Week 10 John Tyler @ Mesquite Poteet

cujoforlife

District 7 5a D1   

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who Will Win

13 hours ago, bingosmith said:

I was not at the game and definitely give JT props for the W. With that being said, Mc North had more first downs and total yards. That includes a 98 yard TD by JT. North outscored JT 22-7. Both teams were pretty evenly matched. I think the biggest problem is JT’s lack of balance on offense. 

JT’s lack of balance was due to not having your top 2 receivers play at all in the game. Most of north points in the 3rd and 4th came due to having a short field because of penalties a whopping 16 penalties at that. I don’t care what team you are ,16 penalties will keep any game close. Same thing when north played west, that 28 points they scored in the first game off of turnovers within west mesquites on 30-35 yard and that fumbled kick by west had them start on like the 15 yard line so it’s not like they had to go far to score, because when north actually had to drive down the field whether it was JT or west in some cases straight up with no help of penalties, etc. they were going 3 and out most of the time. 

3 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

JT’s lack of balance was due to not having your top 2 receivers play at all in the game. Most of north points in the 3rd and 4th came due to having a short field because of penalties a whopping 16 penalties at that. I don’t care what team you are ,16 penalties will keep any game close. Same thing when north played west, that 28 points they scored in the first game off of turnovers within west mesquites on 30-35 yard and that fumbled kick by west had them start on like the 15 yard line so it’s not like they had to go far to score, because when north actually had to drive down the field whether it was JT or west in some cases straight up with no help of penalties, etc. they were going 3 and out most of the time. 

So doesn't the opposing team have something to do with causing the turnovers and penalties??  I think so.  There is always a reason - the rain, having kids out, so on and so on.  The Mc North QB was out for weeks - no excuses.  He went out against Sherman and you know what Sherman kicked their tails they were the better team.  NO EXCUSES!

The truth is Mc North out gained JT.  Had every chance to beat them.  Try to give credit where credit is due.  Period.

2 hours ago, bingosmith said:

So doesn't the opposing team have something to do with causing the turnovers and penalties??  I think so.  There is always a reason - the rain, having kids out, so on and so on.  The Mc North QB was out for weeks - no excuses.  He went out against Sherman and you know what Sherman kicked their tails they were the better team.  NO EXCUSES!

The truth is Mc North out gained JT.  Had every chance to beat them.  Try to give credit where credit is due.  Period.

That’s the reason why they got lol!! If the north QB was there it would’ve been a different story. That’s like trying to say if tom Brady and rob gronkowski are out for a game you expect them to still win lmao. Or like trying to say if Lebron James is out for the rest of the season you still expect for the lakers to make the playoffs. Lol 😂. Sometimes it’s not the other team being good and it’s really just because of the other team not having all their main people. You think Allen would’ve won all the those championship if  kyler Murray would’ve missed all those games?? Nope. One or two great players or significant players in today’s age can get you a championship.  Or you can lose a if you don’t have them. Half of JT penalties were because of JT not because of McKinney. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

That’s the reason why they got lol!! If the north QB was there it would’ve been a different story. That’s like trying to say if tom Brady and rob gronkowski are out for a game you expect them to still win lmao. Or like trying to say if Lebron James is out for the rest of the season you still expect for the lakers to make the playoffs. Lol 😂. Sometimes it’s not the other team being good and it’s really just because of the other team not having all their main people. You think Allen would’ve won all the those championship if  kyler Murray would’ve missed all those games?? Nope. One or two great players or significant players in today’s age can get you a championship.  Or you can lose a if you don’t have them. Half of JT penalties were because of JT not because of McKinney. 

Oh - didn’t realize they were State Champion difference makers. Congrats on winning State😂😂😂

• LOL! 1

20 hours ago, cujoforlife said:

I’m not call it anything. It was a of the game. The rain limited what JT could do. It wasn’t until the stop that JT able to open up their playbook.

Of course you're not going to call it anything lol. I was at this game. West Mesquite lost this one. They're up 8 in the 3rd on the 10 going in to score and the WR trying to make an effort play fumbled  (JT also fumbled in the redzone but it was a hell of a play by the D-lineman, RB never had control of the ball).  Then in the fourth the JT QB throws an INT to West and the kid fumbles the INT. Both teams played in the rain, nothing was limited cause West still threw the football. West should've taken that game.  JT has a hell of a team but dont count out the Pirates.

10 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

In the predictions video or on your website? 

So we profiled the game yesterday in the podcast....(insiders only)...and it will be in my big mega write-up (my pick)....I'm not 100% sure if Tepper is including it in his picks video but my guess is he will

One thing I will say that will be the most intriguing part of this game is how will JT’s do against the physicality of poteets receviers because they got two massive receivers. One was listed 6-5 210 and the other one was 6-5 240.... my goodness.. if the secondary can hold up with size of their receiving core I will give them their due! Cause I don’t think we will see a receiving core this big for the rest of the season.  

3 minutes ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

One thing I will say that will be the most intriguing part of this game is how will JT’s do against then physicality of poteets recevier because they got two massive receivers. One was listed 6-5 210 and the other one was 6-5 240.... my goodness.. if the secondary can hold up with size of their receiving core I will give them their due! Cause I don’t think we will see a receiving core this big for the rest of the season.  

That's why Poteet impressed me so much...they've got a lot of weapons at the skill spots...key especially when they try to throw the ball is to get after the QB and make him hurry...

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, MattStepp said:

That's why Poteet impressed me so much...they've got a lot of weapons at the skill spots...key especially when they try to throw the ball is to get after the QB and make him hurry...

Yes they do indeed. The secondary has got to get physical with the receivers or they will be bouncing off of them like pinballs. To much arm tackling last week by JT against north and not enough actual tackling and getting the player down. But yes like you said about the QB from video I’ve seen it seems that he panics when he is under pressure and we need to JT front seven to get pressure. In JT’s two losses this season they could get no pressure on the quarterback so the quarterback had all day to throw and find his receivers. But if they can cause havoc up front on Friday then I’m taking JT since they will have all their weapons back on Friday. 

3 hours ago, kermit said:

Of course you're not going to call it anything lol. I was at this game. West Mesquite lost this one. They're up 8 in the 3rd on the 10 going in to score and the WR trying to make an effort play fumbled  (JT also fumbled in the redzone but it was a hell of a play by the D-lineman, RB never had control of the ball).  Then in the fourth the JT QB throws an INT to West and the kid fumbles the INT. Both teams played in the rain, nothing was limited cause West still threw the football. West should've taken that game.  JT has a hell of a team but dont count out the Pirates.

Well we will just agree to disagree 

2 hours ago, MattStepp said:

That is what Ryan did. He didn’t have the time to sit in the pocket. And the shut down the running game for the most part.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NODAYSOFFTX said:

Yes they do indeed. The secondary has got to get physical with the receivers or they will be bouncing off of them like pinballs. To much arm tackling last week by JT against north and not enough actual tackling and getting the player down. But yes like you said about the QB from video I’ve seen it seems that he panics when he is under pressure and we need to JT front seven to get pressure. In JT’s two losses this season they could get no pressure on the quarterback so the quarterback had all day to throw and find his receivers. But if they can cause havoc up front on Friday then I’m taking JT since they will have all their weapons back on Friday. 

I agree