2A Division 1 Region 3 Playoff Talk

villagegenius

9 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

This is the first time in history that all five Shelby County teams have made the playoffs. 3 #2 seeds (Center, Joaquin, Shelbyville), 1 #3 (Tenaha) 1 #4 (Timpson). I don’t know Center’s matchup, but Joaquin plays West Sabine, Tenaha plays Shelbyville, and Timpson faces San Augustine. 

Center should be playing Liberty.

I was wondering if this was the first time in Shelby County history. I bet not very many counties can say that with five or more towns, that has made this accomplishment in their high school football history, outside of the big cities. 

13 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

This is the first time in history that all five Shelby County teams have made the playoffs. 3 #2 seeds (Center, Joaquin, Shelbyville), 1 #3 (Tenaha) 1 #4 (Timpson). I don’t know Center’s matchup, but Joaquin plays West Sabine, Tenaha plays Shelbyville, and Timpson faces San Augustine. 

All five Rusk County teams that play 11 man football made the playoffs - Henderson, Tatum, West Rusk, Carlisle and Mt. Enterprise. Leverett’s Chapel plays 6 man and I don’t think made playoffs.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Playfor77 said:

All five Rusk County teams that play 11 man football made the playoffs - Henderson, Tatum, West Rusk, Carlisle and Mt. Enterprise. Leverett’s Chapel plays 6 man and I don’t think made playoffs.

Was thinking this exact same thing this morning but got busy with personal stuff and didn't have time to proof it before I would post it.

4 hours ago, Playfor77 said:

That’s impressive as well, but would I be correct in saying that those five are all in different districts? Three of the Shelby County teams are in the same district, and it is widely recognized as the toughest 2A district in the state. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

That’s impressive as well, but would I be correct in saying that those five are all in different districts? Three of the Shelby County teams are in the same district, and it is widely recognized as the toughest 2A district in the state. 

Only two are in the same classification..js 

9 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Only two are in the same classification, West Rusk and Tatum, and they are in the same district. If you want to think your’s is more impressive, that’s fine. I just stated a fact and that’s where I’m leaving it.

40 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Tough thing to do in that district

51 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

Wow, that’s too long!  It would’ve been Alto in 2007 and 2006 before that.

Yep, way too long. 

Correct. Alto is the ONLY team to win what is now the 2A D1 title coming out of Region 3. Prior to ‘06 there was only one trophy in the old 1A. 

22 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Correct. Alto is the ONLY team to win what is now the 2A D1 title coming out of Region 3. Prior to ‘06 there was only one trophy in the old 1A. 

Time for somebody in Region 3 to step up! No wonder Region 4 is the favorite of 2A D1 year in and year out. Hoping WE (insert your favorite team here....you know mine! Lol) can change that soon.