Week Eleven: Longview vs Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-0, 5-0) vs Mesquite Skeeters (5-3, 3-2)  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite in a close one
    • Mesquite in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2018 at 01:30 AM

13 minutes ago, Quick said:

And, out of all the accomplishments your era has 

13 district championships

15 playoff appearances, 6 quarterfinal apperances, 4 semifinal appearances, 2 state championship apperances

What'd yall do to match that? 

You said King's era is no better so what are Bero's numbers?

Just now, ANTI said:

You slipped up and mentioned you were class of '99 a while back..or was it 2000?

Either way, it ain't '98.

I played on the '97 team. I was a part of one of the greatest teams that has come through. That's my team just like the freshmen and J.V. teams that I played on. 

That's my era of family and friends that I grew up with ever since the J. L. Everhart Kindergarten on M.L.K. Hell, that's just like discrediting the accomplishments that Fred Talley contributed just because he too graduated in '99. We don't beat Lufkin in '97 without the 2 juniors in Fred Talley and Jamie Brown blowing the doors open with their contributions.

Boy, get on somewhere. Like, I said. Most of us are in the same section standing up by the the handicap ramp assisting the elderly and disabled people up and down. But, you can bring that same rhetoric tomorrow night around all of us since you know so damn much. I never seen someone so intent on having to wake up to a intravenous drip bag. 

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, ANTI said:

13 district championships

15 playoff appearances, 6 quarterfinal apperances, 4 semifinal appearances, 2 state championship apperances

What'd yall do to match that? 

You said King's era is no better so what are Bero's numbers?

ZERO TITLES. Same as us. Please, go on somewhere and wash your crusty, butt. I recommend HOT, soap and water.

6 hours ago, Quick said:

What in the hell do we have to gain by rooting against our own alumni.

I dunno, but you've got people like TheFootballFan (who you've decided to carry water for) posting smiley faces when our players get hurt because in his mind maybe our team won't be as strong and may lose a game, making him "right". Never mind the fact that he claims we'll lose every other week.... If the blind squirrel finds a nut because one of our players got hurt, that's all the better for him. 

• LOL! 2
  • Stinks 1

I just want to add my two cents to Quick and ANTI.  I have been on both sides. Green Goggles Lobo fan and after being let down time and time and time and time again I see exactly what Quick is saying.  We all look at the Lobos in the best perspective with HIGH hopes. Then the fire gets put out.  It took me years to get over the South Garland loss, and taught me a lesson.  Green Goggles got taken off.

I still believe in our Lobos and want a State Championship just like we all do.  It takes a good team( not great) and a lot of things to go your way and a lot of luck to win a State Championship in Texas.  We have had the teams.  Not the luck. 1998 was a very good team. Top ranked in the state and deserved.   They beat Duncanville in Preseason who went on to win state.  That was a heartbreaking year too, but not a bad team at all.  

What I’m saying is this, it will take winning one to get this program over the hump just like Allen, Katy, etc..    

Lets look at why so many Lobo fans are skeptical, our old district.  Lufkin, Longview, , Marshall, John Tyler, Tyler Lee, Pine Tree, Nacogdoches, Texas High.   The only teams from that district not to win a modern era state championship. Pine Tree , Nac , and Longview.  Some great teams and talent but no title.  We are tired and weary and reserved sometimes. That is ALL of us, Me included.  07, Wolf all of us got down on the Lobos at times and King as well.  We can’t control the players, coaching or luck, but we can control the atmosphere, the noise the excitement.   Set the tone Lobo fans.  

We have the team this year, I believe we have the coaching. The luck will be what it is.  We all love the Lobos.  At least the true Lobos love our Lobos.  I hope it all comes together for all our fans, players and coaches, we deserve it.  These kids want to win it for themselves, but they want to win it for Quick for ANTI  for all the former Lobos and family.  

So lets be Lobos, we all bleed green from the Mustangs to the Bears to the Dragons to the Eagles to the Lobos.   Lobos against Everyone!!! Except Our own family, the Longview Lobos.  Beat Mesquite then Everyone.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, 85lobooldschool said:

I didn’t see the score thanks ANTI.  Way to go Lobos!!!!

Pretty impressive dominating season by the JV despite their top 5 best players (Meredith, M.Haynes, Powell, Hale and Jackson-Jamerson) being on varsity. That sophomore class is something.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ANTI said:

On another note, didn't see it posted anywhere.

Longview JV beat Mesquite 34-14. They finish 10-0 on the year.

Longview 9th tied with Mesquite 36-36. They finish 5-4-1 on the year.  

Man. What happened to the Freshman team? Back in my day, Freshman/JV teams never lost. Or if they did, it was extremely rare.