrong?  Paris lost to PG by a worse score than Henderson and Liberty Eylau.  Stephenville lost to Midlothian Heritage, who I believe is in Region 3.  Oh yeah, Kennedale lost to them too... So how good are they?

In the words of the late Dennis Green (RIP) "If you wanna crown em, crown their @$$!"

Dennis Green, Cardinals head coach, Coors light commercial, rant dennis green GIF

Paris is a totally different team right now! 

1 hour ago, coachkells said:

Stephenville, Paris, Kennedale, Celina, Melissa lol

52 minutes ago, JBizzle said:

+1

11 minutes ago, SilverCrush8 said:

Paris is a totally different team right now! 

Not better...just different.

2 hours ago, coachkells said:

I personallly have seen Argyle vs LE in Sulphur Springs a few weeks back; Argyle  mopped the floor with them; although LE DID have several players out with injuries... 

Argyle looked good that night, especially on Defense; The Offense was not the best I have ever seen, but, I’m sure they too, have gotten better since then.

I will believe Argyle is better than Carthage after/IF they beat Carthage late in December, but not before  then.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ctown81 said:

Smh. I find it hilarious how you talk about tough schedules when Carthage wrote the book on that. Remember the team in 2016 that won it all, it didn't click for them until after the first round. We hear this year in and year out. You're new to this. Most years when we won state, we looked horrible at points during the year. 2010 and 2016 definitely. We were a 3rd place team that year and won state. Carthage is probably the only team who hasn't had to go undefeated in class 4a to win state. Question, can you give me a percentage of Lavega's playbook you have seen. I promise Carthage has only open theirs up about 50 percent.

I would say 90% and it hasn' t been stopped.

1 hour ago, JBizzle said:

You are comparing the second best team in your region to the 4th and 5th team in region 2 and Stephenville is every bit as good as Midlothian that game could of gone either way. LV is the second best team in region 2 and blew Heritage out 45-18.  If you going to compare it let compare apples to apples.  

2 hours ago, JBizzle said:

And I'm pretty sure that Argyle and La Vega both handled LE a team that was leading into the 3rd Quarter against Carthage if you want to look at it that way.  

I find it curious someone has to come on here and create a thread with the intention of convincing the rest of us on how great his team is.  I've said for awhile now on here i thought my Dawgs would 3-peat but i haven't felt the need to start a thread telling everyone else to just throw in the towel and not bother.  The games still have to be played and will be settled on the field.  The OP seems a bit desperate, if you ask me.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, coachkells said:

And I'm pretty sure that Argyle and La Vega both handled LE a team that was leading into the 3rd Quarter against Carthage if you want to look at it that way.  

We need to be more consistent, much more in fact. None of us in Dawg nation expected a finished product in predistrict or even district. We still have time to work out the kinks.

5 minutes ago, DAWG91 said:

We need to be more consistent, much more in fact. None of us in Dawg nation expected a finished product in predistrict or even district. We still have time to work out the kinks.

I'm pretty sure I said that. Carthage still have plenty of time to work these things out.