Harleton Wildcats (1-8, 0-5) at Joaquin Rams (7-2, 3-2)

trueblue82

The Rams will honor 12 senior football players, 3 cheerleaders, and 4 band members, including the drum major and two Majorettes prior to their final game at Ram Stadium. The Rams have won 13 straight at home since the ‘16 season opener. The Wildcats are on a 8-game losing streak after their season opening win over Queen City. The Rams have won two straight, most recently a nail-biter over arch-rival Tenaha. A win here guarantees the Rams the #2 playoff seed in District 11AA Division 1. While I don’t see this game being close, the Rams need to play well headed into the playoffs, and the Timpson game should remain a reminder that no game can be taken for granted. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

The Rams will honor 12 senior football players, 3 cheerleaders, and 4 band members, including the drum major and two Majorettes prior to their final game at Ram Stadium. The Rams have won 13 straight at home since the ‘16 season opener. The Wildcats are on a 8-game losing streak after their season opening win over Queen City. The Rams have won two straight, most recently a nail-biter over arch-rival Tenaha. A win here guarantees the Rams the #2 playoff seed in District 11AA Division 1. While I don’t see this game being close, the Rams need to play well headed into the playoffs, and the Timpson game should remain a reminder that no game can be taken for granted. 

Rams by a bunch

18 minutes ago, BlueBlood99 said:

When a defense flies around like a bunch of wild banshees and offense comes at you and punches you in the mouth then it kinda makes ya look sluggish 

Not only that, but the grind of playing good football teams every week is just a huge change of pace for them. I think a lot of their fans had some pretty unrealistic expectations, which were fueled by some predictions in the media. They have an opportunity to show that they can bounce back this week. I’m sure the “experts”, as Coach Jenkins called them on the radio, were holding court on the 35 yard line last night dissecting the game plan. The people he’s referring to don’t believe anyone is supposed to stay with them. They have a lot of spoiled fans over there. 

49 minutes ago, trueblue82 said:

Not only that, but the grind of playing good football teams every week is just a huge change of pace for them. I think a lot of their fans had some pretty unrealistic expectations, which were fueled by some predictions in the media. They have an opportunity to show that they can bounce back this week. I’m sure the “experts”, as Coach Jenkins called them on the radio, were holding court on the 35 yard line last night dissecting the game plan. The people he’s referring to don’t believe anyone is supposed to stay with them. They have a lot of spoiled fans over there. 

All good things come to an end eventually.

11 hours ago, Crawford said:

Rams by a lot

I think we’ll do just enough to build a big lead, then start getting the starters out of the game as soon as we can. We lost one starter Friday night, and I don’t know his status, but I’ll be shocked if he even suits up this week. We don’t have a lot of depth, so we need to keep kids healthy going into the playoffs if we want to make a run. 

11 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

To be honest,it's gotta be nice to be able to spoil your fans..means you win a lot more than you lose..and that's not a bad thing...js 

20 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

To be honest,it's gotta be nice to be able to spoil your fans..means you win a lot more than you lose..and that's not a bad thing...js 

I agree. I got nothing but respect for their kids and their coaches and for MOST of their fans. The ones I have an issue with are a very small, very vocal group that doesn’t know A-gap from a hole in the ground. They have constantly complained about three different head coaches. Those three coaches combined to lead them to ten consecutive winning seasons, nine quarterfinal appearances, five semifinals, three trips to Jerry world, and a State championship. And they weren’t happy. Now, they don’t seem to appreciate what their kids and coaches have done this year. They graduated 90% of their offensive production from a year ago, including three and four year starters all over the field. They went through a coaching staff change, and moved up from a very weak Division 2 district to the toughest Division 1 district in the state. And they came within 9 points of winning it. They don’t seem to get the difference in the level of competition, particularly depth. When they got key players banged up in D2, they could sit those kids till they were healthy and never know the difference because their sophomores and freshmen were still head and shoulders better than the seniors they lined up against. That’s not necessarily the case anymore. They’re not the big school in their district, they’re the smallest. It’s a huge step up in competition. Their coaches get it, and most of their fans do. It’s just that small, vocal group that is keeping things stirred up instead of supporting their kids. I guess I need to start a Tenaha/ LK thread to move this discussion to. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

I know, I talked to some of them, they told me they would have run rough shod over any team Garrison has ever had when we were in 3A ... lol