cushing vs union grove

grinder

21 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Looks like 1997 is the only year with more than 10 games:

http://www.smoaky.com/statsrecords/View.php?ArticleID=703

In 1990, I believe they had a game canceled due to weather or something else but that was the first year they went.

many years before they finished 2nd, third or 4th when only the district champion moved on.

when I moved to Cushing in 1979...they were in a District with Alto, Arp, Troup, Bullard, Elkart and Winona I think....

they moved down to class A in 82 and was in there with Union Hill, Tenaha, Overton, Carlisle, Leverett’s Chapel and Mount Enterprise. 

17 hours ago, Destry said:

HulaKat, believe it or not I did my student teaching under Buddy when he was at Garrison. Now lives down at Pineland. Good coach.

Ol Buddy Pierce was a tough one... he was nearly 60 (maybe mid-50’s)when he was coaching us and he would challenge us all the time... one day told a few of us quarter guys to get on the track... that he was gonna race us for a quarter... this guy could still haul #%%.... he said no one better get beat by him or it was gonna be hurt and discontent in the evening workout ....lol

On 10/31/2018 at 8:13 PM, Destry said:

Been a fan of Cushing as far back as the Robert Sides days.

I go back to Robert Sitton and Pete Jackson, and cheering for all those 0-10 seasons so I am happy to see the Kats doing much Better. Let the man coach and parents stay out of the equation, and they may be moving on up. Hopefully, this is what will happen in my hometown! Once a Bearkat, always a Bearkat (Galkat). 

• Like 1