Week Eleven: Longview vs Mesquite

LoboFan07

Longview Lobos (9-0, 5-0) vs Mesquite Skeeters (5-3, 3-2)  

37 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Longview in a blow out
    • Longview in a close one
    • Mesquite in a close one
    • Mesquite in a blow out

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2018 at 01:30 AM

5 hours ago, ANTI said:

I respect that...but not me.

I've done my fair share of homework and I'm not just talking on superstition.

If you've followed Temple/Cove/Midway throughout the season, you'd know that they aren't on Longview's level. 2nd round is probably what.. Prosper? Not worth discussing. I already said 3rd and 4th round will be tough countless times. IF we're going to lose, I would bet it's one of these rounds. Semis could very well be Arlington High if it isn't Cedar Hill. I saw Arlington High last week in person. Almost a one man show with Jahari Rodgers at QB. That dude is a baller but their D is suspect and they have no discipline as a team. We would have no issues with a team like that so long as we don't shoot ourselves in the foot as I said.

And of course we all know about South Garland in 2005. But if you think this team is 05...I don't know what to tell you. They're almost nothing alike outside of all of the attention both teams received. 

I get it, one game at a time. Everyone is going to bring their A game. That's cliche as hell and everyone knows that. But you need to realize what type of team we have this year. We're going to bring our A game too week end and week out. 

I concur this team is hungry, to show that last year wasn't a one hit wonder was just the start

19 hours ago, ANTI said:

If you've followed Temple/Cove/Midway throughout the season, you'd know that they aren't on Longview's level.

SERIOUSLY??? I'm going to give you Copperas Cove just for the sake of argument. Temple is a beast and so is Midway. How in the hell can you fix your mouth to even say that Midway ain't on our level!? The last time I checked we have played a total of 3 times against each other with a whopping total of FOUR points that has decided ALL 3 contests.

You must be in your late teens or at least early 20's. Your rhetoric towards other teams is the exact reason why surrounding programs root for us to lose in the playoffs. For a program that hasn't brought home a state title since 1937 we talk too much sugar-honey-ice-tea! You can save the arguments regarding classifications, depth, etc., etc. At the end of the day, with where our program is at, we have failed more times than not at achieving the holy grail of Texas High School football.

The sad part is, REALISTS like myself get lumped in with all of the chatter as if we all speak in absolute rhetoric. You're the type of person that will get your head bashed in a fight, be laid up in I.C.U. on life support and mumbling under your breath how your opponent wasn't on your level. When I say we have a deeply rooted fanbase that unfortunately shares and divulge in your same epithets towards other teams that it ain't even funny. I mean, I am truly convinced that you don't know how to be humble.

There's nothing wrong with having confidence and optimism for your football program but you are so far beyond confident that you along with several others are COCKY. You are exhibiting the same type of behavior of those Sulphur Springs and Whitehouse fans from a few years ago. They would not give us our respect until we TOOK it from them and embarrassed them a few times. You keep talking about cliche talk.

There's nothing cliche when you are dealing with teenagers. As adults you can never be so sure of young boys mindsets and where they are at. EXPERIENCE in this particular field is something many of us Alumni can tell you about and attest to. I'm just the only one that's going to go against the grain and tell you about it though when no one else will. I don't go along to get along by saying what's popular. The last time I checked, we have yet to play Temple, Cove or Midway this year. But, maybe you got the results in already for this year. That's pretty awesome, then.  

• Thanks 1
  • Stinks 2

1 hour ago, Quick said:

SERIOUSLY??? I'm going to give you Copperas Cove just for the sake of argument. Temple is a beast and so is Midway. How in the hell can you fix your mouth to even say that Midway ain't on our level!? The last time I checked we have played a total of 3 times against each other with a whopping total of FOUR points that has decided ALL 3 contests.

You must be in your late teens or at least early 20's. Your rhetoric towards other teams is the exact reason why surrounding programs root for us to lose in the playoffs. For a program that hasn't brought home a state title since 1937 we talk too much sugar-honey-ice-tea! You can save the arguments regarding classifications, depth, etc., etc. At the end of the day, with where our program is at, we have failed more times than not at achieving the holy grail of Texas High School football.

