New Diana @ Elysian Fields

TTman7

16 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

One bad apple shouldn't spoil a bunch lol, I'm the farthest from any one those things, I fair and honest 

I got some good friends in EF, mainly some of those Rogers boys I played ball with years ago and got to know them through church also. When it comes to Waskom/EF football I have no friends but like you TDJ89 I try to be fair in my assessments.  

52 minutes ago, Wild74 said:

I got some good friends in EF, mainly some of those Rogers boys I played ball with years ago and got to know them through church also. When it comes to Waskom/EF football I have no friends but like you TDJ89 I try to be fair in my assessments.  

I've sat and stood along side my waskom friends for yrs watching the EF waskom games, I'm far gone from any hatred I got for sports between us, but I get the rivalry things with some lol

31 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I've sat and stood along side my waskom friends for yrs watching the EF waskom games, I'm far gone from any hatred I got for sports between us, but I get the rivalry things with some lol

Hatred is not a word I would use it’s all in good fun to me. I can’t help it that you’ve got thin skin.

EF s.u.c.k.s!

My mom was worse than any of this guys. Years after I graduated my parents moved out on American Plant road across from the Hayes family. Heath & Ty were the same ages as my nephews.She  told them that they were welcome at her house anytime but if they had EF shirts on they had to take off outside. There was many a time that I pulled up at their house and EF shirts would be hung up outside

10 minutes ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Hatred is not a word I would use it’s all in good fun to me. I can’t help it that you’ve got thin skin.

EF s.u.c.k.s!

I haven't said one thing that indicates I have thin skin, I have as much fun on here as anyone, but some of you have real issues about EF, your at the top of the list of them all who hates EF lol

2 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

I haven't said one thing that indicates I have thin skin, I have as much fun on here as anyone, but some of you have real issues about EF, your at the top of the list of them all who hates EF lol

There you again with that hate word. 

18 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

They’re scared to death. It doesn’t take much to get in their heads. Most no all fans treat their players like muts when they lose. You know that takes a toll on their state of mind. 

Ain’t that the truth I remember when Pewitt had those couple bad seasons people leaving games at halftime and hear nothing but trash talk from our own fans. 

17 hours ago, LSUTIGERS said:

Has nothing to do with a woman and everything to do with the arrogance that spews from 99% of the EF people.

99%? That is a high number. I think you may be a little off. And I think you may want to go back and read some of the old threads on Waskom games from the last 2-3 years and see how much arrogance is spewed from Waskom posters. You are the pot calling the kettle black with your quoted statement.

44 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

99%? That is a high number. I think you may be a little off. And I think you may want to go back and read some of the old threads on Waskom games from the last 2-3 years and see how much arrogance is spewed from Waskom posters. You are the pot calling the kettle black with your quoted statement.

Real life man not this forum. 99% may be a little high I’ll drop it to 95%. 

15 minutes ago, TTman7 said:

What kind of offense does EF use? Run heavy? Pass? Equal? 

Defense? How's the run and pass D? 

Offense is more of a spread look. 3 & 4 WR's with 1 or 2 RB's. I would say they have ran the ball more this year. Its probably 60/40 Run Pass ratio.

Defense is not very good in my opinion. Just being a realist and not having orange/white colored glasses on. Run D is not very good. Harmony, Waskom, & Paul Pewitt rammed it down our throats. Pass defense not very good either. Defense is definitely EF's weakest link.

What about New Diana? Same question or questions? Offense, Defense?

23 hours ago, DeBerryJacket said:

What about New Diana? Same question or questions? Offense, Defense?

Spread offense. In the games I've seen, probably about a 70/30 pass-run ratio. Offense is inconsistent. When clicking, can be pretty good. When not, it stalls. 

Defense is also inconsistent. Can stuff the run sometimes...other times gets it run over them. Pass D is so-so. 

I hate to beat a dead horse from week to week, but...#5 is a beast for us on offense & defense, WHEN his head is on straight. Very speedy and athletic. BUT, likes to flap his gums and get in pushing matches...has had LOTS of UC/PF penalties and been ejected once this season. If he's clicking against EF and keeps his head in the game and his mouth shut, then EF will have problems and ND will have a chance in this game. 

What's your input @Eagle27?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

Spread offense. In the games I've seen, probably about a 70/30 pass-run ratio. Offense is inconsistent. When clicking, can be pretty good. When not, it stalls. 

Defense is also inconsistent. Can stuff the run sometimes...other times gets it run over them. Pass D is so-so. 

I hate to beat a dead horse from week to week, but...#5 is a beast for us on offense & defense, WHEN his head is on straight. Very speedy and athletic. BUT, likes to flap his gums and get in pushing matches...has had LOTS of UC/PF penalties and been ejected once this season. If he's clicking against EF and keeps his head in the game and his mouth shut, then EF will have problems and ND will have a chance in this game. 

He's a good player, seen him play against some team at the Star last yr, but I really don't see #5 making that big of difference for ND to beat EF, its gonna take more than just him alone. 

1 hour ago, TTman7 said:

I couldn’t have said it better! 👍👍

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, TDJ89 said:

He's a good player, seen him play against some team at the Star last yr, but I really don't see #5 making that big of difference for ND to beat EF, its gonna take more than just him alone. 

It will be a team effort no doubt.  He will make all difference on defense...IMO 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Heard a lot about #5 from ND in a few of the threads on here. He is definitely respected as a player by other team's fans on here. Hopefully he won't beat us by himself.

I watched y’all play waskom and it will for sure be a team effort....no doubt.   It’s hard to crow to loud this year because we are such a young team, it really depends on their state of mind at kick off.  

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, DeBerryJacket said:

Heard a lot about #5 from ND in a few of the threads on here. He is definitely respected as a player by other team's fans on here. Hopefully he won't beat us by himself.

I agree and think he's known and well respected by other fanbases. But they also know what a knucklehead and liability he can be too. 

He's not a beat-you-by-himself kind of player/talent. But he is capable of sparking the offense & defense with big plays. Its definitely going to take a team effort around him. 

• Like 1