Week Eleven: Longview vs Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-0, 5-0) vs Mesquite Skeeters (5-3, 3-2)  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite in a close one
    • Mesquite in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2018 at 01:30 AM

5 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

Yep, Westfield lost their Qb earlier this season. They didn’t have a chance to win it all after that. KC not as good as last season. Cedar hill (not sure if they’ll be D2) seem to be struggling on offense. Who knows, it could be the lobos year. Honestly, Hope we’re both in Arlington for the title game. 

You know my thoughts on us. Title or bust and honestly see Longview in the same boat. Sure both will get tested along the way but I don't see anyone beating either of us. Im not so sure Longview wouldnt had pushed Allen and NS. This is setting up to be a special year potentially for East Texas. 

10 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

You know my thoughts on us. Title or bust and honestly see Longview in the same boat. Sure both will get tested along the way but I don't see anyone beating either of us. Im not so sure Longview wouldnt had pushed Allen and NS. This is setting up to be a special year potentially for East Texas. 

Definitely title or bust for LV this season. They should at least be in the title game this year. The road will be tough, but as of right now, they should be the favorites on that side of the bracket. Heavy favorites. Hp should be the favorites since they won the last two titles, but the Pack or Ryan should be right behind them. I don’t want to say it, because we’ve both had our heartbrokens with past lufkin teams. However, this is a different team that’s playing well together and we’re also in 5A. I think we have a defense that’s good enough to play with anyone in our classification. Also with experience from the run last season. The lobos have the experience and a very good offense. Again, they should be heavy favorites in D2. We should be heavy favorites if we play and beat Hp. If we make it to the fourth round, we’re healthy and beat Hp, then I’ll be shocked if we don’t win it all in 5A. But as of right now, Hp is the team to beat in our classification. We’re Definitely good enough to beat them, i just think they should be the favorites since they are undefeated and the two time defending champs. 

1 hour ago, Pack007 said:

Definitely title or bust for LV this season. They should at least be in the title game this year. The road will be tough, but as of right now, they should be the favorites on that side of the bracket. Heavy favorites. Hp should be the favorites since they won the last two titles, but the Pack or Ryan should be right behind them. I don’t want to say it, because we’ve both had our heartbrokens with past lufkin teams. However, this is a different team that’s playing well together and we’re also in 5A. I think we have a defense that’s good enough to play with anyone in our classification. Also with experience from the run last season. The lobos have the experience and a very good offense. Again, they should be heavy favorites in D2. We should be heavy favorites if we play and beat Hp. If we make it to the fourth round, we’re healthy and beat Hp, then I’ll be shocked if we don’t win it all in 5A. But as of right now, Hp is the team to beat in our classification. We’re Definitely good enough to beat them, i just think they should be the favorites since they are undefeated and the two time defending champs. 

We going to run HP out the stadium lol just watch

35 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

We going to run HP out the stadium lol just watch

I 100% see this coming. 

HP doesn't have the speed that Lufkin does. That's the only reason Longview was able to hang with and eventually beat LP- we have athletes too. I watched Lufkin's speed absolutely dominate CSHS who IS a good team, but they could NOT match up well with Lufkin. Highland Park will be more of that. Only way Lufkin loses to HP (or anyone really) is if they beat themselves with turnovers or something. 

4 minutes ago, LOBOFAN84 said:

You and Book need to quit hijacking!! IJS! Starting to look like those North Tyler folk! 🤣

Don’t compare us!!! Fighting words. lol. It’s boring this week. And y’all lobos are bored too. It’s not like we have mesquite fans on here to talk smack with you or talk about the game. 😂😂

17 minutes ago, JohnnyFootball said:

I 100% see this coming. 

HP doesn't have the speed that Lufkin does. That's the only reason Longview was able to hang with and eventually beat LP- we have athletes too. I watched Lufkin's speed absolutely dominate CSHS who IS a good team, but they could NOT match up well with Lufkin. Highland Park will be more of that. Only way Lufkin loses to HP (or anyone really) is if they beat themselves with turnovers or something. 

I watched HP against Rockwall when they had the video up. Also watched them against LS. And kinda agree. But they still have a better Qb than CS. And a better coaching staff. But we definitely agree about beating ourselves. That’s the only way i see us losing to anyone, because it’s not going to be easy taking us out if we’re healthy. That’s the only way i see LV losing before making it to Arlington too. Costly mistakes or injuries. I guess bad coaching as well. Lufkin had some mistakes from coaching in the past that cost us a few playoffs games. Lv fans I’m sure can relate. Things will be difficult of course, but i think it’s clear that we both have teams this season that can win titles in 6A D2 and 5A D1. But moving on....before 84 yell at me again.. lmao

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I watched HP against Rockwall when they had the video up. Also watched them against LS. And kinda agree. But they still have a better Qb than CS. And a better coaching staff. But we definitely agree about beating ourselves. That’s the only way i see us losing to anyone, because it’s not going to be easy taking us out if we’re healthy. That’s the only way i see LV losing before making it to Arlington too. Costly mistakes or injuries. I guess bad coaching as well. Lufkin had some mistakes from coaching in the past that cost us a few playoffs games. Lv fans I’m sure can relate. Things will be difficult of course, but i think it’s clear that we both have teams this season that can win titles in 6A D2 and 5A D1. But moving on....before 84 yell at me again.. lmao 

Man. That game in Week 1 was huge at Lobo. How cool would it be if both teams went on to win state in their respective divisions? 