The sad part is, REALISTS like myself get lumped in with all of the chatter as if we all speak in absolute rhetoric. You're the type of person that will get your head bashed in a fight, be laid up in I.C.U. on life support and mumbling under your breath how your opponent wasn't on your level. When I say we have a deeply rooted fanbase that unfortunately shares and divulge in your same epithets towards other teams that it ain't even funny. I mean, I am truly convinced that you don't know how to be humble.

There's nothing wrong with having confidence and optimism for your football program but you are so far beyond confident that you along with several others are COCKY. You are exhibiting the same type of behavior of those Sulphur Springs and Whitehouse fans from a few years ago. They would not give us our respect until we TOOK it from them and embarrassed them a few times. You keep talking about cliche talk.

There's nothing cliche when you are dealing with teenagers. As adults you can never be so sure of young boys mindsets and where they are at. EXPERIENCE in this particular field is something many of us Alumni can tell you about and attest to. I'm just the only one that's going to go against the grain and tell you about it though when no one else will. I don't go along to get along by saying what's popular. The last time I checked, we have yet to play Temple, Cove or Midway this year. But, maybe you got the results in already for this year. That's pretty awesome, then.  

What we did against Midway 9 and 10 years ago has nothing to do with them being on our level this season. And what they did last year has nothing to do with this season either. They had some offensive studs who aren't there any more. They're not the same team they were last year. We've had a lot of players mature another season. I'm not saying we'll trounce Midway, but I think we have a better team than them this year. If they do hang with/beat us this season, it will have nothing to do with the fact that they kept in close in 08 and 09.

You care WAAAYYYY too much about other schools and haters, man. Other schools rooting for us to lose is fine by me. They're nothing but haters. Let em hate. We're still a powerhouse team in the state of Texas who gets nationally televised games pretty often for a high school. We win games and are in the hunt every year. Calling him "beyond confident" and "cocky" works both ways. I can just as easily say that you're not a realist as you claim to be. You're a cynic lol You say we've "failed more times than not" at achieving a state title. Can you tell me a program that's won state in a majority of their seasons? Lol it doesn't exist. 

We haven't played those teams this season, no. We can't predict anything 100%. But we can look at teams objectively and say, "Hey, they're not as good as last season."

• Thanks 1

Temple more then capable of beating Longview. Don't think they will but they have the kids to make it interesting. Senior heavy team. Big stud at QB committed to Texas. Longview still my favorite to win state. I'm just saying the players can't show up thinking Temple will be a push over. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Gametyme said:

Temple more then capable of beating Longview. Don't think they will but they have the kids to make it interesting. Senior heavy team. Big stud at QB committed to Texas. Longview still my favorite to win state. I'm just saying the players can't show up thinking Temple will be a push over. 

For sure. Midway too. They're ALWAYS well-coached, even if they don't the offensive weapons they had last season. 

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, LoboBooster73 said:

I was there. It was tied at half. Both teams making mistakes, but never thought Temple had an advantage. Their mistakes, on the field and coaching, cost them the game ultimately. Neither them or Waco Midway had any home run ability. Both slow and methodical.

Temple is one of those teams that reminds me of the Longview teams of the last decade....makes mistakes but has solid talent....then they play a major opponent and put a complete game together and shock the world....that is my BIGGEST WORRY!

• Like 1

On ‎11‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 6:19 AM, LoboFan07 said:

They’ve hurt themselves all year long with stupid penalties and turnovers. I haven’t read it yet, but I assume that’s the case again vs Midway.

Really hope they don't put that first complete game together against us.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Quick said:

How in the hell can you fix your mouth to even say that Midway ain't on our level!?

Cause I've paid attention... not just reading the name on the front of jerseys. 

Humble has nothing to do with it...all about confidence when you actually have the team. If this was 2016...you wouldn't catch me making the claims that I am. I'll tell you this, Cove and Midway straight up do not want to see Longview. Hulme at Midway is not that great of a coach. Those of you who have seen them the past two seasons know what I'm talking about. This is a dude that has no problem going for it on 4th and 10...on his own 15 when the situation doesn't call for it. Were you not in Allen last year? On a clear night, that is a blowout win for Longview. Not a win, a blowout win. And even with all our mistakes, Hulme still nearly loss the game for Midway. That last minute fumble Longview forced and covered that ultimately gave us another chance at the last second FG should've never happened. This year...team wise they don't match Longview, coaching wise they don't match Longview. Period. 

