Jump to content
The Smoakhouse Forums

Week 11: Alto Yellowjackets (6-3 | 3-1) @ Union Grove Lions (6-3 | 1-3) - 11/9/18


Alto Yellowjackets @ Union Grove Lions   

12 members have voted

  1. 1. Who wins?

    • Alto
      12
    • Union Grove
      0

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/10/2018 at 01:30 AM

Recommended Posts

The Alto Yellowjackets travel to Union Grove for the first time ever on Friday, November 9th to take on the Lions. This is the last game of the regular season before the bi-district round. Alto has secured the 2nd seed behind Carlisle while Union Grove was eliminated from playoff contention by Cushing last Friday. The Jackets and Lions have met one time and that was in the 2014 area round of the playoffs at West Rusk HS; the Mean Sting won 47-0. UG in the upset or Alto rolls?

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2018 at 7:34 PM, villagegenius said:

Alto should get a good tune up before heading into the playoffs and a probable 2nd round rematch with Garrison. Continue to iron out the kinks and then get out of there healthy. 

Probably playing Normangee the first round, but you, genius, already know this! 😂 Would love a rematch with Garrison! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/3/2018 at 4:37 PM, StingEmALTO said:

The Alto Yellowjackets travel to Union Grove for the first time ever on Friday, November 9th to take on the Lions. This is the last game of the regular season before the bi-district round. Alto has secured the 2nd seed behind Carlisle while Union Grove was eliminated from playoff contention by Cushing last Friday. The Jackets and Lions have met one time and that was in the 2014 area round of the playoffs at West Rusk HS; the Mean Sting won 47-0. UG in the upset or Alto rolls?

If it rains again,take your scuba gear..js

Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

What’s there place like? Never been there!

It’s a swamp. Huge ruts from band marching in wet field. Backs, receivers unable to cut at all. It’s a joke. I’m told concession stand, however, is great.

Link to post
Share on other sites

If it rains friday or the day before hopefully they let's you walk around the track to get to the visitor stands if not bring rubber boots or shoes you mind getting nasty case the mud washes down the hill over the sidewalk. If it's fairly dry then it's ok for fans. You'll have your backs to hwy 271. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, knothead58 said:

If it rains friday or the day before hopefully they let's you walk around the track to get to the visitor stands if not bring rubber boots or shoes you mind getting nasty case the mud washes down the hill over the sidewalk. If it's fairly dry then it's ok for fans. You'll have your backs to hwy 271. 

Wow! This sounds worse than the visitors side of The Pit.....at least they have a concrete sidewalk to get you to the stump of your choosing. 😂 Are the visitor stands a pretty decent size?

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, Playfor77 said:

It’s a swamp. Huge ruts from band marching in wet field. Backs, receivers unable to cut at all. It’s a joke. I’m told concession stand, however, is great.

So the band marches on the game field every practice?

Good deal about the concession stand! 👍

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, StingEmALTO said:

So the band marches on the game field every practice?

Good deal about the concession stand! 👍

Don’t know how often band marches on field, just know there are deep ruts in it. Field’s terrible shape not because of band, but all the rain. When Carlisle played there, it was the muddiest and most slippery surface I’ve ever seen. With three days of rain forecast this week, it can’t be any better. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Playfor77 said:

Don’t know how often band marches on field, just know there are deep ruts in it. Field’s terrible shape not because of band, but all the rain. When Carlisle played there, it was the muddiest and most slippery surface I’ve ever seen. With three days of rain forecast this week, it can’t be any better. 

Ruts are no good.........and with the rain forecast it definitely won't be any better.  Hawkins was literally a mud bog by halftime; worst we've played on this year!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StingEmALTO said:

Wow! This sounds worse than the visitors side of The Pit.....at least they have a concrete sidewalk to get you to the stump of your choosing. 😂 Are the visitor stands a pretty decent siize?

The stands are fine it's just about 50-75 yards where the grass never took. Clay and top soil wash down to the sidewalk. Haven't seen the field but I bet it's about as bad as hawkins by now

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, knothead58 said:

The stands are fine it's just about 50-75 yards where the grass never took. Clay and top soil wash down to the sidewalk. Haven't seen the field but I bet it's about as bad as hawkins by now

Thanks! :thumbsup:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I had to dig around on page 3 to find this thread. 😂 YES, we are still playing this game!  Thursday night is in Alto, varsity travels to UG on Friday. Looking like a monsoon tomorrow evening, although the forecast has been lowered to 60% at 5:00.

Link to post
Share on other sites

From the Jacksonville Daily Progress:

Area Roundup: Troup, Alto set for playoffs, Bullard, Brook Hill have a chance

Alto Yellowjackets vs. Union Grove Lions

7:30 p.m. Friday at Glyn Johnston Stadium in Union Grove

Records: Alto (6-3, 3-1), Union Grove (6-3, 1-3)

Game Notes — Alto has already nailed down the District 10-2A runner-up spot; nevertheless a win in the regular season finale could boost the Yellowjackets' confidence as they head into bi-district play next week.The Lions, who opened the season by going 5-0, have been eliminated from the playoff picture and are playing for pride.

https://www.jacksonvilleprogress.com/sports/area-roundup-troup-alto-set-for-playoffs-bullard-brook-hill/article_816f3ae4-e2d2-11e8-932f-1f02ecb9d733.html

F762B50B-5BF5-4200-B137-1DED32AC2107.jpeg

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...