Projected Bowl Pairings

5 hours ago, DB2point0 said:

Dude I said it’s almost a fricking wash!!!!!!  That means coin toss!!!  Either or!!!!  My opinion is the LSU Offense is slightly better.  That’s it.  Quit fricking arguing just for the sake of arguing!!!!  Geez!  

The old "Pot meet Kettle" analogy comes to mind.

1 minute ago, Hlion said:

Oh now you don't wanna use stats funny how that works

Football is a game of matchups.  OU is one of the best offenses in the land and yet army holds them to 21 in regulation.  Does that mean army has a good defense?  No, funny how that works huh?!

10 minutes ago, DB2point0 said:

Football is a game of matchups.  OU is one of the best offenses in the land and yet army holds them to 21 in regulation.  Does that mean army has a good defense?  No, funny how that works huh?!

The problem with that argument though is that A&M and LSU run very similar offenses. Both want to run the ball and control the clock. It’s not like we are comparing Sumlins offense to LSU... 

A&M and LSU try to do similar things, A&M is just better at it against common opponents. They are also better statistically against their entire schedule but it’s only fitting to go by the common opponents in this scenario. 

Either way, the numbers show one thing, your opinion is another. You are entitled to it, just wanted to point out what the facts are. 

17 minutes ago, WETSU said:

The problem with that argument though is that A&M and LSU run very similar offenses. Both want to run the ball and control the clock. It’s not like we are comparing Sumlins offense to LSU... 

A&M and LSU try to do similar things, A&M is just better at it against common opponents. They are also better statistically against their entire schedule but it’s only fitting to go by the common opponents in this scenario. 

Either way, the numbers show one thing, your opinion is another. You are entitled to it, just wanted to point out what the facts are. 

You’re missing my point about matchups.  LSU offensive personel May matchup differently against the three teams you chose than the aTm offensive personel.  I don’t get too caught up in stats for that very reason.  Can they be an indicator?  Sure but they don’t tell the story 100%.