Big Sandy Wildcats Vs Price Carlisle Indians

upullinmychain

40 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

WEEK or so back, we had Jamion deep and Gerald and trey up close and Jay somewhere in between.. Lol kick it anywhere in bounds and good chance of a nice return... Hahahaha 

Mostly Squibb kicks out of bounds! I know they are very good athletes but doubt they even kick it in bounds. If you're in the standsaround the 45  pay attention or you might get a football in your lap! 

23 minutes ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

This is off topic but I always hear about the 83 Daingerfield Tigers. Only allowing 8 points. I had no idea or even heard of the 75 Big Sandy squad. They only allowed 15 points but their offense set the national scoring record that stood for 20 years. 870 something. And that was sitting the stars out half the game. Why is this squad not talked about as in high regard as the 83 tigers? To me those numbers are even more impressive. Serious question. 

That was David Overstreet, Lovie Smith (yes that Lovie Smith) and David Chalk among others. I covered them in the playoffs and they dominated everyone. Jim Norman was the coach and was elected mayor.

1 hour ago, NATUREBOY98 said:

This is off topic but I always hear about the 83 Daingerfield Tigers. Only allowing 8 points. I had no idea or even heard of the 75 Big Sandy squad. They only allowed 15 points but their offense set the national scoring record that stood for 20 years. 870 something. And that was sitting the stars out half the game. Why is this squad not talked about as in high regard as the 83 tigers? To me those numbers are even more impressive. Serious question. 

Maybe because of the caliber of teams each faced on their schedule??? How big was Big Sandy back then? We were 3A

1 hour ago, Playfor77 said:

That was David Overstreet, Lovie Smith (yes that Lovie Smith) and David Chalk among others. I covered them in the playoffs and they dominated everyone. Jim Norman was the coach and was elected mayor.

Gary  Chalk, Larry Cuba, David Over Street and Lovie Smith we're all great atheltes.

I played against them. Chalk would ride the ball along side Overstreet 10 or so yards down field and if you took Overstreet then Chalk would pull the ball away from David and go to the house with it. If he gave it to Overstreet you could go ahead and put 6 on the board. Option at it's finest.

11 hours ago, RipperRipper said:

Lovie played tackle on offense. That should tell you something about the skill positions.

When I covered Big Sandy, Lovie played tight end and middle linebacker. He was a superior tight end, but totally dominated at middle linebacker. His mother once had a dream that he would be the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, I think maybe it’s time for that to become a reality.

36 minutes ago, Playfor77 said:

When I covered Big Sandy, Lovie played tight end and middle linebacker. He was a superior tight end, but totally dominated at middle linebacker. His mother once had a dream that he would be the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys, I think maybe it’s time for that to become a reality.

I agree about the coaching thing. Concerning Lovie, he may have played tight end. I know he played LB on defense cause he forearmed a friend of mine who was an offensive guard and our coach had to put smelling salts under his nose to get his head back right after that shiver.

55 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

RipperRipper, you get to start the thread on the Hawkins game next week, I ain't having no luck getting one to go past fiddy posts... And most of them mine... Damn I need some new material I guess.. Js 

Your material is top notch Chain. If we were down this year we would have 8 pages by now. There would be all kinds of smack talk going on. I really don't blame anyone for not wanting to get that rolling this year.

24 minutes ago, RipperRipper said:

Your material is top notch Chain. If we were down this year we would have 8 pages by now. There would be all kinds of smack talk going on. I really don't blame anyone for not wanting to get that rolling this year.

I ain't scared to smack it up when we down...I was talking bs last year knowing we was gonna get knocked the hell out..lol