MavGrad's NCAA Football Week 10 Preview

Coach Rab

Most likely P5 team to jump from Worst to First in 2019-2020? (based on current conference record)  

12 members have voted

1. 1. Most likely P5 team to jump from Worst to First in 2019-2020? (based on current conference record)

• Louisville (ACC)
    • North Carolina (ACC)
    • TCU (B12)
    • Illinois (B10)
    • Rutgers (B10)
    • Oregon St (PAC12)
    • Arizona St (PAC12)
    • Missouri (SEC)
    • Arkansas (SEC)

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2018 at 04:00 PM

The results of last week's poll are in:

The team most likely to play their way IN to the playoffs was Oklahoma with 35% of the vote.

The team most likely to play their way OUT of the playoffs was a tie with Michigan and Texas with sharing 29% of the votes.

---------------------------------------------

GAMES WE CARE ABOUT

#20 Texas A&M at Auburn  11:00 AM  ESPN

I can't tell you why I am picking this...  but I believe Auburn wins this one.  I think these 2 teams are evenly matched, A&M is better coached, they have been proven to be more disciplined so far this year, and the QB situation isn't as dire as it was a year ago...  While Auburn has been a complete mess when you line them up with our expectations to begin the year... But this pick is solely on a hunch... no real logic behind it....  Auburn by 3.

Oklahoma St at Baylor  11:00 AM  FS1

Impossible to pick an upset here.  Baylor is improved, but not equipped for an upset.  The late on a payment Oklahoma St Twitter Haters by 17.

#13 West Virginia at #17 Texas  2:30  FOX

I am picking against all of the other Texas schools... so why not this one?  Well, I will tell you why...  The only time that Holgorsen's teams struggle is when they play athletic, talented, and well-organized defenses.  For that reason only, Texas by 5.

#1 Alabama at #3 LSU  7:00 CBS

The news coverage of this game is so widespread, that I am not going to type up a page long essay on this game... But I do have a great quote from Ed O...  He was on Golic and Wingo this morning and was asked "How does your defense feel about this game?"  He responded with "Them boys walkin around like roosters." :lol: This is going to be a hell of a game... at night... in Baton Rouge.  So naturally, Tigers by 14.

#7 Oklahoma at Texas Tech  7:00  ABC

This was a game I was actually looking forward to seeing... until I saw that it was up against LSU and Bama... Anyways, Coach GQ is still trying to save his job and will play OU tough, but come up short.  OU by 7.

OTHER GAMES TO WATCH

#6 Georgia at #9 Kentucky  2:30  CBS

Who would have ever thought that this game may determine the SEC East Champion?  Looking at this match up, there is only 2 things Kentucky has to do to win this game... Play the best defense they ever have, and control the clock...  Georgia by 14.

#14 Penn St at #5 Michigan  2:45  ESPN

I said it last week... Michigan is legit.  Wolverines by 10.

41 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

#20 Texas A&M at Auburn  11:00 AM  ESPN

I can't tell you why I am picking this...  but I believe Auburn wins this one.  I think these 2 teams are evenly matched, A&M is better coached, they have been proven to be more disciplined so far this year, and the QB situation isn't as dire as it was a year ago...  While Auburn has been a complete mess when you line them up with our expectations to begin the year... But this pick is solely on a hunch... no real logic behind it....  Auburn by 3.

A&M takes this if it's a home game, but I think Gus does just enough to win. 

44 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

#13 West Virginia at #17 Texas  2:30  FOX

I am picking against all of the other Texas schools... so why not this one?  Well, I will tell you why...  The only time that Holgorsen's teams struggle is when they play athletic, talented, and well-organized defenses.  For that reason only, Texas by 5.

Texas seems to be doing that "we beat teams we shouldn't, then lose to teams we shouldn't" this year. 

UT shouldn't have lost to Okie State, but they did. They shouldn't beat West Virginia, but they will

2 minutes ago, AKA said:

That's what I'm thinking too...  it's totally irrational, but the more and more I look at this, the more I want to take LSU. 

I have that same feeling too... And I can't decide whether it's me thinking they can win or me just wanting them to win haha

4 minutes ago, ETXfan16 said:

I have that same feeling too... And I can't decide whether it's me thinking they can win or me just wanting them to win haha

I am telling you, if Orlando does his magic like he does in big games, Texas will win...  Holgerson teams fold when they can't score.

My first real free Saturday, I’m a little under the weather, and I did the big honey-dos last weekend. I’m going to sit in my oversized recliner and watch ATM-Auburn at 11, WVU-Texas at 2:30, and OU-Tech at 7. It shall be a glorious occasion! 

I think Georgia rolls Kentucky, the wildcats were beat by Mizzou last week but they were bailed out by officials. Kentucky can’t score on offense, they are the worst top 10 team. 

Michigan is legit, I agree with you. 

I’m excited to finally watch a full game of other schools. 

46 minutes ago, MavGrad99 said:

#7 Oklahoma at Texas Tech  7:00  ABC

This was a game I was actually looking forward to seeing... until I saw that it was up against LSU and Bama... Anyways, Coach GQ is still trying to save his job and will play OU tough, but come up short.  OU by 7.

This is the first, ahem, "test" of the Ruffin era. Not that Tech is all that good, but TCU and KState were pretty much run-first offenses, and lousy at that.

For all the (valid) criticisms of Coach GQ, he's a good offensive coordinator.  I think he'll find ways to attack the soft spots in OU's defense that TCU/KSU just couldn't. 

OU should win this one big, but they will not hold Tech under 300 yards... or 30 points. 

1 hour ago, MavGrad99 said:

#14 Penn St at #5 Michigan  2:45  ESPN

I said it last week... Michigan is legit.  Wolverines by 10.

This is another one of those games where logic goes out the window. For reasons that no one will understand, Penn State will suddenly look like worldbeaters. McSorley will put himself in the Heisman race with a big game on a big stage. 

I'm calling the upset: Penn State wins in dominating fashion.