Harleton Wildcats (1-8, 0-5) at Joaquin Rams (7-2, 3-2)

trueblue82

9 hours ago, SAWolfman said:

Hey **** for brains listen.  Just because you have fast kids doesnt equate anything on defense unless they know how to play d and cover.  Tenaha looked tired and I think it's because they have been hit in the mouth all season.  Joaquin's line played a great game.  I was there and seen it first hand.  Won the game fair and square...

I will not stoop to your low level I was there also and the defence played very hard nosed football all game.I never said we won state I just said ask the area track teams

Pretty crappy in my opinion for Harleton to cancel the ftball games today. These young people work just like older kids do. Harleton coaches just don’t want to sacrifice their time for kids..... never should have signed up to coach if that is the case. I hope we put 100pts on em Friday night 

• Stinks 2

8 hours ago, trueblue82 said:

Between the rain we’ve already had and the forecast for the next 24 hours, this may turn into a water polo match. Doomer is worried about the horses. 

Doomy has waste-waders and a jonboat. Never too wet for football IMO! TrueStorie

43 minutes ago, villagegenius said:

Hmmm last time Joaquin had a game moved to turf due to weather....

Don’t think we haven’t thought about that. But when you walk across our field and leave footprints 2” deep, playing on it just wouldn’t be smart. It actually looks great, but if we did try to play on it, by halftime it would be a mudpit that Doomer wouldn’t go near. And you know how Doomer feels about mudpits. 

20 hours ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Pretty crappy in my opinion for Harleton to cancel the ftball games today. These young people work just like older kids do. Harleton coaches just don’t want to sacrifice their time for kids..... never should have signed up to coach if that is the case. I hope we put 100pts on em Friday night 

So you just said Harleton coaches don't sacrifice their time? Are you sure about that? Are you there? That's a pretty crappy accusation. 

1 hour ago, axeemjacks91 said:

So you just said Harleton coaches don't sacrifice their time? Are you sure about that? Are you there? That's a pretty crappy accusation. 

Then enlighten me as to why you would cancel a JH game cuz of field conditions. JH kids don’t tear the field up and there are no games next week anyhow so what would it matter?

1 hour ago, BlueBlood99 said:

Then enlighten me as to why you would cancel a JH game cuz of field conditions. JH kids don’t tear the field up and there are no games next week anyhow so what would it matter?

No dog in this fight, and don’t know the reasoning why...but with as nasty as some of the weather I got last night was, I’d find it hard to argue with a school district for not wanting their JH kids and parents on the roads. 

As for the field...safety would be a concern. Kinda like why the varsity game is moved maybe?

Kids not on road late. Games scheduled at 4:30. Games over by 7:00.....So what. Who cares now....Move on. Just frustration at the time. Two games cancelled this year cuz of wet fields. Early in the year I can see the reasonlng but there are no more games next week......To me its just excuses. Lets focus on tonight  now. Go Rams!!!!GATA!!!!!

Normally I get pissy when they cancel a game,but after sitting here waiting for mom and the kids to drive to Hawkins and back across Tyler to hendo in that really bad weather,and being nervous as a cat about not being with them...yeah,I can't gripe about them canceling sub varsity games last night..it is what it is..

29 minutes ago, upullinmychain said:

Normally I get pissy when they cancel a game,but after sitting here waiting for mom and the kids to drive to Hawkins and back across Tyler to hendo in that really bad weather,and being nervous as a cat about not being with them...yeah,I can't gripe about them canceling sub varsity games last night..it is what it is..

Lightning ended junior high game with little over minute left and after it continued, JV game was canceled. I think it was right decision. Hawkins field was terrible

2 minutes ago, Playfor77 said:

Lightning ended junior high game with little over minute left and after it continued, JV game was canceled. I think it was right decision. Hawkins field was terrible

Yeah 77,my youngest said the field was junk.kinda glad they got outa there with just a couple bruises.good thing I taught him how to swim when he was 4,came in handy last night...lol