Cove, look Alvarez is a good coach but they are way over matched as a team across the board. They don't have the defense to stop anything Longview will bring offensively and they don't move the ball well at all offensively. Almost reminds you of Heath's offense although Cove's is slightly better. Yet Cove is probably going to play Temple tough Friday I bet.

Temple, definitely has a talented team. Been high on them for the better part of the year....but their ultimate downfall is discipline. Even their own fans will tell you that on the 6A board. They are just like West Brook last year minus the dual threat QB....they will shoot themselves in the foot all day, everyday. And their run defense is horrid. Tell me again, what is Longview's strength offensively? Don't think too hard. And their pass defense isn't much better. Belton QB threw for over 400 yards on them a few weeks ago, what do you think Haynes will do? And not to mention coaching. Stewart at Temple is very much like Hulme at Midway, all I'll say about that.

And I'm 25-30. So what...

Still know football like the back of my hand. Probably more than you honestly. Hell, you don't even know talent when its right in your face. Can never see the potential in a player and that's basic football knowledge. Said Haynes was a scrub last year, now he's breaking records after I TOLD you he would do so. You call yourself a realist, why...cause you're over critical? You and TFF aren't realist. If anything I'd say 40% delusional, 30% over critical...and the rest just straight paranoid as hell. Same characteristics of a cynic. Don't know what that is, look it up. You don't seem to know the difference between cocky and confidence so you probably need a dictionary anyway.

Beat Mesquite.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, TheFootballFan said:

Keep me out of it Anti.... I watched more football then years you have been alive !!!! 

And still don't know it as well as I do...

All that football you've watched, yet you say so much dumb stuff.

Opposite team gains 1 yard rushing...here you come "omg, Longview's defense is awful"

Crazy. lol

8 minutes ago, TheFootballFan said:

Please you millennial....says who... just keep on. Thinking that! Looking at your posts you are just a homer! Sorry! I 😊

Didn't you say Rockwall was the class of this district? Said they had a better defense than us?

How'd that workout?

Lol......Still might be?????  Season just starting!!!! Longview is a good team but they just won an average district ....so let’s seee.... if they lose first round then.... ha.... but they might win it all..... Longview is one of 10-15 teams capable of winning it all this year. This is a 1 in 20 year team for Longview.as far as competiting in 6a.

• Stinks 2

10 hours ago, ANTI said:

Cause I've paid attention... not just reading the name on the front of jerseys. 

Humble has nothing to do with it...all about confidence when you actually have the team. If this was 2016...you wouldn't catch me making the claims that I am. I'll tell you this, Cove and Midway straight up do not want to see Longview. Hulme at Midway is not that great of a coach. Those of you who have seen them the past two seasons know what I'm talking about. This is a dude that has no problem going for it on 4th and 10...on his own 15 when the situation doesn't call for it. Were you not in Allen last year? On a clear night, that is a blowout win for Longview. Not a win, a blowout win. And even with all our mistakes, Hulme still nearly loss the game for Midway. That last minute fumble Longview forced and covered that ultimately gave us another chance at the last second FG should've never happened. This year...team wise they don't match Longview, coaching wise they don't match Longview. Period. 

Cove, look Alvarez is a good coach but they are way over matched as a team across the board. They don't have the defense to stop anything Longview will bring offensively and they don't move the ball well at all offensively. Almost reminds you of Heath's offense although Cove's is slightly better. Yet Cove is probably going to play Temple tough Friday I bet.

Temple, definitely has a talented team. Been high on them for the better part of the year....but their ultimate downfall is discipline. Even their own fans will tell you that on the 6A board. They are just like West Brook last year minus the dual threat QB....they will shoot themselves in the foot all day, everyday. And their run defense is horrid. Tell me again, what is Longview's strength offensively? Don't think too hard. And their pass defense isn't much better. Belton QB threw for over 400 yards on them a few weeks ago, what do you think Haynes will do? And not to mention coaching. Stewart at Temple is very much like Hulme at Midway, all I'll say about that.

