Attention 4A D-1

TCU44

2 hours ago, coachkells said:

And I'm pretty sure that Argyle and La Vega both handled LE a team that was leading into the 3rd Quarter against Carthage if you want to look at it that way.  

I've also seen a state championship team get beat by Nacogdoches by 30 points.

2 hours ago, coachkells said:

And I'm pretty sure that Argyle and La Vega both handled LE a team that was leading into the 3rd Quarter against Carthage if you want to look at it that way.  

And as I pointed out earlier, Argyle faced a team that was not full strength... But this jibber-jabber settles nothing. If Carthage/Argyle face off in December, we’ll ALL know which team is better.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CarthDawg77 said:

And as I pointed out earlier, Argyle faced a team that was not full strength... But this jibber-jabber settles nothing. If Carthage/Argyle face off in December, we’ll ALL know which team is better.

The funny thing is I think Carthage is as good as it gets,  i made this statement I reference to region 2 being stronger then region 3.  Not to down Carthage someone was talking about how PG beat a couple of region 2 team worse then they beat a few region 3 team.  I was staying that is not a fair comparison.   Like comparing when Carthage played LE and when Argyle and LV played them.  

• Like 1

One game at a time until it's your last one for the season. Every team has won great games and lost the heart breakers. These are high school kids playing a game, in the end they have given their all. We are just proud of the opportunity to support our chosen team. Win or lose, I will be their until the game is over. Who cares which team is superior to all other teams, it takes an extraordinary effort to claim a Championship while out lasting all worthy opponents. Carthage has had success, but we have no control of our future. I will attend the state game regardless, it's a tradition that my 15 year old son and I started several years ago. May the best teams win. Go Dawgs!!!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, TCU44 said:

Argyle will win state and no team will stay within 2 TDS of them.They are by far the best team in 4A right now the way they are playing.Its not even close 

If I was you I would worry about Paris. They fumbled 8 times and had 14 penalties against Argyle and lost by 8 points. 

If they hang to the ball, they might find themselves in Jerry’s house. 

Argyle and LaVega are legit contenders for sure but Paris might be your huckleberry. 

The Dawgs will play one game at a time and hopefully it will be good enough to make it to Jerry’s house.