This is too much state title. Least let the playoffs start first lol.

Longview's road is incredibly hard, even if we are a favorite. We've been favorites in the past, least we forget the last time we went 10-0. 

• Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, LoboFan07 said:

Longview's road is incredibly hard, even if we are a favorite. We've been favorites in the past, least we forget the last time we went 10-0. 

I don’t like talking about this stuff either.....especially considering some of our past losses in the playoffs and losing in the first round so often. Just bored this week. I’ve mentioned on other forums that our road will be difficult and we would have to prove it. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pack007 said:

I don’t like talking about this stuff either.....especially considering some of our past losses in the playoffs and losing in the first round so often. Just bored this week. I’ve mentioned on other forums that our road will be difficult and we would have to prove it. 

These last five weeks have been dragging and dragging and dragging.

I can not wait for next week, even if we do get Cove, for some real playoff football.

• Like 3

Longview currently ranked #1 in 6A D2...yes we are currently favorites.

I dunno about heavy favorites though. The road while winnable, is going to be tough. 

I'm not really worried about rounds 1 and 2. Not even that worried about 5 so long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot. But 3 and 4 are gonna be battles just as they were last year.

For years I predicted this team to make a run, said specifically semis prior to the season. But I also know the Vandegrifts and Klein Collins of the world ain't gonna be pushovers.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LoboFan07 said:

Sorry. Was just trying to map out how our playoff path will look. 

I didn't mean for the LUFKIN fans to come in here and turn it into state title talk. 😂 I kid, I kid. Like everyone else, I'm anxious! Tired of beating on the Mesquite schools in games that are over by halftime. I'm ready for PLAYOFF football. 

1 hour ago, ANTI said:

Longview currently ranked #1 in 6A D2...yes we are currently favorites.

I dunno about heavy favorites though. The road while winnable, is going to be tough. 

I'm not really worried about rounds 1 and 2. Not even that worried about 5 so long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot. But 3 and 4 are gonna be battles just as they were last year.

For years I predicted this team to make a run, said specifically semis prior to the season. But I also know the Vandegrifts and Klein Collins of the world ain't gonna be pushovers.

"I'm not really worried about rounds 1 and 2. Not even that worried about 5"

Umm........... This is the playoffs. Every opponent worries me. Need I remind you of the South Garland Colonels??? Our boys better not have this attitude or their butts are going home extremely early and at the very, LEAST super-embarrassed.

I done watched too many Lobo football games to think that everything is gravy. We are NOT flying under the radar this year. Programs KNOW exactly who we are and those days of sneaking up on them are LONG gone. We are going to get everyone's BEST efforts week in and week out beginning with bi-district. They better prepare their minds EVERY week as if they have Klein Collins or Katy due on deck. Real Talk. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Quick said:

Umm........... This is the playoffs. Every opponent worries me. Need I remind you of the South Garland Colonels??? Our boys better not have this attitude or their butts are going home extremely early and at the very, LEAST super-embarrassed.

I done watched too many Lobo football games to think that everything is gravy. We are NOT flying under the radar this year. Programs KNOW exactly who we are and those days of sneaking up on them are LONG gone. We are going to get everyone's BEST efforts week in and week out beginning with bi-district. They better prepare their minds EVERY week as if they have Klein Collins or Katy due on deck. Real Talk. 

+2

58 minutes ago, Quick said:

They are. Don't worry.

2 hours ago, Quick said:

Every opponent worries me.

I respect that...but not me.

I've done my fair share of homework and I'm not just talking on superstition.

If you've followed Temple/Cove/Midway throughout the season, you'd know that they aren't on Longview's level. 2nd round is probably what.. Prosper? Not worth discussing. I already said 3rd and 4th round will be tough countless times. IF we're going to lose, I would bet it's one of these rounds. Semis could very well be Arlington High if it isn't Cedar Hill. I saw Arlington High last week in person. Almost a one man show with Jahari Rodgers at QB. That dude is a baller but their D is suspect and they have no discipline as a team. We would have no issues with a team like that so long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot as I said.

And of course we all know about South Garland in 2005. But if you think this team is 05...I don't know what to tell you. They're almost nothing alike outside of all of the attention both teams received. 

I get it, one game at a time. Everyone is going to bring their A game. That's cliche as hell and everyone knows that. But you need to realize what type of team we have this year. We're going to bring our A game too week end and week out. 

• Like 2