Gladewater @ Sabine

Bclove05

Gladewater @ Sabine  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Gladewater
    • Sabine

4 minutes ago, BearFan13 said:

Think most of GW who doesn’t get to catch the JV games feel the same way. 

From film in looks like they do a lot more shotgun formations with him. 

How much practice does he have with the varsity? That would be my main concern if I was a Bear fan. 

18 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

How much practice does he have with the varsity? That would be my main concern if I was a Bear fan. 

That’s a question only a few could probably answer. I’ll say this tho he probably won’t be asked to do too much. He has plenty of playmakers. His arm is as good or better than the starter and if needed he will be able to pass. The speed of the game will be different and the timing of the plays will be as well. He’s a talented athlete and I have no doubt he will be just fine. 

5 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

That’s a question only a few could probably answer. I’ll say this tho he probably won’t be asked to do too much. He has plenty of playmakers. His arm is as good or better than the starter and if needed he will be able to pass. The speed of the game will be different and the timing of the plays will be as well. He’s a talented athlete and I have no doubt he will be just fine. 

Yeah I don't think it will matter much unless we are able to stop Carter. Im sure we will try to get a lot of pressure on him.

6 minutes ago, GWBears01 said:

Seems like his dad didn’t know he was playing on Friday till later on Thursday so this could have been a last minute thing. But as you stated, he’s surrounded by playmakers. He’ll be fine 

4 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Yeah I don't think it will matter much unless we are able to stop Carter. Im sure we will try to get a lot of pressure on him.

I doubt GW comes out slinging it around.... besides that GW's passing game is either A) a roll out pass or B) a downfield shot that doesnt take long to develop.... GW maybe has been sacked 5-7 times this year 

2 minutes ago, bearnation said:

I doubt GW comes out slinging it around.... besides that GW's passing game is either A) a roll out pass or B) a downfield shot that doesnt take long to develop.... GW maybe has been sacked 5-7 times this year 

With that said I’d like to see them get rid of it a little quicker on the go routes. Keep under throwing TC because the ball is coming out late. Good thing is he usually still comes up with it 😁

1 hour ago, Bclove05 said:

I think the fact that Allen can run might help Eligia. Sabine won't be able to key on just him. 

By the way I was not saying Tristan can't run. He can and very well. I just don't think Tristan is asked to do too much running. I think Allen, because it's his first game on varsity, might just be in the situation to make a play with his feet. I do know this, he is fast and has an arm if needed.

After seeing the score of the JV game last night, question I want to ask is, who played QB & RB for the Bears? They sure didn't miss a beat with Allen not there.