And I'm 25-30. So what...

Still know football like the back of my hand. Probably more than you honestly. Hell, you don't even know talent when its right in your face. Can never see the potential in a player and that's basic football knowledge. Said Haynes was a scrub last year, now he's breaking records after I TOLD you he would do so. You call yourself a realist, why...cause you're over critical? You and TFF aren't realist. If anything I'd say 40% delusional, 30% over critical...and the rest just straight paranoid as hell. Same characteristics of a cynic. Don't know what that is, look it up. You don't seem to know the difference between cocky and confidence so you probably need a dictionary anyway.

Beat Mesquite.

You got life messed (can't use the word I want to) up if you think because you rah-rah-rah behind everything Longview that you know more about football than I do. You were loading up your damn diaper when I was playing. You're a hype machine is what you are. You and Johnny Football and a few other nut riders on here think that anyone that has anything remotely objective about Lobo football is cynical or that y'all are somehow more of a fan than others because you burn unnecessary gas around the State of Texas going to middle school p.e. classes trying to see who bench pressed the 45lb. bar 12 times in a row. 

Y'all can miss me with all that BS about Haynes King as well. I take nothing away from him. He's doing an outstanding job of protecting the ball and not doing like Dak Prescott is doing. As a matter of fact, Dallas could probably use Haynes King right now. Anyway, if I was an opposing coach and wanted to defend against Haynes King, I would just keep a spy on him and take away #11 and force him to throw to other receivers that he's not that comfortable with.

As solid as he has been, he has a propensity to make a plethora of UNFORCED overthrows. His protection by the offensive line is beyond awesome so, it's behooves me to understand the constant errant throws. It won't take long for the opposition to figure out our signature playaction to Kamden Perry. Kearby is alright but, no one poses the deep threat like Perry does.

• Thanks 2
  • Stinks 3

1 hour ago, Quick said:

that y'all are somehow more of a fan than others because you burn unnecessary gas around the State of Texas going to middle school p.e. classes trying to see who bench pressed the 45lb. bar 12 times in a row. 

wow...lol

11 hours ago, upullinmychain said:

Dayyyuuuuum, lobo's so good they got their own fans fighting... Lol 

Oh this is nothing.

Let us mess around and win it all, negative fake realist folks like Quick and TFF are going to feel it from me.

They've been on my sh&t list for years along with a bunch of idiotic outsiders. They know who they are.

2 hours ago, Quick said:

You were loading up your damn diaper when I was playing. 

No I wasn't..

But even if I was, so what. I know this sport WAY better than you do.

I've always wondered why you Bero fools hated on younger Lobos so often. You fools use to do it all the time even when I was coming up. I'd be playing little league at Stamper or MS ball, even into HS...and here come a Bero mf talking noise. "Yall ain't got it like we did" "Yall weak"... "back in my day..." you know, all of that nonsense.

I never did forget that BS comment you made back in '15 saying that this generation of Lobos (John King era) were only content with winning district titles. 

I tell ya, that was truly interesting reading that from someone out of Bero's era. What would anyone from that era know about winning on a consistent basis?

Finally it hit me..  I've been with a plethora of females to know jealousy when I see it. And you HATE the fact that King players do way more winning than you could ever dream of.

Don't hate, appreciate and elevate. Let that jealousy go.

• Thumbs Down 2

3 hours ago, Quick said:

Y'all can miss me with all that BS about Haynes King as well. 

Nope.

You said he was nothing, he's obviously something.

Dude is breaking records, winning statewide player awards never before won by a Lobo player. Not one INT thrown this year. Just visited LSU this past weekend. Same dude you was giving a hard time not long ago.

I told you the dude was a baller before he ever stepped foot on varsity. But you did your typical hating. Now he's tearing it up and you're fake fan now lol

You don't know talent man. And you definitely don't ever see the potential in a player. Couldnt be my coach. I don't even live in Longview yet I can always tell you who the next greatness is coming up the ranks.

I even tried telling you about Meredith and you shot that down. Smh.