Coach of the year as of now:

Destry

2 hours ago, ScoreMaster said:

Huntington coach has done a great job. However, their 3 wins are against teams that have combined for a total of 2 wins all year, and both of those wins were by Tarkington. Do they deserve a big praise? Yes, first time making the playoffs in school history. But coach of the year? I don't think so. Based off the fact that to make the playoffs they had to beat one team. If they had to win 2 games to make playoffs and they did then I would be all for it, but not for 1 win.

I didn’t even think that I had to mention the teams they beat. I was trying to be nice. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ScoreMaster said:

Huntington coach has done a great job. However, their 3 wins are against teams that have combined for a total of 2 wins all year, and both of those wins were by Tarkington. Do they deserve a big praise? Yes, first time making the playoffs in school history. But coach of the year? I don't think so. Based off the fact that to make the playoffs they had to beat one team. If they had to win 2 games to make playoffs and they did then I would be all for it, but not for 1 win.

How long have they had to beat one team to make the playoffs? I don’t remember when the playoff format was changed 

2 hours ago, eagle34 said:

To semi quote Jerry Jones- A 100 Coaches could win at Tatum with the talent they have...

Dude has engineered a coaching staff that has this young team in the district drivers seat with 7 freshmen and 12 sophomores and putting up 471 ypg and 41.4 ppg with only 2 senior skill position players, the rest are fresh and soph. Hylander is earning his keep this year. We aren't supposed to be contending for another year or two......

13 minutes ago, Eagle8 said:

Dude has engineered a coaching staff that has this young team in the district drivers seat with 7 freshmen and 12 sophomores and putting up 471 ypg and 41.4 ppg with only 2 senior skill position players, the rest are fresh and soph. Hylander is earning his keep this year. We aren't supposed to be contending for another year or two......

Contending a year early usually leads to domination in the future and possibly a shot at a ring.

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

Never hurts to have talent.

Huntington.  U take a place that has never been to playoffs and their record for a season in history is 3 wins. It don't make a rip who u beat and to keep the kids believing this late after only a couple of victories is awesome.  Unless you have ever coached in a situation like this you can't even imagine how hard that is.  Congrats to all involved 

43 minutes ago, Poolboy said:

Huntington.  U take a place that has never been to playoffs and their record for a season in history is 3 wins. It don't make a rip who u beat and to keep the kids believing this late after only a couple of victories is awesome.  Unless you have ever coached in a situation like this you can't even imagine how hard that is.  Congrats to all 

They have only 3 wins this year and a win over Tarkington is what got them the playoff bid. Hats off to them for securing their first ever playoff bid but what part of 30% win percentage screams coach of the year? I am tickled to death they got in...thats awesome. But a 3-7 coach of the year? 🤔

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Eagle8 said:

They have only 3 wins this year and a win over Tarkington is what got them the playoff bid. Hats off to them for securing their first ever playoff bid but what part of 30% win percentage screams coach of the year? I am tickled to death they got in...thats awesome. But a 3-7 coach of the year? 🤔

I dont get it either