Gladewater @ Sabine

Bclove05

Gladewater @ Sabine  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins

• Gladewater
    • Sabine

The field condition was pathetic last night. If you're not gonna spend money on turf at least quit playing Thursday night games when it has been raining every other day for the whole season. From hash to hash there was no grass it was absolutely pathetic. On to the game -- Sabine played well, as you all mentioned earlier in the week, the little shifty RB is hard to see behind them big o linemen. Sabine had yards against GW but GW gave up opening drive TD then after that Sabine had to settle for 3 FGs. Gladewater had about 8 penalties to Sabines 1 penalty (which was on an extra point and marked off on ensuing kickoff). A win is a win. On to Tatum. 

17 minutes ago, bearnation said:

The field condition was pathetic last night. If you're not gonna spend money on turf at least quit playing Thursday night games when it has been raining every other day for the whole season. From hash to hash there was no grass it was absolutely pathetic. On to the game -- Sabine played well, as you all mentioned earlier in the week, the little shifty RB is hard to see behind them big o linemen. Sabine had yards against GW but GW gave up opening drive TD then after that Sabine had to settle for 3 FGs. Gladewater had about 8 penalties to Sabines 1 penalty (which was on an extra point and marked off on ensuing kickoff). A win is a win. On to Tatum. 

And to think, If little ole Sabine could’ve punched those 3 FG into touchdowns it would have been a different outcome..

As for the field..GET OVER IT!! Adapting to field conditions and weather conditions is part of the game..

18 minutes ago, Champ77 said:

And to think, If little ole Sabine could’ve punched those 3 FG into touchdowns it would have been a different outcome..

As for the field..GET OVER IT!! Adapting to field conditions and weather conditions is part of the game..

If, if, if, we could play that game all night, but it wouldn't change the outcome.

Yes, adapting to field and weather conditions is part of the game, if indeed they can't be helped, but you can't tell me y'all don't have the money over there to upgrade your stadium. This has been an issue for years. I'm sure your players would appreciate it, especially those that risk injuries ever time they step on the field. Home field advantage is one thing but when you care so little about the safety of players and fans (your steps in stands are not fan friendly), then something should be said and done. 

At least next year y'all won't have to worry about seats for your drill team and fans. We have plenty of room on our visitor's side for y'all. 

Plus, while you are estatic about visiting teams being upset about your field, you might want to think about how much better your own team would do if you upgraded. Maybe those field goals would have turned into touchdowns.

56 minutes ago, Golfingnut said:

If, if, if, we could play that game all night, but it wouldn't change the outcome.

Yes, adapting to field and weather conditions is part of the game, if indeed they can't be helped, but you can't tell me y'all don't have the money over there to upgrade your stadium. This has been an issue for years. I'm sure your players would appreciate it, especially those that risk injuries ever time they step on the field. Home field advantage is one thing but when you care so little about the safety of players and fans (your steps in stands are not fan friendly), then something should be said and done. 

At least next year y'all won't have to worry about seats for your drill team and fans. We have plenty of room on our visitor's side for y'all. 

Plus, while you are estatic about visiting teams being upset about your field, you might want to think about how much better your own team would do if you upgraded. Maybe those field goals would have turned into touchdowns.

I agree the stadium could use a lot of upgrades..Restrooms, Better Steps, etc....

But as for the field, Yes turf would be a better  sight than grass BUT in my personal opinion I think a grass field is safer. Less chance to tear knees up and ankles. Less hyperextended injuries..

Thats just my opinion....

41 minutes ago, Champ77 said:

I agree the stadium could use a lot of upgrades..Restrooms, Better Steps, etc....

But as for the field, Yes turf would be a better  sight than grass BUT in my personal opinion I think a grass field is safer. Less chance to tear knees up and ankles. Less hyperextended injuries..

I can't disagree with you on that. I guess I'm just surprised y'all haven't put in turf. There are definitely pros and cons on both opinions. I know y'all love your Cardinals. I was on the home side last night and heard all the comments. I saw the players and fans still hanging out after the game to support your team. Despite the loss, a whole lot of congrats and encouragement going on. That's a great thing. There is a lot of great people over there. I know many personally. Gladewater is not a financially well off  district, and our stadium is 35 years old, but it's still one of the best in East Texas and all of Texas on the 3A level & even beats out many stadiums in 4A. I do hope Sabine can update in the near future. The kids and fans deserve it. 

All that being said, and although the field was not ideal, I, as a Bear fan was treated great. The game was a battle and I thought I might have a heart attack by game's end because of y'all's Cardiac Cardinals, but I enjoyed seeing the passion from your players and fans (well except that one fan that was really loud and obnoxious the whole game). 😉

Good luck to your Cardinals next week. I truly hope they make the playoffs. They deserve it!

41 minutes ago, Champ77 said:

Those steps are killers. I needed my mountain climbing equipment to get up them. J/k I'm way too old for that! 😊

3 hours ago, bearnation said:

1 hour ago, Golfingnut said:

I’m going to bet that a good field would have helped Gladewater more than it would Sabine.

It probably helped Sabine.

3 hours ago, Golfingnut said:

I can't disagree with you on that. I guess I'm just surprised y'all haven't put in turf. There are definitely pros and cons on both opinions. I know y'all love your Cardinals. I was on the home side last night and heard all the comments. I saw the players and fans still hanging out after the game to support your team. Despite the loss, a whole lot of congrats and encouragement going on. That's a great thing. There is a lot of great people over there. I know many personally. Gladewater is not a financially well off  district, and our stadium is 35 years old, but it's still one of the best in East Texas and all of Texas on the 3A level & even beats out many stadiums in 4A. I do hope Sabine can update in the near future. The kids and fans deserve it. 

All that being said, and although the field was not ideal, I, as a Bear fan was treated great. The game was a battle and I thought I might have a heart attack by game's end because of y'all's Cardiac Cardinals, but I enjoyed seeing the passion from your players and fans (well except that one fan that was really loud and obnoxious the whole game). 😉

Good luck to your Cardinals next week. I truly hope they make the playoffs. They deserve it!

Thanks for the kind words. I would be willing the to bet if we were more successful in football we would already have turf, plus we also had more important needs that have been taken care of the past few years and as well as this year with the new softball field being built. I would be all for getting turf because i think we are in a prime location to be able to host playoff games for smaller schools. Plus the home side always seems crowded every game even when were losing. Imagine what will happen when we start winning more frequently. You will have to deal with the loud guy a couple more years. His son is only a sophomore. 

24 minutes ago, Bclove05 said:

Thanks for the kind words. I would be willing the to bet if we were more successful in football we would already have turf, plus we also had more important needs that have been taken care of the past few years and as well as this year with the new softball field being built. I would be all for getting turf because i think we are in a prime location to be able to host playoff games for smaller schools. Plus the home side always seems crowded every game even when were losing. Imagine what will happen when we start winning more frequently. You will have to deal with the loud guy a couple more years. His son is only a sophomore. 

Haha

Yes, there are a lot of needs in most school districts and football isn't always #1 on the list. We just built a new school to replace 2 schools that can't be used for that purpose. We still need another one. Plus, I'm sure we could find some things even at our stadium that need updating. 

Hope y'all continue to improve and reap the success of your hard work.