Week 10: Alto Yellowjackets (5-3 | 2-1) @ Hawkins Hawks (2-6 | 0-3) - 11/2/18

StingEmALTO

Alto @ Hawkins  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Hawkins

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2018 at 12:30 AM

10 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I feel ya, our field was spongy and mushy, we had guys walking gingerly at the end tonight.. We down to about 20 starters at the moment.. Js 

I know I'm bouncing around but it will be a fast track next Friday in BS no matter what! Lol

27 minutes ago, knothead58 said:

I said it earlier in this thread that the people in hawkins had the chance to get turf this past spring and they voted it down... I could go into the whole reason to vote for it but I'll just say my home town was STUPID!

Sometimes hard to get a big project like that to pass, especially if your program is down. I always remember Hawkins as having a quality facility. Seems like they had a ton of money back in the 80s! It was nice going back there.....for me it’s been YEARS!

This game was the first shutout Alto has had since 11/6/2015 (vs Crossroads) and I must say I was happy about it (my apologies to the Hawkins folks). Before that, in 2014 we had 3: Buffalo, Grapeland, and Union Grove. We have had pretty good defenses over the years but something we have struggled with of late. Our team is a work in progress even in Week 10 so this was a definite positive. That and NO turnovers in the mud pit plus a limited number of penalties (I think 3) = progress and something to continue to build on. Good night for the Jackets. 

Area Roundup: Alto steam rolls Hawkins

Alto 55

Hawkins 00

HAWKINS — Alto coasted to a 55-0 beat down of the Hawkins Hawks on Friday in Hawkins. The Yellowjackets (6-3, 3-1) jumped out to a 42-0 lead at the break before putting things on cruise control in the second half. Hawkins (2-7, 0-4) is the last place outfit in District 10-2A-I. The Yellowjackets, who clinched second place in the league on Friday, will travel to Union Grove on Nov. 9 to wrap up the regular season.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/area-roundup-rusk-win-puts-eagles-in---a/article_dfb5859c-df24-11e8-9428-7f0897cfdfff.html