2A Division 1 Region 3 Playoff Talk

villagegenius

Season starting to wind down, playoff picture starting to clear up. Here’s how I see the districts finishing up and thus matching up.

District 9

1 Leon, 2 Centerville , 3 Normangee, 4 Cayuga

Leon & CV play week 11. Kerens gotta bear Normangee by right amount of points to get in with a 3 way tiebreaker. 

District 10

1 Carlisle, 2 Alto, 3 Big Sandy, 4 Cushing

Union Grove could take the 4 spot with a win over Cushing this week, but I think cushing takes it. Would take a orettt significant couple of upsets for this order to change. 

District 11

1 Garrison, 2 Tenaha, 3 Timpson, 4 Joaquin

This one is still way up in the air, and really is completely unpredictable right now. 5 teams still alive for 3 spots. Could go into week 11 with all 5 teams still in it. My best guess is Tenaha beats Joaquin and LK to claim the 2. Timpson beats Beckville to force a 3 way tie with themselves, Joaquin and LK. With my elementary math skills I have that tie breaker being Timpson +3, Joaquin +3 and LK -6. Timpson gets the higher seed over Joaquin due to head to head. 

District 12

1 San Augustine, 2 Shelbyville, 3 West Sabine, 4 Groveton

Groveton could make a mess of things by beating shelbyville this week. Shelbyville will go into SA week 11 with a chance to win the district crown either way, but don’t see them beating SA. Hull-Daisetta finishes up with West sabine and Groveton so they can still be a major player for a playoff spot. 

So with my predictions the bracket would set up like this for the Bi-District round

Shelbyville vs Timpson

Leon vs Cushing

Tenaha vs West sabine

Carlisle vs Cayuga

Alto vs Normangee

Garrison vs Groveton

Centerville vs Big Sandy

San Augustine vs Joaquin

Alright, alright, alright. time to update.

District 9. Pretty straight forward. 

1 & 2 to be decided with Leon vs Centerville

Normangee is 3 w/ W OR Cayuga L

Cayuga is 4 w/ W

IF Kerens beats Normangee AND Cayuga wins then we have a 3 way tie. Points currently sit (using 17 as the cutoff) Cayuga +11, Normangee, +6, Kerens -17. Cayuga would be the 3 seed for sure in this scenario and Kerens would need to win by 11 to get the 4 seed.

District 10. Really straight forward.

Carlisle locked in as 1. Alto locked in as 2. Cushing and Big Sandy are playing for seeding. 

District 11. Clear as mud. (Thanks Joaquin)

Garrison is locked in as the 1 seed. Joaquin can claim the 2 seed w/ W or Tenaha loss

IF JOAQUIN WINS:

Tenaha & Beckville win would be 3 Tenaha & 4 Beckville

Tenaha & Timpson win would be 3 Tenaha & 4 Timpson

LK & Beckville win would come down to points between the 3. Tenaha +17, Beckville -6, LK -11

LK & Timpson win would be 3 LK & 4 Tenaha. (Timpson lost to both)

IF JOAQUIN LOSES (omg please don’t)

Tenaha & Beckville win would be 2 Tenaha, 3 Joaquin, 4 Beckville 

Tenaha & Timpson win would be 2 Tenaha, 3 Timpson, 4 Joaquin 

LK & Beckville win would be a 4 way tie. 

Joaquin would be 2 due to 3-0 record against other 3. And we’re back to the points system of Tenaha +17, Beckville -6, LK -11.

LK & Timpson win would be a 4 way tie. 

Joaquin would be 2 due to 2-1 record & Head to Head over LK would be 3 with 2-1 record. Tenaha would be 4 with head to head over Timpson. Both Tenaha and Timpson would be 1-2 vs other 3.

District 12. Also straight forward. 

San augustine and Shekbyville battling for 1 and 2. West Sabine is locked in as the 3 seed. Groveton and Hull-Daisetta battling for the 4 seed. 

• Like 2

So best I can tell, there are only 4 seeds (not spots) that are locked up. 

In district 10, Carlisle and Alto are locked in as 1 and 2. 

In district 11, Garrison is locked in as the 1.

in district 12, West Sabine is locked in as the 3. 

What a fun region this has been to follow and is going to be over the course of the next 5 weeks to determine a champion. 

47 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

I love this region..there are so many teams that can and will punch your ticket to the house,it ain't even funny boy..lolgiphy.gif

I just want whoever comes out of our region to win state! Unless we have to.listen to wolfman then i.maybe against it lol

58 minutes ago, knothead58 said:

I just want whoever comes out of our region to win state! Unless we have to.listen to wolfman then i.maybe against it lol

We went farther last year than Big Sandy has been since the 70's...but I stay humble.  😗

• LOL! 1

17 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Think ours can do a good enough job to let our offense win it, if and I really mean if our kids can get and stay healthy.. That's a big dam if.. 

Well I havent seen yall yet lol.  But I believe Carlisle might be the one to have enough defense.  Guess we will find out soon.

29 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Alot more games to go if we wanna make it to the dance.

Ya’ll are gonna be the opposite of  the rest of the region. Most of the region will have relatively easy to pick 1st round games and then super competitive 2nd round games. Ya’ll meanwhile are going to get a slobber knocker in round 1 and if you survive be easy to pick for the W in round 2. 

1 hour ago, villagegenius said:

Ya’ll are gonna be the opposite of  the rest of the region. Most of the region will have relatively easy to pick 1st round games and then super competitive 2nd round games. Ya’ll meanwhile are going to get a slobber knocker in round 1 and if you survive be easy to pick for the W in round 2. 

I think we can easily beat Timpson... beckville might make it a game....we will see who it will be!

6 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

I think we can easily beat Timpson... beckville might make it a game....we will see who it will be!

Timpson may give SA a hard time. They have the best run-stopping LB I’ve seen this year. #56 likes to create collisions at the LOS. If SA doesn’t have their passing game up to snuff, he could make things interesting.