Week Eleven: Longview vs Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-0, 5-0) vs Mesquite Skeeters (5-3, 3-2)  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite in a close one
    • Mesquite in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2018 at 01:30 AM

Props to Mesquite. They came in and went toe-to-toe in the first half. Things got a little chippy right before halftime, but it brought out the fight in the Lobos. They came out in the second half and took control.

Like someone mentioned earlier, having someone come in to our house and sock us in the mouth is a good thing. I hope it reminds these young men that anything can happen on any given Friday night, because we're now in the part of the season where it's win or go home. 

The Lobos need to come out next week and dominate Cove in every facet of the game. 

• Like 1

Just saying..

Here is the latest Freeman computer 6A ranking, Nov 5, 2018.
-

Rank School W-L Rating SOS
1 Allen 9-0 74.2 39.7
2 Longview 9-0 74.1 42.6
3 North Shore 9-0 72 32.5
4 Duncanville 8-0 67.1 24.7
5 Carroll 9-0 65 41.4
6 Cedar Hill 8-1 63.8 40.5
7 Katy 8-1 63.7 37.8
8 Judson 8-0 59.7 29.4
9 Cypress Ranch 9-0 58.9 23.2

1 hour ago, JohnnyFootball said:

When a coach tanks a game to avoid playing you instead of going heads up against you, that shows he's scared. 

If the situation were flipped (that Longview was set to travel to Temple in the first round), do you think King would've played our JV against Mesquite tonight if it meant we'd have an easier road? 

If you answered yes, you don't know John King at all. 

46 minutes ago, AKA said:

If the situation were flipped (that Longview was set to travel to Temple in the first round), do you think King would've played our JV against Mesquite tonight if it meant we'd have an easier road? 

well add the fact that you get to host a playoff game vs a lower rank team. vs go on road and play top 5 team at their place probably makes it a tougher decision.   This to me is one of those rare things in life where there is no right or wrong answer.  I can see it as smart strategy to get a home playoff game, and give your team a better chance to make a deeper run. But I also see the other side too. 

Regardless if they lose next week or not, I can understand a coach taking his chances on losing at home vs traveling 3 hrs to Longview to possibly lose.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Lol. He doesn't even wanna play for Lufkin. If you guys are interested in seeing why he is playing as a freshman next year on varsity go to Twitter and search Mikal Harrison-Pilot. Just scroll through the highlight

Yeah,  just seen a textbook tackle where he put the quarterback out of the game. Could definitely use him over here. Our defense hasn't quite figured out that you aren't supposed to let the quarterback run past you. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AKA said:

Lobos play anyone any where any time we aren't scared!

• Thanks 1

18 hours ago, Quick said:

Yeah,  just seen a textbook tackle where he put the quarterback out of the game. Could definitely use him over here. Our defense hasn't quite figured out that you aren't supposed to let the quarterback run past you. 

I think the plan is to help out at WR and FS until sophomore or Jr season then he will play QB. 

14 hours ago, lobo9599 said:

Does anyone know if Mesquite’s QB is ok? I couldn’t tell if he was holding his hand/wrist/arm when he left the game last night. Hope he is ok, and it’s nothing major. 

They said his shoulder was dislocated and after a trip to the ER, he was sent home. What is interesting about that is now they are saying that our players kicked him in the head while he was down and celebrated downfield with the rest of the team. I was there and I saw none of that. I did see our boys celebrate a great hit after they had played so dismally the first half. They never celebrated because he was hurt.