WEEK 11: Marshall (7-2, 6-0) Vs. Pine Tree (5-4, 3-3)

Mavchamp

Marshall Vs. Pine Tree  

32 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got?

• Marshall by a little
    • Pine Tree by a little
    • Marshall in a blowout
    • Pine Tree in a blowout

1 hour ago, Mavchamp said:

YIKES.  We didn't even give up 42 to CARTHAGE.

We've only been dominated once all season.  We all know who it was.  Yadda. Yadda. Yadda.  Rinse/Repeat lmao.

But if we give up 42 to PT..... that's going to make me very uneasy headed into the playoffs.

PT offense has the POTENTIAL...and with that athletic sophomore Freeman at QB and if Wr Sparkman is motivated...the future is bright for PT

PT has definitely been trending up the last few years.

At the beginning of the season I honestly thought THIS game would be for the district championship.... not last week's game.

How crazy would this game had been had it been for the trophy?  Definitely a sell out.  PT would have been pumped.  Mavs pumped.

I was kind of looking forward to that back in August, but it never really materialized for the Pirates.

But they still have a chance... and they would love nothing more than to ruin our night.

Gotta take them seriously.  

13 hours ago, gtee2 said:

PT is damn close to being undefeated at this point...

PT is on the other end of the spectrum from Whitehouse. PT has had every bounce go against them, losing 3 straight weeks on essentially the last play of the game.  While everything was going right for Whitehouse, everything was going wrong for Pine Tree. 

PT definitely has the offense to be a playoff team and give ppl fits.  

• Like 1

#1 offense (PT) Vs. #1 defense (Marshall)

#2 offense (Marshall) vs. Not sure where where PT's defense is...but I'd guess #6-#8

Mavs are giving up an average of 259 yards yards per game and 23.7 PPG.  Take away the Longview abomination and it drops to 19.1 PPG.

---------

MISD announced the first round game will be played Friday Nov 16 at 7:30.  Barring some crazy upsets in 10-5A this week.... it SHOULD be against (7-3) Lamar Consolidated.  

Marshall has outscored their district opponents 146-13 in the first half of their games....pitching first half shutouts in 5 of the 6 games.

20-13- Lindale
38-0- Hallsville
40-0- Mt. Pleasant
9-0- Jacksonville
26-0- Nacogdoches
23-0- Whitehouse

I believe Marshall will take it for sure but PT is definitely for real. Their offensive line  and running back are BIG. Their defense looked pretty good last week and maybe that’s because they moved some of the offensive studs to defense. I will say though that one of the pick sixes was our own stupidity. You don’t throw the ball into double coverage in the end zone when your five yards out. Smh

History to be made tonight with a win:

1.  600th program win
2.  18th consecutive district win, which will tie the MHS record that was set 1987-1990.
3. First outright back to back district titles since 1989 and 1990 (which was actually a three-pete 1988, 89, and 90
4.  28-5 in district play since 2014.
5.  6-0 all time at Pine Tree Stadium
6.  35th playoff season
7.  23rd district championship

So happy and excited about this team.  Let's go make some more history!

• Like 1