Week 11: Alto Yellowjackets (6-3 | 3-1) @ Union Grove Lions (6-3 | 1-3) - 11/9/18

StingEmALTO

Alto Yellowjackets @ Union Grove Lions   

12 members have voted

1. 1. Who wins?

• Alto
    • Union Grove

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2018 at 01:30 AM

22 minutes ago, AltoBack2BackCHAMPS said:

34-0 pass by the freshman i believe first pass complete in varsity for a td

Yes!!!!!! First VARSITY TD for the freshman and it was a pass......first of what I believe will be MANY in the next three years!! That dude is a player. The freshman running back, too! Excited for our future! 👍👍👍

From the Jacksonville Daily Progress:

Area Football Roundup: Bullard, Troup, Alto playoff bound

Alto 34

Union Grove 0

UNION GROVE — Alto got another strong effort from its dense in shutting out Union Grove's Lions 34-0 on Friday. The Mean Sting (7-3, 4-1), the District 10-2A-I runners up, will take on Normangee at Crockett High School Thursday at 7:00 p.m. in the bi-district round.

5B8D41C8-E60F-4A46-8D40-9F9B23C6F75E.jpeg

2 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

From the Jacksonville Daily Progress:

Area Football Roundup: Bullard, Troup, Alto playoff bound

Alto 34

Union Grove 0

UNION GROVE — Alto got another strong effort from its dense in shutting out Union Grove's Lions 34-0 on Friday. The Mean Sting (7-3, 4-1), the District 10-2A-I runners up, will take on Normangee at Crockett High School Thursday at 7:00 p.m. in the bi-district round.

5B8D41C8-E60F-4A46-8D40-9F9B23C6F75E.jpeg

Yall looking good big dog..

12 minutes ago, SAWolfman said:

Very much so

Yes sir! Gotta keep getting better. Hope we can make a little run in the playoffs (would love to meet SA in round 3!!). I know the last couple weeks have been easier competition but I enjoyed the shutouts nonetheless. It had been since 2015 that we blanked anyone and 2014 since multiple shutouts (3). We have two so far this year. More improvement in my opinion. Good luck to SA this week. I think y’all roll. 

8 hours ago, StingEmALTO said:

Yes sir! Gotta keep getting better. Hope we can make a little run in the playoffs (would love to meet SA in round 3!!). I know the last couple weeks have been easier competition but I enjoyed the shutouts nonetheless. It had been since 2015 that we blanked anyone and 2014 since multiple shutouts (3). We have two so far this year. More improvement in my opinion. Good luck to SA this week. I think y’all roll. 

I think so too but ya never know

21 hours ago, CaliforniaCornDodger said:

You are misinformed or stupid.

Both schools agreed on cancellation 

Be sure and get facts straight before you post

No sir (or ma’am), I am neither misinformed nor stupid. It was the superintendent at UG who did not want their players and fans on the road Thursday because of the rain earlier in the day and projected weather into the night. That was the official word. Yes, Alto did not press the issue and agreed to cancel the games. There were some disappointed players and families as that was the second cancelled game of the already short sub-varsity season. We like to play ball here! Had those same games been scheduled in UG that night I guarantee  you we would have traveled......always do! We even moved the Thursday night games in Week 3 to New Diana because of inclement weather forecast in Alto. Our coaches and players (and fans) WANTED to play and our admin agreed to the change. Traveled THERE two nights in a row and filled the stands both nights.(and that’s a long drive for us!)

Anyway, life is full of disappointment. We accepted it and move on. Have a nice day!

4 hours ago, CaliforniaCornDodger said:

You are misinformed or stupid.

Both schools agreed on cancellation 

Be sure and get facts straight before you post

Boy, someone got butt hurt over very little. Maybe you should take your own advice, or maybe next year when your varsity comes to Alto we won’t run the clock in the second half or put in our J.V.