Big Sandy Wildcats Vs Price Carlisle Indians

upullinmychain

2 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

I think barring injuries you may be right. These young men are playing very good football. In the playoffs you need a good kicking game √ , solid defense √ and a good offense with a dual threat QB √. Carlisle has all three. State championship is theirs lose. All the elements are in place to win it 

I agree. Carlisle will definitely be a tough out for anyone. They are a very strong team! 

most dangerous advisary could be  big head and complacency..these kids know they are good and can comeback and win from behind if nessassary,hence the complacency comment.coaches greatest challenge could be keeping these youngster locked and loaded and at 100 all the time.FOCUS COULD BECOME AN ADVASERY..I believe in our coaches ability to get that job done and in proper increments,avoiding mental fatigue and burnout.

On 10/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, knothead58 said:

Ok since you Carlisle gents are talking to yourselfs I'll chime in... here is the deal bs will play their butts off the 1st half barring turnovers and have you worried then the gas tank will run out and Carlisle will run away but I think the game should be close until bs runs out if gas. Just too many 2 way players that have to play every play at 100% to go 4 quarters. Oh and then there's the kicking game I'm not even going there... info and should win but it should be competitive enough for Indians to play starters into the 4th quarter 

Carlisle's entire team goes both ways and many never leave the field till halftime,we are the definite sir of IRON MAN FOOTBALL,as are most teams in our dist and region..we are just able to play at a higher level this year as opposed to most years..strength and condition program is stellar at the Indian U..lol 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Carlisle's entire team goes both ways and many never leave the field till halftime,we are the definite sir of IRON MAN FOOTBALL,as are most teams in our dist and region..we are just able to play at a higher level this year as opposed to most years..strength and condition program is stellar at the Indian U..lol 

But I thought none of the starters play most of the 2nd half.... especially with the beatings they have handed out this year... lol! Seriously I should clarify that it's mental fatigue and not being disciplined for BS. From what I've seen this Carlisle team maybe the most disciplined to date

2 minutes ago, knothead58 said:

You just put a curse on them.... lol

To be fair, we don't do alot of unnecessary moving around in our sets, they are come out and go set pretty quickly most plays. Last year we would get a little cute and move multiples all the dang time and somebody would go in motion at the wrong time... Sometimes simple is better.. Js. 

• Like 1

On 10/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, knothead58 said:

Ok since you Carlisle gents are talking to yourselfs I'll chime in... here is the deal bs will play their butts off the 1st half barring turnovers and have you worried then the gas tank will run out and Carlisle will run away but I think the game should be close until bs runs out if gas. Just too many 2 way players that have to play every play at 100% to go 4 quarters. Oh and then there's the kicking game I'm not even going there... info and should win but it should be competitive enough for Indians to play starters into the 4th quarter 

Ten of Carlisle’s starters go both ways. Only suited up 21 against Union Grove because of injuries , so if Big Sandy loses, I don’t think you can blame it on running out of gas. Big Sandy coach told me he suits up 35.

1 hour ago, Playfor77 said:

Ten of Carlisle’s starters go both ways. Only suited up 21 against Union Grove because of injuries , so if Big Sandy loses, I don’t think you can blame it on running out of gas. Big Sandy coach told me he suits up 35.

I'm betting from the scores they don't play much past the middle of the 3rd quarter if possible and that's because their very good at tbe execution of what they do. If they lose (bs) it'll be because they got beat simple as that. 

5 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

To be fair, we don't do alot of unnecessary moving around in our sets, they are come out and go set pretty quickly most plays. Last year we would get a little cute and move multiples all the dang time and somebody would go in motion at the wrong time... Sometimes simple is better.. Js. 

Sometimes less is more

Big Sandy always plays us tough,I expect nothing less than their best.this is somewhat of a grudge match if you will,the boys always talk smack between themselves on social media and it tightens up the game for awhile.last few times we've played it has been with a hard hitting attitude.should be a good game for awhile.

1 hour ago, upullinmychain said:

Big Sandy always plays us tough,I expect nothing less than their best.this is somewhat of a grudge match if you will,the boys always talk smack between themselves on social media and it tightens up the game for awhile.last few times we've played it has been with a hard hitting attitude.should be a good game for awhile.

Grudge matches are fun!! Adds a little something!

On 10/29/2018 at 3:49 PM, knothead58 said:

I'm betting from the scores they don't play much past the middle of the 3rd quarter if possible and that's because their very good at tbe execution of what they do. If they lose (bs) it'll be because they got beat simple as that. 

Our guys rotate in and out of the game from the opening kickoff till final whistle.if you are selected to play on varsity you aren't really a backup you are the other guy that plays that position,if you watch closely you will see a guy play 3-4 plays and somebody comes in and a guy moves over a position and they rotate in and out..seems to work for us.

• Like 1