Week Eleven: Longview vs Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-0, 5-0) vs Mesquite Skeeters (5-3, 3-2)  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite in a close one
    • Mesquite in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2018 at 01:30 AM

10 hours ago, JohnnyFootball said:

And didn't we hold Rockwall to one of their lowest point totals on the season? On a night where we had a bad game, made mistekes, etc.?

35 was their lowest point total of the regular season, yep.

But the biggest thing was we shut them out in the 4th quarter imo. 

We made a lot of mistakes that night but we still overcame adversity on the road and won.

Only team that has outright stopped our offense this season has been Lufkin. Even in our last punt against Rockwall, 23 quarters ago, it was because of a dropped pass by a wide open receiver. 

• Like 1

I'm not counting on it happening, but if Longview scores 60+ again on Friday night, it'll be the first time Longview has ever scored 60 or more against an opponent four consecutive seasons.

Since losing to the Skeeters in 2012, the Lobos are outscoring Mesquite...192-27.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, kingwolf said:

If you have not read the write up on the Temple-Midway game you might find it interesting.....temple should have won going away

They’ve hurt themselves all year long with stupid penalties and turnovers. I haven’t read it yet, but I assume that’s the case again vs Midway.

14 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

So does Lobo score 63 or 67 Friday night? Asking for a friend.. 

I think you're being cheeky, but I am actually of the opinion that the first team needs to play the entire game. Or at least keep the first-team defense in for a full 48 minutes. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we need to pour it on Mesquite, but (due to the number blowouts we've had this regular season)  I'm concerned the 1s haven't had enough reps to be in tip-top shape for the post-season. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, kingwolf said:

If you have not read the write up on the Temple-Midway game you might find it interesting.....temple should have won going away

I was there. It was tied at half. Both teams making mistakes, but never thought Temple had an advantage. Their mistakes, on the field and coaching, cost them the game ultimately. Neither them or Waco Midway had any home run ability. Both slow and methodical.

Alright, so someone help me out here. LoboFan07, you'll know... I know this is looking ahead a bit, but as a fan we can do that ha

DCTF has us ranked 6th behind Katy, Allen, North Shore, Judson, and Duncanville. 

Other top 10 are Southlake Carroll, Cy Ranch, Westlake, and Westfield. 

Of all those teams, how many are going to be D2? I figure Longview will. And I assume Westlake will. Will any others? 

56 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Alright, so someone help me out here. LoboFan07, you'll know... I know this is looking ahead a bit, but as a fan we can do that ha

DCTF has us ranked 6th behind Katy, Allen, North Shore, Judson, and Duncanville. 

Other top 10 are Southlake Carroll, Cy Ranch, Westlake, and Westfield. 

Of all those teams, how many are going to be D2? I figure Longview will. And I assume Westlake will. Will any others? 

Cy Ranch, Longview and Westlake. 

Southlake is in the same situation Temple is I believe, where losing they go D2 for a better chance at a deep run. And if they win, they go D1.

Westfield is looking like D2 now because of a 5 way tiebreaker in 16-6A from 2 to 6.

1 hour ago, LoboFan07 said:

Cy Ranch, Longview and Westlake. 

Southlake is in the same situation Temple is I believe, where losing they go D2 for a better chance at a deep run. And if they win, they go D1.

Westfield is looking like D2 now because of a 5 way tiebreaker in 16-6A from 2 to 6. 

Gotcha. And soonest we'd run into one of those team is.... Quarterfinals or so? 

40 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

Gotcha. And soonest we'd run into one of those team is.... Quarterfinals or so? 

Cy Ranch/Westfield would be Quarters.

Collins would be Regional.

Southlake apparently is locked in D1 since someone from the DMN just posted a confirmed game time and location against Coppell on twitter.

7 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Cy Ranch/Westfield would be Quarters.

Collins would be Regional.

Southlake apparently is locked in D1 since someone from the DMN just posted a confirmed game time and location against Coppell on twitter.

Gotcha. The team has to go play every week, but I feel like our season comes down to those games. Will be a fun ride in coming weeks!

7 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Westfield won't have anything for Longview. Cy Ranch is the one I would look out for. I think they beat Westlake if they end up D2

Yep, Westfield lost their Qb earlier this season. They didn’t have a chance to win it all after that. KC not as good as last season. Cedar hill (not sure if they’ll be D2) seem to be struggling on offense. Who knows, it could be the lobos year. Honestly, Hope we’re both in Arlington for the title game. 

• Like 1